PDA

View Full Version : need help - yet another gun decision thread

-Tab
08-02-2004, 09:33 PM
hmmmk.
the fight has [i]pretty much[/b] come down to an 03 shocker w/ vision or an LCD trix w/ eyes
i've always been interested in 03/04 shockers, but i have yet to shoot one. i've heard good things about both of them
i've actually shot the trix. i liked it, but maybe an 03/04 shocker would be more for me.

price does not matter. i can get both brand new for crazy cheap.

can i hear some good arguments on both of them??
opinions
likes/dislikes
or some suggestions on any other high end electros. just keep in mind, i'll have a really hard time spending more and 1k on a gun.

oh ya....i don't want to hear any of that 'you nazi for trying smart parts'
to be honest w/ you...i happen to like smart parts guns.....a lot

andrew 2589
08-02-2004, 10:07 PM
trix

i just really dont like the feel of shockers triggers and everything. while they both have the spool valve design i would definetly go for the trix.

-Tab
08-03-2004, 02:16 PM
thanks andrew

anyone else??

Bulldog
08-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Very different guns. You need to shoot both for yourself. All the trixes I've shot have shot, have shot very well and have been good shooting platforms, but heavy.(IMHO. I shoot an Alias) The shocker I shot was light and compact but didn't care for the magnetic trigger. It's all opinion and personal preferance. Go shoot 'em for yourself if you can.

Edited for gramar. :tard:

flyinasian016
08-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Id go with the trix, definitley the trix.

3 of my teamates have owned 03 shockers, and all 3 of them are broke or up for sale. The 03 shocker is a horrible gun. One of my teamates traded his for a Ebladed cocker, the day after the guy got the 03 shocker the maxflow reg blew up in his hand(not literally, but all the 0-rings broke simultaniously). Another one of my teamates shocker had o-rings blow in his maxflow reg constantly. Hed be able to take 50-100 shots before an o-ring broke causing a mad leak. And the last shocker is up for sale because the owner doesnt like it.

There are the facts, but my opinion is with the trix. The shocker as an awkward and sloppy trigger and are unreliable. The trix is probably faster, if it has tadao, and is much more efficient with air then the shocker. The trix is also much easier to maintain and fix then a shocker. Shockers dont have very many barrel options either.

My vote: trix

FragTek
08-03-2004, 05:18 PM
My choice is for the Trix. They are a solid proving platform that have been around the block. The shocker feels like a toy, I personally like guns that are a bit heavier because they feel solid (same reason I don't like Timmies).

Secondly, don't support Smart Parts, because they suck (damn Nazi's). Secondly, the Shockers are prone to breaking, leaking, all of the same problems that the Impy's are prone to having. If you buy SP, keep in mind that it will more than likely be in the shop more than in your hands.

flyinasian016
08-03-2004, 05:24 PM
oh ya....i don't want to hear any of that 'you nazi for trying smart parts'
to be honest w/ you...i happen to like smart parts guns.....a lot

Good one frag:p

punkncat
08-03-2004, 05:30 PM
I really like Matrix' other than the fact that they are tall and bulky. They shoot insane fast and can be set up to bounce off paint even w/o eyes. They also seem to be quite durable.

I like the Shocker also , but to be honest I feel like they are a complete copy of a Mag. Not that they look the same , but just the feel and balance of them. I hear tell that the early ones had a few problems , but I believe they are all worked out now. I have noticed at my local field that NOT ONE PERSON has kept one for longer than a few months. Every person I kow who has bought a Trix still has it or a better one......go figure.