PDA

View Full Version : Angel speed 03, halo?

Automaget
08-02-2004, 08:56 PM
OK I just bought a very good working angel speed from a friend for 600$ sorry automag I couldnt resist :cry: , but anyway I've herd mixed ideas that with a sensi in the Angel speed that the halo pushes so hard that it breaks the sensi in it. so my question is that if i do put my halo on it will it break it or not?

NOTE: if you dont know what a sensi is please dont answear the question. thanks

WenULiVeUdiE
08-02-2004, 09:09 PM
I know that some speeds have problems with double feeding with halos, but never breaking the sensi.

FreakBaller12
08-02-2004, 09:34 PM
I haven't gotten my speed yet(new to angels/speeds too)
Anyway, from what I've learned, for a Halo b to wrok with a speed you need new detents, i forget the name, cross something, anyway. You can either turn the sensi off when you use the halo or shave down the sensi rod I think, although you should have a couple extra rods on hand.This way the rod wont push into the pad as hard or much to wear it out.

wenuliveudie, he is talking about the sensi pad wearing out, or something.

I believe all this is correct, maybe just a good angel tech who knows the correct answer can confirm or deny what I just said.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-02-2004, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=toyotaboy12]wenuliveudie, he is talking about the sensi pad wearing out, or something.[QUOTE]

I meant to say I've never heard of the sensi breaking, or for that matter, the pad wearing out. I'll ask a friend about the sensi, he should know.

Automaget
08-03-2004, 12:58 PM
FLY up to the top little thread

xXHavokXx
08-03-2004, 01:16 PM
I used a Halo B on my speed with great success you just really have to watch the condition of the detents. And no, it will not break your sensi.

magman007
08-03-2004, 04:04 PM
yuo should shave the sensi rod down, they are correct. shaving to down, leves less for the halo to push on. it is very easy to break the sensi, so watch out

MarkM
08-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Ok time to dispel a few myths
All Angels will work with Halo's...to be fair some well some badly but they all work to some degree.
Halo's do not break sensi rods
New detents are not needed

Now the reasons people post about the problems but fail to realise what they are actually doing... sensi rods: more often than not the sensi has not been calibrated correctly or has the correct setting and striaght shot squeegees are used which WILL break the sensi rod pad not the rod itself, barrel swabs will do the same damage but are less likely to do so.
The sensi rod sits on a piezo electric sensor pad and it is this pressure that cracks the pad due in the main to barrels being cleaned without care.
If Halo's had the kind of pressure to break the sensi pad then it would break balls in the feedtube on every autococker in the world...I am using the 'cocker as an example as it is a closed bolt marker so the balls have nowhere to go..think about it logically.
Detents are very often loose and often need the springs lengthening to give a slightly stronger push but no need to buy new ones.
Halo's prefer a low rise so if you try and use a Halo on a high rise well you are asking for trouble (including this info as although this thread is about a Speed it is relevant for all those who read this and then say "I saw written once" ;) )
The gated feed on a Speed can cause issues with the feed and even a Halo with it's super human pushing power :rolleyes: has problems with this (it is worse with a gravity fed loader such as a Revy or Egg) so remove the gate.
I own all three of the major loaders and by choice only use the Halo...I got an Egg with a Z board last year and it just sits in my bag as it is slower than the Halo and it still has gaps in the feed. The Halo has been used on both an LCD (single detent) and a Speed the only problems I had was initially my LCD had a high rise fitted (every 4th shot dropped) which I swapped for a gated feed and then after noticing an occasional skip removed the gate and that problem went away too. I have had zero issues with the Halo on a Speed.