PDA

View Full Version : morlock owners inside please

camarogod98
08-01-2004, 02:07 AM
I just finished making a electronic frame for my automag rt. It has a e-mag solenoid run by a morlock board. Its pretty much a homemade e-mag i guess.

Anyways......heres what i need help with.

What should i set the timers to on the board. Solenoid On, Holdoff, ROF

I heard 25ms for the solenoid on timer. I dont have a clue for the Holdoff. I want my rate of fire to be 20 balls per second.

hope you guys can help.

anybody ever burn one of these boards up in there e-mag?

redlaser666
08-01-2004, 02:24 AM
If you want 20 bps set:
Sol on to 35ms (register 3)
Hold off to 10ms (default fo register 4)
ROF 50ms (register 6)

The solenoid shoud stay on for 35ms to prevent execive bolt wear and problems withthe lvX not reseting properly. The hold off is the time the board waits before activationg the second output if you are using 2 solenoids, in single solenoid mode its not used.
The ROF setting gives you the total cycle time, divide 1000 by this ammount to get the ROF (1000/50=20bps).

Hope this helps!
PM if you have more questios.

the electrician
08-01-2004, 08:14 AM
well first off, you only really need to set the #3 register and the #6 register, when you are using it in single solenoid mode, and are not using the eyes.

the solenoid on time(#3) can be 30 msec. I would recommend that as a minimum. any lower and you will run into excessive bolt wear and lvl 10 reset problems. redlaser is smart in recommending that 35 msec would be good for an RT, since it recharges faster than a classic valve.

you do not need to set any second solenoid hold off (#4) because you don't have a second solenoid ;)

now don't anybody think that I'm disagreeing with redlaser, I'm just being more specific as to what camarogod98 needs.

he told you how to get your ROF, but I would like to tell you to start at 16bps(63 msec) and try to lower it a little at a time, test firing the gun with paint each time. if you are using a lvl 10, I think you'll find that it can be hard to get the lvl 10 above 16 bps sometimes. but starting at this point will make it easier to fine tune the gun and figure out what you need to do to increase the bps from there.

I hope you are using a capacitor to help you're battery deal with the large current draw of that e-mag solenoid.