PDA

View Full Version : posting links?

durtysoufcraka
08-01-2004, 05:36 PM
this is not a link on AO. i need to post a link on a diff site myspace. but i dont have any understanding of html code. how would i post a link to a diff site on another site? can anyone help me w/the link or better yet w/a basic understanding of html code. thank you
-durty

CaptaiN_JacK
08-01-2004, 05:51 PM
html is basically a tag <tag> ending with an ending tag </tag>

*Substitute the *'s with <

So heres the html tag for links: *a href=""> */a>

So lets pretend the link is www.myspace.com. the html code would read:

*a href="www.myspace.com">Title of link.*/a>

Now if you substitute the *'s with <'s, you get: <a href="www.myspace.com">Title of link.</a>

The space between the tags allows you to name the link. So, if you exchange "Title of link." with "myspace", you get:

<a href="www.myspace.com">myspace</a>

Good luck!

Kevmaster
08-01-2004, 05:55 PM
<a href="http://www.yourlink.com/folder/name.html"> Text for link here </a>

thats it!

durtysoufcraka
08-01-2004, 06:09 PM
thank y'all very much it worked just as described. but what is the "href" thing does that stand for something. and how do you change the color on posts. if im typing something what do i put around it to change the color. now im just playing around trying to further understand html code. thank you.
-durty

Kevmaster
08-02-2004, 12:20 PM
href, if i remember right, stands for "hypertext referene". Could be wrong, don't remember my intro HTML class aoll that well.

to change the font color, you need code such as:

<font color="blue"> Text to become blue </font>

you can replace blue with a vareity of other prenamed colors (green, red, black, white, orange, etc) and HEX CODE colors. Google HEX CODES for a listing of HEX CODE color stuff.