PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Difference

XbeasleyX
08-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Bluing as in firearms barrels and anodizing of aluminum. Why didn't AGD at lease do a test batch of blued steel bodies since you can't anno steel?

Destructo6
08-01-2004, 03:18 AM
They produced some that were blackened. Still for sale at $120 for power feed.

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/84.jpg

XbeasleyX
08-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Thats powdercoating, it's totally different than bluing.

_tMAN
08-01-2004, 11:03 AM
I believe those were teflon coated, not powdercoated, hence why they cost so much

Muzikman
08-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Bluing is not very duable. It will wear off ratehr quick and look pretty dang ugly as it's doing it.

Destructo6
08-01-2004, 02:09 PM
The AGD store says they were electroplated.

Our super long-lasting stainless mainbodies, covered with proprietary electroplated coating. Of all the finishes we have tried this, one lasts the longest. Available in hopper right and hopper left. When you are shooting your marker, decide which side you want your hopper, the left or the right, order that mainbody, easy as that!

If you want a stainless body that has been blackened, take it to a gunsmith and have him do it. It shouldn't be horribly expensive, since Brownells sells a home kit for something like $40.

toymyster
08-01-2004, 03:23 PM
You can not blue stainless steel!!! For stainless, the only option you have is some form of coating (powder, phosphate, teflon,etc...)!!

Destructo6
08-01-2004, 11:47 PM
I'd hate to be contrary, but...

STAINLESS STEEL HOT CAUSTIC BLUEING
There are at least two formulas available to hot blue stainless steel. I use DuLite 3-0 salts. The process is harder to use than regular salts, takes more tanks, temperature is more critical and is generally tougher all around. The results are the same as regular hot blueing.

Just like blueing carbon steel, stainless blueing is a stain, and does not add dimension to the metal. There is some passification, whatever that is, so the results are not a tremendously high gloss, more like the factory finish on most guns.

To find out if your gun is stainless steel, put a magnet on it. There should be some pull, but not as much as carbon steel.

So, if you're tired of spooking game with your shiny stainless steel gun, or if you're in law enforcement and don't want to look like a perp, stainless steel blueing is for you.

STAINLESS STEEL RIFLE BARRELS $80.00

STAINLESS STEEL RIFLE BARRELS PREPARED BY YOU $60.00

STAINLESS STEEL RIFLES COMPLETE $140.00

STAINLESS STEEL HANDGUNS $115.00

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
08-02-2004, 12:11 AM
I'd hate to be contrary, but...
He owned you toymyster, anything is left to possibility :dance:

toymyster
08-02-2004, 01:28 AM
Very well, I stand corrected!!! lol!!!