PDA

View Full Version : custom emag questions

BlackWeenie
08-01-2004, 03:58 PM
so how do ppl get the lowers of the emags custom colours? is it done by anno? if so what is involved in that process, do you need to take out the board? and roughly how much would it cost to get that done? (just the trigger frame)

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-01-2004, 04:25 PM
All ya do is send it in to be annoed. Most places require you to take boards out and disasemble everything before sending it to them. The price varies on the company you send it to. I dont really have an estimate but i know whitewolf, xpb, and a few others offer good prices and do quality anoodizing.

jayloo
08-01-2004, 05:30 PM
If you dont want to be bothered disassempling it just send the whole thing to Tunaman ot BradAGD. PM or email them first. Price on just a frame might be $50 or so. Whole gun $250 to $300. After it was all done they could even give it a tune-up.

NOTE: I do not speak nor work for either of these great dealers. I just have some experience with them. BradAGD has my entire Emag right now. :shooting:

magman007
08-01-2004, 08:01 PM
anno batches usually run 8 pieces or so, so it wouldnt be cheeper to just do one part, it would be cheeper to do the whole gun. Anno usually around.. 100 dollars, and up depending on hoe elaborate you get.

the process? well...

it involves stripping the old anno off the body, since it is not electronically conducive. Then, once the anno is striped and the body is cleaned, the part gets wired up, making good contact with the body, then dunked in to a battery acid solution. the part becomes an annode when hooked up to a positive charge, then a nother piece, a conductive metal, is hooked up to a negative charge, and becomes the cathode. the annodizing cycle involves treating an outer layer of alumunum, and making it porus. then the part is dyed, then boiled to seal the porus layer.

then you end up with your perdy gun

SpecialBlend2786
08-01-2004, 08:19 PM
yay for chemistry :)

BlackWeenie
08-01-2004, 09:16 PM
so do i have to "sand" it down or will they do it for me? i think if i sent it to tuna he would "sand" it for me would he not? and is it more expensive to get a fade anno job?

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-01-2004, 09:18 PM
The annoer will strip it for you and it will cost more for a fade anno but not a ton more usually.