PDA

View Full Version : Gunk in my X-Valve

afultz075
08-01-2004, 10:59 AM
As I was cleaning my gun yesterday, I noticed a ton of brass shavings from the threads of my tank in my unimount threads. When I opened up my X-Valve to make sure none of it was there by luck some of this junk was. So what do I do about it? Is my valve ruined?

Chronobreak
08-01-2004, 11:12 AM
no but u gotta stop that from happening...dont break off asa trying to get them in

clean it outbest u can should be fine

Havoc_online
08-01-2004, 11:12 AM
no its not ruined. It would take a hellofalot more than that! :shooting:

Pull out the reg valve pin, shavings may have gotten around there. You might want to change your reg seat too.

afultz075
08-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Well, I went to the field and used this gun again today and it worked fine. I cleaned out the little chamber in the unimount and the chamber that is exposed when you twist the valve into two pieces and there really wasn't a whole lot of flakes (3-4, I think part of what made me think it was so bad was the color of the grease Tuna used when he adjusted the gun was a darker color.

I was getting horrendous consistency at some points today (+/- 12). But I attribute that to my tank since it sucks.

afultz075
08-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Well, I took my X Valve apart today, took out the reg seat, cleaned it off and oiled it, I took out the valve pin as well and wiped it off. I also took some Q-tips and wiped off the X-Valve chamber. Like most Mag work, it was a pretty simple process. So that should be it as far as cleaning it then? Do I have to take the regulator apart and clean that as well?

ZapTheMad
08-03-2004, 05:58 AM
might be a good idea to lubricate the tank threads with some light grease or something.

afultz075
08-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Yea, I already tried that, did nothing, I'm just going to ditch this tank, now it's time to try and get my Flatline working :clap: