PDA

View Full Version : See any harm in this? (custom ULE)

Skoad
07-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Well I'm starting to put down this custom mag down on paper. Problem is it requires me to cut some holes in a ULE body.

Was wondering if anyone sees harm in holes (very similar to the ones under the body where the sear goes) on top or sides of the body. Only thing I can think of is possible dirt getting in around the spring but other than that it seems fine to me.

what do you think?

Blazestorm
07-31-2004, 10:39 PM
As long as you're good with it, the only thing is it wouldn't be the best to put it near the bolt...

But I'm thinking you're talking about using an E-mag ACE and want to drill a hole through the bottom to mount it... they already do that if you don't have an x-mag.

Otherwise I dunno!

Skoad
07-31-2004, 10:47 PM
no, this is a top secret project :)

unfortunately it has to be right at the bolt/spring area.

Blazestorm
07-31-2004, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't recommend it, mainly because air could get past that hole and leak out before it got to the ball, causing poor efficiency.

What you could do is cut a groove in the rail and have an o-ring in there for the body to sit on, sealing it from dirt and stuff...

Otherwise from the efficieny issue (it might not be an issue, the bolt is usually 3/4 of the way forward when the air is released. ) The only problem I see is voiding the warranty and getting dirt in there :p

Skoad
07-31-2004, 11:10 PM
no, hole must be in the body.

I don't think I should have a problem with air leaking out, otherwise airwould leak out of the bottom of the body where the sear sticks through.

and this thing will be far past voided warrenty when its all finished :P That is IF i get money to spend on it.

It's gonna suck because I think I can only do this with a ULE body, so I'll have to drop a ton of money and if it all doesn't work out it will suck :) Wish I could do it with a cheapo old standard body.

Edit: actually I think I have an idea to run a cheap prototype ! :)

Blazestorm
07-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Sounds like fun... custom jobs are always like that.

I wonder how hard an aluminum body for a sydarm would be ;) :D

Skoad
07-31-2004, 11:15 PM
ask doc :)

Blazestorm
07-31-2004, 11:16 PM
I think I should... he's only a state away, I got to wear one of his stock-class packs... those things are like... the best pack I've felt... so comfy and everything was easy to grab and in good locations. Plus easy to put empty 12-grams and 10-round tubes back (don't want to litter!)

Skoad
07-31-2004, 11:24 PM
yea I might have to have him do some work on this. But might just have Logic paintball do it since they are 30 min away :P