PDA

View Full Version : Pack - and playing without

Lohman446
08-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Ok, I started something today, something that struck me as odd but was actually working pretty well.

First, let me tell you I have always played with a 3 place pack, and that has been fine but I found I was seldom using more than 1. Further that pack was taking hits in the snake with this pack on.

So today I dumped the pack, I generally ran out wtih a single pod - I had to take it with me when I moved, but that did nto seem to be a problem and I did not forget it I play aggressively and found that I was not running out of that pod, even when I started in the back stand up and moved up from there.

Anyone else tried this, am I nuts and just need to shoot more? I seemed to be performing a touch better than normal as far as advancing my team... and one time when someone tried to bunker me and didnt see the pack it confused them eough to pause as my backplayer gogged them LOL

TeamNausea
08-01-2004, 05:26 PM
lol yeah i seldom get to my second or third pod but i always have them pack just in case

-=Squid=-
08-01-2004, 05:29 PM
I play front and carry 7 pods, shoot and communicate like a back player. But hey, I do my job up front, and would say I do it well enough. I just play all goofy I suppose.

1ofkind
08-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Uhh, I used to use 1 pod and put it in my pant pocket. I only stopped because it would fall out. Now that I've been better and more into the game I find myself needing atleast 1 pod when I play back.

WickeDKlowN
08-01-2004, 05:36 PM
I like to shoot....Alot.

RRfireblade
08-01-2004, 05:49 PM
That's kind of an old skool style of play. You take 1 or sometimes 2 pods,with the 2 you tape them together but with opposite ends up. Pretty much shoot your hopper on the break and making your starting bunker,dump the pod and drop it and then finish the game.......if you can.(or dump one and then eventually the other for the 2 pod set up)

If it works for you....great.

ramennoodles
08-01-2004, 05:56 PM
i hardly ever even reach one pod, i wanna try a blackstar two pod carrier and stick it on my tank, that might be nice. but in rec ball, i just go without.

magman#1
08-01-2004, 06:10 PM
i never even take a pack or pod out in rec-ball. even in the longest speedball games i barely ever shoot almost all of my hopper. i just only shoot when i know i can hit them, i don't shoot at people really far away or people i don't have an angle on. it really makes you alot better player too.

frontrunner
08-01-2004, 06:13 PM
i waer a 3+2 proto pack and although i may not use more then 1 pod the pack it self is very nice support, i like to lean back and play in whatever position seems to fit and i have found the pack makes this alot easyier for me

SlipknotX556
08-01-2004, 06:17 PM
I really try and limit myself on how much I shoot in a game, but it never works. I bring 3 pods to each game, almost all of the time, use those 3 pods. I now try and play with only a pod and a hopper.

soccer4minimags
08-01-2004, 06:18 PM
I really never wear a harness anymore. I will run with a 140rd tube in one of my front pockets and that does me fine. Its pretty easy and if your pants are big enough its hardly noticeable. On games where I think I may need more paint I put one in the other pocket too, but I hardly ever have to break out a second one in a game unless I play back to back games.

Also one of my favorite pods for carrying with out a pack are those little VL 100 rd pods. Those ones they sell at walmart for like 3 bucks and they come with paint. Those are great to reuse over and over, and fit in pockets easier.

TeamNausea
08-01-2004, 06:25 PM
When i play back though i easily dump 3-4 pods sometimes using up my 3+2 pack

Blazestorm
08-01-2004, 06:26 PM
What's a pack?

Hopper-ball fo life.

Except with a sydarm... need a few backup 10rd tubes for those ;)

OysterBoy
08-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Theres no way I could put a pod in my pocket and do my job on the field. Heck, I'm buying a 2+1 from WGP, smallest size they make and it may even inhibit my ability to book.

punkncat
08-01-2004, 06:29 PM
I generally play hopper ball myself , esp in rec play.

The most pods I ever carry are two , even in a Tournament. I figure if I ( along with my teammates) can't get the other team out within 480 balls something is wrong.

tony3
08-01-2004, 06:36 PM
I carry 5 pods, and I play front, usually on the snake side. I don't see why front guys should be limited to 2-3 pods when instead you could basically just mow the field. Infamous has got it right, in 7man their front are carrying 7 pods and shooting them all. Its sad to say, but shooting a lot of paint really does pay off.

TheShark
08-01-2004, 06:43 PM
For a long time I've played with remote co2... tank on 1 side of the belt, single 100rd pod on the other. Gets me through a speedball game just fine.

NukeGoose
08-01-2004, 07:01 PM
I play front, and haven't used my pack in the past year during rec-ball. I can usually play 2 games or so per hopper, though I usually fill after every game. Usually 5 on 5.

It's probably because I'm a ninja.

BeaverEater
08-01-2004, 07:15 PM
I carry a pack when im playing back and laying down more paint. I find that i play more aggresively if i go out on the field with less paint because it forces me to make something happen faster instead of shooting and waiting for something to happen.

scott

eNder159
08-01-2004, 07:38 PM
i go out hopper ball style...when im on a 1000 round budget...but if i buy a case...usually ill fill up 3 or 4 of my pods for those just incase moments...usually after a round and the switch. ill have about half a hopper full ...and when we get off the field..ill fill up my hopper...

and i play front..

_tMAN
08-01-2004, 07:51 PM
I always wear a 2 pod holder, it sucks.
I am looking for one of those tank covers that can hold 1 pod on a tank, anyone got a link?

SpecialBlend2786
08-01-2004, 08:28 PM
i hardly ever even reach one pod, i wanna try a blackstar two pod carrier and stick it on my tank, that might be nice. but in rec ball, i just go without.

The Blackstar DuelE is a great product. Try strapping one to each leg just as good as a 4 pod pack but it looks cooler :p

TheShark
08-01-2004, 09:16 PM
omg dude if you find out where to get a tank cover that holds a pod, PLEASE POST IT. I will be buying a tank and cover soon and that would be PERFECT for me.

ramennoodles
08-01-2004, 09:20 PM
http://www.blackstarpaintball.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/SID=1091413175.80693/page=packs.html

not really a tank cover, but sorta.

SpecialBlend2786
08-01-2004, 10:48 PM
http://www.blackstarpaintball.com/images/dualesmev.jpg

68magOwner
08-01-2004, 11:07 PM
i play front and shoot up to 4 pods in 3 man games

flyinasian016
08-02-2004, 12:48 PM
I play front and use a Redz 3+2. I usually only take 2 pods. If im in a trigger happy mood ill shoot both of the pods, but i usually only shoot my hopper and 1 pod. :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: <--Bad

Enemy
08-02-2004, 03:45 PM
i play anywhere and everywhere i use a 4+0 and that pack does me fine granted i dont shoot as much as i can..but even when im out of paint i still like to have the pack on cuz i can rest the middle pod on my heel then roll back on the pack using it as a brace to roll out the left side...its hard to explain and just as hard to do but its fun to see! also that setup holds more than 500 rounds and its nice to be able to carry all the paint you just paid for because no one can steal it if its on your back right??

Smitty2k1
08-02-2004, 04:13 PM
Im on my 5th or 6th season right now, not once have I ever used or owned a pack.

Am I good? No, not really.

Do I find the need to shoot that much, carry that much weight, and make myself that much bigger of a target? Def not.

But hey thats just me, I try and have fun, even though I still dont have fun and thats why Ive only played once all season.

Automaggot68
08-02-2004, 06:42 PM
I was talking to Z-man a while back, and he said he wont paly nunless he's got some 9 pods on him.
He later said, 'I like to shoot alot, and I like to shoot really fast', But then I guess everyone here already knew that?
:D :dance:

canemaster
08-02-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm a front/mid and I am very incosistant with my shooting.

Sometimes I shoot and pod in one game, others I shoot 5. So just incase I have a 3+4 pack.

:headbang:

flyinasian016
08-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Theres a guy that i used to practice with who plays for Aftermath(Div 3 X-ball), at our practices he used to take some 16 pods and usually drop about 10+. Thats A LOT of paint.

1ofkind
08-02-2004, 06:47 PM
When I used to have my spyder flash(hahahha) I'ed shoot so many pods in one game it was crazy, that was when I first discovered "poping the trigger" Ah the good old days! :p

Bad_Dog
08-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I play front and use a Redz 2.2 pack... and love it. not only is it made very well (tough) but its capable of holding 4 pods. if you have the desire to only carry 2 pods, the extra two flaps fold up and dont creat any more of a target than you already present (plus they look nice too)...