PDA

View Full Version : Marker Sponsorship Question

Onryou
08-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Mostly directed at Mr. Kaye, but anyone who knows can lend me their 2 cents.

If a team were to land a Marker Sponsorship, what kind of price could they expect from their sponsor? Would they have to pay factory price, dealer price or MSRP for their markers? Or would it be possible for a non-factory team to get the markers free?

Xyxyll
08-01-2004, 11:51 PM
I'm sure it would depend on the marker company and their sponsorship plans.

Sac
08-02-2004, 12:21 AM
And how good the team applying for sponsorship is.

G-Rock
08-02-2004, 12:34 AM
I can tell you from dealing with a team that had a marker sponsorship, and also most sponsorships in general. At the local level and even lower national level exsposure, you will only get dealer price, maybe alittle less.

Once you start winnning and getting exsposure, then the team has alittle more to negotiate with.

chris geiger

Skoad
08-02-2004, 01:13 AM
It really varies. On the low end, they'll get a percentage off maybe 5-10% off. Some may get dealer prices. And others could get below dealer or free, and possibly early pre-release markers.

tony3
08-02-2004, 10:50 AM
One of my friends plays for a wdp sponsored team and they got a4 fly's, tech service, and all angel clothing for 1k a person. They play div 3 nppl.

teufelhunden
08-02-2004, 10:56 AM
One of my friends plays for a wdp sponsored team and they got a4 fly's, tech service, and all angel clothing for 1k a person. They play div 3 nppl.

Woogy?

Kevmaster
08-02-2004, 12:18 PM
yah, for your local/regional tourny team, dealer price is about as much as you can expect from a marker sponsorship. if you tear up the area, you might get some more. but 99% of local and regional teams don't get sponsored by WDP or National for markers, their home FIELD gives them the discount.

Sponsorships are pretty rare from the big comapnies for a local team. FIELDS will sponsor them, but rarely does a big company spend money on a small time team.

tony3
08-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Woogy?

Neg, he comes in the chat, his screen name is dyeform22