rightsidefight
10-20-2001, 09:07 PM
should i:
buy a micro emag
buy an emag
dont buy either

DarkPhoenix
10-20-2001, 09:10 PM
I say E-mag. I have heard too many problems with the micro. I believe Russ has had the worst time with it and would rather forget the experience.

rightsidefight
10-20-2001, 09:11 PM
thanks for the help

PAINTBALLA01
10-20-2001, 09:13 PM
i just think the micro looks cool

Xzion
10-20-2001, 09:16 PM
I say get the E-Mag! The micro doesnt look as good IMO... but the all AGD E-Mag... thats one piece of electro 'mag :D

Russ
10-20-2001, 09:31 PM
Pro-Team MicroE-Mag = :mad:

AGD E-Mag = :D

Do a search for "Disgusted with Pro-Team"

BTW, the short vert feed tube displayed some blowback problems, really limiting ROF. (that is, when the gun actually FIRED!)

Nice anno though. :rolleyes:

Snappy
10-20-2001, 09:39 PM
I'd say Modular E Mag. If not that, I'd go E Mag. I have the greatest trust for AGD of any paintball co.

FooTemps
10-21-2001, 01:21 PM
Get the modular sfl emag when it comes out...

absocountry2
10-21-2001, 02:16 PM
I think you should get a modular body and use your imagination to mill something the way you want it. The cocker is and has been popular because of the hundreds of different looks that can be had. The modular body is putting mag owners in a situation to modify to each persons tastes even further than ever before. My hat is off to Airguns for this. The modular body is about 3 ozs lighter than a stock emag before any milling. They left a lot a metal for this purpose. I read that in a post from John Sosta of Airguns Europe. The SFL looks really nice but I don't feel it looks as goos as it can. I am looking forward to the release of the extreme to see what everybody comes up with. I know we all have dreams of what it can look like.....
Dave

HeerophantG
10-22-2001, 09:19 AM
I Prefer Emag i don't really like PTP's Product they don'y impressed me much
and also many people tell me about its problem (micro emag)

ah137
11-12-2001, 07:58 PM
One of my friends has one and it is sweet, It shoots really nice and is very accurate, uses cocker barrels and has an aluminum mainbody. Seems to be like an extreme with out the modular part.

later

I almost think I should have gotten one.

Cliffio
11-13-2001, 01:04 PM
well that depends on what kind of ball u play
i mean the emag with war and everything is rather heavy imo
2 people on my team have them and both have fiber warped tanks, i think they are heavy but if u play back it wont matter much,
i dunno how much lighter a micro is and i dont know about any problems they have

but the emags with warp and a full hopper seems heavy, could just be the weight distrobution(sp)
since all the weight is on the side

headcase
12-13-2001, 04:26 PM
Well I had a micro E that I didn't have any problems with, I'm getting a normal E because I like the warp bodies, it allows for a small set up than I could have gotten with the Micro.

As far as weight, I really don't see what the problem is, I've played with a nasty typhoon, 2 12v revs, and a full 20oz Co2, and that didn't really bother me. People complain about weight, because they are use to one thing. I think it is funny when people complain about the weight of a warp, it weighs less than a pound. It goes back to people are afraid of new things, but that is OT.

Get the E-mag, AGD quality control is much better than PTP you might get lucky and get a good Micro, but it won't take luck to get a good E-mag

Later
SSDD

Maghog
01-17-2002, 04:13 PM
Man it's depressing to read all the negative comments about the Micro E. I have one sitting and waiting for me to pick it up in America and I can only hope that it's a good one. I've heard too that you have to get lucky and get a well tuned specimen, otherwise you'll be upset like Russ.
PTP made a mistake, they took their already produced Micromag body and tried to adapt it to the E-mag system instead of starting from scratch.
What people don't know is that the original e-mag design was created by pro-team and sold to AGD. You would think that if they were the ones to invent it they'd do it right.
My sources told me however that the techs at AGD put the finishing touches on the E-mag that it needed, and that without them it would not be what it is now.
Rest assured, PTP is rethinking the Micro configuration, and when a new model comes out it will be spectacular.
For now, I think they're biting their own lips because of the decisions they made, and they are paying for it.
I just hope they took the time to get mine right.

RT_Luver
02-18-2002, 08:34 AM
Diffenatly go E-mag:D just wait till the extreme's are out,thats what I'm doin.Cant wait for the ACE:rolleyes:

RT_Luver
02-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Also,bout the weight problem.......I thought my RT PRO with out tank and hopper was heavy when I first got it.I added a warp to it and now I think its light as a feather.You just gotta get used to it.Do some curlz with it,I DO:D THe funniest thing was when I was doing that and my mom walked in.She just looked at me and shut the door.:p

Grey_Goose
02-18-2002, 09:37 AM
I'm kind of surprised at the comments, too.

I've had several E's & two E-M's & never had any problems with any of them. My primary right now is an ultra-nickel E-M, and it shoots like a dream.

I've had zero blow-back problems w/ it, and here are my thoughts:

E-Mag Benefits:
Warp body/interchangeable body

E-Micro Benefits:
nice milling
'cocker barrels

I've gotten a lot more comments on the E-M than I ever got w/ the E, and the 'cocker barrels are what made the decision for me. They're cheaper, a wider selection, & easier to clean. Again, all my opinion.

With the relatively short vf on the E-M, a Warp setup isn't that bad, either. Definitely not as sweet as a Warp body, but... some of us are just suckers for 'cocker barrels and sweet looks :D

cphilip
11-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Well the Micros can be tempermental as they have different specs in a few areas. One main one being the on off pin length. I got one that was a problem child and sent it out to Black to look at. He found several issues that were easily corrected. The one main one was a wandering Sear selenoid Plunger that was unscrewing itself out as it was being used. There was no lock down nut. So he returned that to spec and then returned the On Off pin to its spec. He also found a miss aligned Battery post. The previous owner had issues with losing power and I suspect missfiring. All these were cured and it continues to shoot very well to this day. I suspect those problems existed from day one with this marker. And a Plunger that would not stay in spec would continue to reoccur no matter how many times you made a new On Off pin trying to correct it. And the power issue was simply a bad connection. I cannot get this marker back away from my Kid now. Its a nice shooting marker now. The blow back issue is now solved with a combination of Level 10 and a Halo B.

A few others have had detante issues and mosly from a week spring that needs to be replaced and that seems to solve these problems. I have had no problems with this issue at this time.

Kevmaster
11-21-2002, 04:33 PM
me and Russ both had problems with PTP Emags...although AGD took mine and put ~$300 into it to get her working agin.(mad props to AGD) id go with the AGD emag, although the PTPs do look damn sexy

56kSomeGuy
11-21-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm actually happy with micro-e(thanks kev) but i'm not the best with electronics so some how i fried the board but no problem ptp is just around the corner in Fl so it will take about a day to two to get everything fixed up again:). They have very good customer service(everytime i have a problem i just give them a call and they will hook me up with anything i need, they even gave me a free yellow pin since my gun didn't have one and a new battery:D )

WicKeD_WaYz
11-22-2002, 01:48 AM
if you want performance over looks go with the E mag

rdb123
12-02-2002, 05:08 PM
Hi, my main question is how much does the E-Micro weigh? Is it maybe half the weight of a standard E-Mag?

Thanks

56kSomeGuy
12-02-2002, 05:38 PM
The micro-e should be a tad lighter since it is aluminum while the e-mag is steel. I have owned an e-mag before and the weight seems a little heaver( not really sure since the e-mag that i had was a customized one with the battery moved and some other things milled off to lightened it)