PDA

View Full Version : NE AO Day

dandaman
08-02-2004, 11:24 AM
The last time there was an AO day in the New England area the show up was horrible from what I've heard from Riot Z. I was thinking of having an AO day at a home field that I have became to love, Camp Paintball (www.camppaintball.com). Though speedball is lacking it makes up for the LOWEST prices for paint and field fee. This is only an idea there are pictures of the fields on the website so check it out. There is also Cape Cod Paintball which would be good also.

hobbesTZ
08-02-2004, 11:30 AM
OSG Paintball in NH. EVERYTHING is good there.

Duck Hunt
08-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Somewhere close so I can go!!! Hehehehe.

Sean

lord1234
08-02-2004, 12:40 PM
osg stinks...

camp is good...but nos peedball is what kills it..

dandaman
08-03-2004, 02:42 PM
osg stinks...

camp is good...but nos peedball is what kills it..
I know but goods news is that it's coming the bad is that we don't know when it could be next month or next year.

What about canobie? I've never been.

jdev
08-03-2004, 03:07 PM
last AO NE day wasnt too bad when me and dan organized it. With the donations I was able to get from vendors, we more than made up for in fun, what we lacked in attendance. If I recall, only 18 people showed up.

I tried to get Jon and Tom to come out, but, neither will commit unless I can get 100 confirmed people to show up (which is why last year we did a pre-reg.. if I do it this year, it will be a little more organized.). Next time I am at CCPB, I am going to talk to John about setting up a deal for paint/entry/air as a package for the AO day, then, see who we can get to register. With any luck, I will be there this weekend, and can talk to him about it and get prices. Planned date for this would be sometime in october, just to give people time to take the days off, make hotel arrangements and all that good stuff.

-Joe

Duck Hunt
08-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Canobie Paintball is an excellent field (http://www.canobiepaintball.com) Its located in Windham New Hampshire. If it looks good to the rest of you I'm a regular there and I'd be more than happy to ask them any questions you'd need!

Sean

rkjunior303
08-04-2004, 02:43 PM
I'm defintely down since I play at Camp regularly.. I'm sure I've seen some of you guys down there and never even realized it.

warbeak2099
08-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Oh hey, this would be great. I live in NY and I can't make it to this year's AO NJ, so this will be like a second chance at an AO day.

jdev
08-04-2004, 06:57 PM
ok

im going to try to make it down to CCPB to see if I can get us a deal on a prereg.

im trying to get it down to $70, which will cover one case of paint, admission/all day air.

if anyone else can talk to another field, and get similar prices, let me know.

oldsoldier
08-04-2004, 07:23 PM
I'm in.

Remington
08-04-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm in.

Me too.

Wc Keep
08-04-2004, 08:24 PM
im in. joey d just pm me every so often to remind me of this. if you want any help organizing let me know. and make sure heather doesnt have a tee ball game to go to.

Wc Keep
08-04-2004, 08:28 PM
and if there is a top gun competition the way we will do it is have everyone play against me and see if they can beat me. :)

p.s. i should have won that top gun competition.

LudavicoSoldier
08-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Meh...I could care less about speedball. I would prefer Camp Paintball. It is cheaper than the Cape, and a bit more centrally located for those north of Boston. You could probably get a bigger group to show up at Camp Paintball on account of its rec flavor. AGD is all about rec/scenerio after all. Lets make some noobies AGD lovers! :ninja:

rkjunior303
08-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Meh...I could care less about speedball. I would prefer Camp Paintball. It is cheaper than the Cape, and a bit more centrally located for those north of Boston. You could probably get a bigger group to show up at Camp Paintball on account of its rec flavor. AGD is all about rec/scenerio after all. Lets make some noobies AGD lovers! :ninja:

I agree... they do get a nice crowd of younger players/woodsball players down at Camp.. AND, if needed, they do have the larger tire/barrel fields we could play on (even if it's just one)... I love the place since it's so cheap -- even if you need a monster truck to get to them sometimes :)

The Frymarker
08-05-2004, 11:08 AM
im in. joey d just pm me every so often to remind me of this. if you want any help organizing let me know. and make sure heather doesnt have a tee ball game to go to.

Hehe I heard that. Yeah give me a day and I'll see if I can make it. I can't promise give aways though this time around. I have the past NEAO gift certs that haven't been redeemed yet and I have a few going to Shatnerball.

But if you want me to come and play I'll see what I can do.

EqualsP
08-05-2004, 11:25 AM
if you guys do decide on Camp Paintball, stop by the Camp Forums and post it in the Events forum.. we can help increase the draw. We would love to have you guys down..

=P

lord1234
08-05-2004, 12:17 PM
wow cyber power is awesome...thanks for showing me an awesome site.

cougar20th
08-05-2004, 12:42 PM
ive been looking for another game to play in. let me know when and where.

Wc Keep
08-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Hehe I heard that. Yeah give me a day and I'll see if I can make it. I can't promise give aways though this time around. I have the past NEAO gift certs that haven't been redeemed yet and I have a few going to Shatnerball.

heather your presence is what we request of course.

Wc Keep
08-05-2004, 12:43 PM
but lets make sure we do this at a field with a really nice speedball arena. ccpb has a nice combo.

cougar20th
08-05-2004, 12:51 PM

im one of the guilty ones with the unredeemed certificate. was waiting for a gun to arrive and forgot about the certificate. ill be in touch shortly

Remington
08-05-2004, 04:14 PM
im one of the guilty ones with the unredeemed certificate. was waiting for a gun to arrive and forgot about the certificate. ill be in touch shortly

I'm guilty as well. I figure I need to put some color on my marker before I can design some cool grips for it. Pretty soon Heather. Thanks again! :)

jdev
08-05-2004, 04:31 PM
ok.

unless someone can find out definitely from wes that camp will have airball fields in there by mid september, then, im going with Cape again.

Cape now has 4 airball fields (as opposed to the 2 air, and 2 hyperball they had last year) 1 barrels field, 1 hyperball field, the "fort" field, spools field, and the "satellite" field. I like camp, its where I practice, but, I think the more draw is going to be on those who like to play speedball. considering some of the bigger prizes will be given away for the pickup tourney we will be devising, I would like to have the airball fields for that. Im not really all that into the fields at camp. sorry wes :p

anyways. I will try to get to CCPB this saturday do talk to John about prices. I am shootng for $70 for air, case, field fee as a pre register. I know its short notice, but, lets see, if at that price, I can get at least 20 of you to agree to that. I really want Tom and Jon to come out for this, but, to do that, it requires 100 people. so. if you guys want Jon and Tom to come out (trust me, awesome times will be had) pre-reg for this, and tell some friends.

The tenative date for this is October 2nd. So, plan on that being the day.

-Joe

EqualsP
08-05-2004, 05:10 PM
The tenative date for this is October 2nd. So, plan on that being the day.

-Joe

wow.. do you guys AIM for the EMR Castle dates? =( another one i can't attend...

=P

jdev
08-05-2004, 05:15 PM
hahah

no. actually, this was set for july 23. but, thats the day before cup. if im trying to get Jon and Tom to come out, they cant do it that close to cup. so, I figured beginning of the month would have been better :D

The Frymarker
08-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Oh no worries guys take your time with the certs, really. I just need to slow down a bit with the give aways :)

Next time though count me in. But seriously if the 2nd it is I'll be sure to make it :)

danoxide
08-05-2004, 07:55 PM
how far away is this place from albany NY? i have always wanted to go to an AO day but theres never one really near me...

LudavicoSoldier
08-06-2004, 12:13 AM
:sigh:

Ok, I guess you guys demand AirBall...

Anyhow, we should do a AO Rec day sometime. Nothing formal, no prizes, just good old fashioned fun. Looks like its up to the rec heads around here to set it up though... Would any of you be interested in something of this sort before the outdoor season is up? PM me if you are.

I'll be there either way, and maybe i'll actually get there early enough to play this time... :ninja:

Wc Keep
08-06-2004, 09:36 AM
:sigh:

Ok, I guess you guys demand AirBall...

Anyhow, we should do a AO Rec day sometime. Nothing formal, no prizes, just good old fashioned fun. Looks like its up to the rec heads around here to set it up though... Would any of you be interested in something of this sort before the outdoor season is up? PM me if you are.

I'll be there either way, and maybe i'll actually get there early enough to play this time... :ninja:

dude you have the idea of an ao day all wrong. just because people wanna play some speedball and wanna have mini tournaments doesnt mean that there arent people who dont want to go into the woods. :shooting: nj ao day 3 was huge. and there were people playing speedball and rec ball. so there is no need to set up another ao day. one day of both will boost the attendance.

jdev
08-06-2004, 10:12 AM
yea, what keeps said.

there are also woods fields too should we want to play there. thats where we did the 'topgun" last year :D

im not too good to play some recball, though, last time I did, some kid took his barrel condom off before getting on the field, and shot me in the back from about 2 feet away. it was accidental of course, but, he got a stern warning from me about leaving his barrel condom on until he was on the field.

DarkSideBlues
08-06-2004, 10:37 AM
I am so in. I will even bring my "other" mag just in case someone needs one. Nothing too fancy just a PF classic with a red/black/gold eclipse anno kit. If anyone is interested, I will be playing Aug 29th in the Summer Closing Big Game at Canobie paintball. I am the guy with the Pewter X valve and matching pewter ULE Body mag, Halo, and a Cool Half naked chick on the N2 tank. Look forward to seeing you all there.

LudavicoSoldier
08-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Haha...cool cool, as long as we get a game or two in on the Cape's awesome woods fields i'll be happy. :D Count me in!

danoxide
08-06-2004, 02:35 PM
how far away is this place from albany NY? i have always wanted to go to an AO day but theres never one really near me...

once agian...

LudavicoSoldier
08-06-2004, 02:52 PM
I would say that it would probably be a 4-5 hour drive. I've done it before, and its not all that bad. Its not a dirve down. play, and drive back type thing, unless you are nuts like twob2be...

Wc Keep
08-06-2004, 03:37 PM
I would say that it would probably be a 4-5 hour drive. I've done it before, and its not all that bad. Its not a dirve down. play, and drive back type thing, unless you are nuts like twob2be...

you thats not as bad as you make it sound. i was at work sunday morning at 9 am. in JERSEY!!!

Remington
08-06-2004, 04:22 PM
you thats not as bad as you make it sound. i was at work sunday morning at 9 am. in JERSEY!!!

Yea, but didn't you get back in around 4 in the morning? :eek: ;)

BE4life182
08-06-2004, 04:46 PM
how about you move it up to the maine-ish way. if its in maine ill go. like how bout rouge or the flying dutchman. speaking of which, anyone going to the big scenario at the flying dutchman on hte 14th?? is there even anyone from maine here???

Wc Keep
08-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Yea, but didn't you get back in around 4 in the morning? :eek: ;)

no i got back home at 8 in the morning. took a 30 minute shower, took 15 minutes to get dressed and then went to work.

well worth it though.

be4life182 why cant you go if its at ccpb??? im coming from jersey. so you can go two states over.

BE4life182
08-07-2004, 05:37 PM
yea except i dont drive ;)

Wc Keep
08-07-2004, 08:31 PM
yea except i dont drive ;)

lie cheat steal train fly or bus. take your pick.

Pballwizz
08-07-2004, 08:41 PM
Im serious, I had BETTER be able to make this one. But yea, seriously, do Camp, I think that would be awesome. I hope they get Airball though.

oldsoldier
08-07-2004, 10:38 PM
If camp has a field where we can setr up an airball field, I have one we can use. I will just need help bringing it down to the cape, like a truck or van or something,.

Riot[Z-Grip]
08-07-2004, 11:09 PM
If camp has a field where we can setr up an airball field, I have one we can use. I will just need help bringing it down to the cape, like a truck or van or something,.

Nah, I can't think of any cleared area where we could put an airball field at Camp right now. We could put it on the soccer fields outside and play for a while, until the cops show. :)

-Riot

Wc Keep
08-07-2004, 11:11 PM
']Nah, I can't think of any cleared area where we could put an airball field at Camp right now. We could put it on the soccer fields outside and play for until the cops show. :)

-Riot

im sorry but i cannot allow such a sacriligous thing to occur to a soccer field.

sharpshooter1286
08-07-2004, 11:17 PM
im def in on this...but i'll be rockin the rental because i am currently without a gun, but i just wanna get out and play. havent yet been to an NE AO day, always wanted to go.

Thermus
08-07-2004, 11:37 PM
If it were in New Hampshire theres no freakin way I could go... I'd love to organize a southern NE AO day in CT somewhere... Maybe at Hogan's Alley or something.

Wc Keep
08-08-2004, 07:49 AM
If it were in New Hampshire theres no freakin way I could go... I'd love to organize a southern NE AO day in CT somewhere... Maybe at Hogan's Alley or something.

see thats the thing guys. you cant organize more than one. it kills the attendance. plus you have to take into account those that are coming from out of state/region. they are not going to be able to attend two. so let joey d work his magic.

BE4life182
08-08-2004, 08:43 AM
lie cheat steal train fly or bus. take your pick.
is all of the above an option :shooting:

BE4life182
08-08-2004, 08:48 AM
official northern NE AO day
where-THe flying dutchman, guilford, ME
when-sat. the 14 of august
why-big scenario featuring the newly built castle
ok so its not official but id like to see one person there. first off, does anyone even know anyone from maine at the forum?? i need some help with this one.
for any that are serious www.flyingdutchmanpaintball.com for details and directions

Thermus
08-08-2004, 12:35 PM
see thats the thing guys. you cant organize more than one. it kills the attendance. plus you have to take into account those that are coming from out of state/region. they are not going to be able to attend two. so let joey d work his magic.

Hey, I'm fine with that, but I really doubt that any people from around me would drive up to Maine for a day of paintball, thats some serious driving right there. I doubt it would kill attendance for that one at all. I'm talking poeple from lower Mass, CT, NY, and nothern NJ. Maybe even Rhode Island. Its just a suggestion, I don't even think I would have the time to do it anyway. All I know is, there isn't achance I cna ever go to one of these if they are all 8+ hours away.

Timmee
08-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey, I'm fine with that, but I really doubt that any people from around me would drive up to Maine for a day of paintball, thats some serious driving right there. I doubt it would kill attendance for that one at all. I'm talking poeple from lower Mass, CT, NY, and nothern NJ. Maybe even Rhode Island. Its just a suggestion, I don't even think I would have the time to do it anyway. All I know is, there isn't achance I cna ever go to one of these if they are all 8+ hours away.

Thermus, CCPB is about 2 hours away for me, and Stamford is probably about 2 hours (or less) away from Ledyard. The drive was well worth it, though, because playing at CCPB was awesome (even considering the rain). I also had a blast meeting my fellow AO'ers. I did make a few mistakes the first time I went up there though: I forgot to bring a complete change of clothes, and I drove home after the event, instead of staying the night in one of the local hotels.

Wc Keep
08-08-2004, 04:40 PM
thermus if you find travel 8 hours for a really good time to be a deterent than let me tell you about my endevours. i traveled 10 hours to get back from mega meet cause we took our time. i think i traveled 12 hours to get to south carolina (cant remember if it was 12-14) ao day.

be4life182 can you get special pricing for ao members at that event? chances are no. can you have a give-a-way type deal there just for ao members? probably not. so just chill and like i said before let joey d work his magic.

and yes lie steal cheat bus fly and train are all options including whoring yourself to every driver you come accross to get yourself to ccpb.

BE4life182
08-08-2004, 04:52 PM
actually i could probably get frre feild enry, since i know the guy and he is an automag lover. also, im not asking for anyone to drive up to maine, just seeing if anyone from around here is going thats all.

Wc Keep
08-08-2004, 05:28 PM
be im telling you though you have from now til october to figure out a way to get to cape cod. believe me youll have a blast.

so far it looks like half of team blackcell is coming up with their mags to house people. if you miss this youll be kicking yourself til the next one.

also ill buy a jersey, have it lettered, and donate it after i play in it that day for a raffle. ill sign it of course. :D

BE4life182
08-08-2004, 06:21 PM
no can do, is there any mainers out there?????///

rkjunior303
08-09-2004, 08:09 AM
im sorry but i cannot allow such a sacriligous thing to occur to a soccer field.

ok, then let's hijack one of the baseball fields ;)

Wc Keep
08-09-2004, 09:05 AM
ok, then let's hijack one of the baseball fields ;)

i have no problem doing that as i hate baseball or *****ball as i call it.

BE4life182
08-09-2004, 03:36 PM
no one from maine. thats wierd. there must be someone. can i hear a woot woot :wow:

oldsoldier
08-09-2004, 07:07 PM
be im telling you though you have from now til october to figure out a way to get to cape cod. believe me youll have a blast.

so far it looks like half of team blackcell is coming up with their mags to house people. if you miss this youll be kicking yourself til the next one.

also ill buy a jersey, have it lettered, and donate it after i play in it that day for a raffle. ill sign it of course. :D
And I will autograph my coffee filters, per request of bofh!!

dandaman
08-09-2004, 07:18 PM
I've never been so lost in a topic before. CCPB or Camp??? Or is there another place that I don't know about?

jdev
08-09-2004, 07:22 PM
ok.

heres how its shaping up.

either cape cod again, or canobie. im waiting to hear back some info on canobie, and meet the field owner to talk with them about the event.

this is what it looks like right now for Cape:

$75 pre-reg NON-REFUNDABLE. no exceptions. With that pre-reg, you get 1 case of paint, all day air and field entrance fee. paint prices, after this, are tiered. from 1-19 people, we get no paint break. so, guess what, we have to get at least 20 people to pre-register for this event. so, heres the tier:

1-19 - no break on paint either $70/$65 case. not sure on that.
20-49 - $60/case
49 and up $55/case

$55 is the lowest the field owner would go. I am trying to work to reduce the pre-reg to $65, getting you the same as the $75 would, as the pricing tier that I wanted, fell through with the owners minimum on paint.

now. having said all this. we plan to have a HUGE outcome for this. meaning, I hate to say this, but, unless Camp clears out for at least 3 airball fields for us to steal, we cant go there. to have all of us roaming in woods fields all day, is just nuts. Cape has 4 air fields, 1 barrels field, 1 hyp field, 1 spools field and 2 large woods fields. this should be more than adequate for us. the fields are nice, the only thing I dont like, is the price, which again, I am trying to negotiate lower.

now, if anyone else has a field, that can compete with the setup that cape has, and can beat the prices, feel free to let me know, and I will try to contact the field owner and see about holding the event there. but, looks like its going back to cape this year.

-joe

rkjunior303
08-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Joey --

What about Fox4? They have 2 or 3 airball fields, right? Granted, every time I've been there it's been pretty busy.... But, they do have pretty good prices..

Worst case, would the owner be willing to do some sort of volume discount if the pre-reg's don't match up but we can tell him well we as a group are planning on purchasing X amount of cases for the event combined?

Just a thought.

Thordic
08-10-2004, 08:13 AM
I will be gracing NEAO with my presence again this time. You should all be very thankful.

$75 including paint doesn't sound too bad to me, I could live with it.

The most important question is whats going on afterwards.

rkjunior303
08-10-2004, 08:58 AM
I will be gracing NEAO with my presence again this time. You should all be very thankful.

$75 including paint doesn't sound too bad to me, I could live with it.

The most important question is whats going on afterwards.

margheritas and dancing girls? hehe.

The Frymarker
08-10-2004, 09:29 AM
margheritas and dancing girls? hehe.

Well I'm up for the margheritas....I don't know about the dancing girls :p

Wc Keep
08-10-2004, 12:04 PM
party at heathers house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Frymarker
08-10-2004, 12:13 PM
I would if my house wasn't in construction and looked like a grenade launcher went through itt

Thordic
08-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Dance, senorita, dance!

I'm sure a suitable apres-paintball location can be found :)

jdev
08-10-2004, 02:38 PM
well.

per the usual, there will be pre-game festivities at the ihop field (affectionately referred to by me and my team) before play. the field opens at 10, and closes at 4. we may be able to stay later, i'll have to talk to john about that.

afterwards, I would say a dinner at a nearby restraunt. there is also a nice bar with live music down the street, for those who would rather do that.

I say, dinner, then for those who want, hit the bar for some music. dinner will be determined closer to the date, as I need to check out the restraunts in the area. most of them, as we are on the cape, are seafood restraunts.

if anyone in the area has any ideas, let me know.

sharpshooter1286
08-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Hey im going to P&L paintball next Wed., if anyone else wants to/is going on that day.

Pballwizz
08-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Hay, I have a question here. This will probably be my first AO day and I was wondering if we all play games together as like, and AO group, or are we gunna play with the walk-ons too? Man, htis is gunna be fun, and luckily Ill have my new marker by then (Bushy :D ). Unfortunately I wont have an EGG for it which stinks...

hobbesTZ
08-12-2004, 09:58 PM
I haven't done one of these yet, but I think we should play seperate assuming we have enough people.

LudavicoSoldier
08-17-2004, 05:28 PM
to the mrfin top!!!!

lord1234
08-18-2004, 01:28 PM
rejoice folks..as i will not be going

virus
08-18-2004, 04:19 PM
rejoice folks..as i will not be going

:clap: :clap: :rofl: :dance: :cheers: :D :p :headbang:

sorry i couldnt help it =)

well when things get planed a little more i should be there

need to see what my funds will be like as to waeather i split a room
or stay at my moms camper or do the drive down, play, bum a shower
and drive (ride) home

Remington
08-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Hay, I have a question here. This will probably be my first AO day and I was wondering if we all play games together as like, and AO group, or are we gunna play with the walk-ons too? Man, htis is gunna be fun, and luckily Ill have my new marker by then (Bushy :D ). Unfortunately I wont have an EGG for it which stinks...

We generally do a throw-together 3-man tourney with just AOers, as well as a Top Gun, and then usually play either rec with the walk-ons or just some games for fun amongst ourselves; it's always a good time! :D

Pballwizz
08-18-2004, 09:59 PM
We generally do a throw-together 3-man tourney with just AOers, as well as a Top Gun, and then usually play either rec with the walk-ons or just some games for fun amongst ourselves; it's always a good time! :D

Sweet, a 3 man tourney. This is gunna be hella fun.

RogueFactoryKid
08-25-2004, 09:06 AM
So Cape Cod paintball Oct. 2nd? It cant be that bad of a drive, can anybody give me an adress so i can throw in on into mapquest? If its less than 4 hours i can probably get myself and at least 2 friends to make the drive. :clap:

LudavicoSoldier
08-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Here is the link to CCPB for all your directional needs: http://www.capecodpaintball.com/

jdev
08-26-2004, 01:33 PM
for those who dont know, or missed it:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149214