PDA

View Full Version : emags still high end?

BlackWeenie
08-02-2004, 10:14 PM
are emags still considered a high end gun? or are they middle?

Skoad
08-02-2004, 10:20 PM
I would say middle.

I wasn't overly impressed with mine at all.

-Tab
08-02-2004, 10:24 PM
I would say middle.

that kinda depends on the ups as well.

i would without a doubt consider mine high end - just because it's completely upgraded.

ALL stock e-mags can be consider middle in some people's opinion
1 - they can be super heavy
2 - w/ the old software, not tooooo fast
3 - w/ stock body, rail, battery pack, etc...can be quite ugly

canemaster
08-02-2004, 10:25 PM
I would say stock, Middle.

Get all ule and 4.0 software, lower or middle section of High End.

:headbang:

Skoad
08-02-2004, 10:27 PM
what ups?

A)make it lighter
B)flash board

thats it. And I still wasn't impressed.

Pumping as much money as you can into it doesn't make a gun "high end." Emag still doesn't compare to many other guns, at least thats how I feel.

DiSoRdeR
08-02-2004, 10:32 PM
If your not happy with it I could take it off your hands ;)

Skoad
08-02-2004, 11:39 PM
it's been gone for a few months ;P

Vash02
08-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Wait, so since you dont like it, it cant be high end? The emags i've seen are every bit as fast as many other guns i've seen.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-02-2004, 11:51 PM
I would say stock, Middle.

Get all ule and 4.0 software, lower or middle section of High End.

:headbang:

4.0 isnt available to the average joe ;)

Id say middle if its stock, high if its totally upped.

felony
08-02-2004, 11:56 PM
here is my take on the emag.

There are sooooo many markers out there that are middle and there are many that are high end. Price aside, emag with all the ups is high end, but for that price you could prolly get a nicer trix, shocker, timmy etc etc.

At one point it was high end. It still is high end. But others are higher end for the same price.

It shoots fast. It doesnt break paint. It is easy to mantain. Emags and mags in general were one of a kind when they were the only ones to have these 3 qualities. Now alot of markers can do it!

dan

desslock
08-03-2004, 12:10 AM
how about the fact that its a mech an electro in one? High end, who cares, I got my main gun and if I lose power I have my back up with a flip of a switch, If the damn thing completly craps out I borrow a gun from one of my back men, between the 2 of em they have 8 guns.

Skoad
08-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Wait, so since you dont like it, it cant be high end? The emags i've seen are every bit as fast as many other guns i've seen.

no, it is not high end because there are soo many other markers that I think are better than it. "High end" means it is in the higher end of the marker spectrum.

And I could not fire my emag as fast as my dm4, not even close.

BlackWeenie
08-03-2004, 12:13 AM
my take on this was: theyre still faster than anyone can pull the trigger legitemately, they dont chop, and have easy maintenance. now, they can be made light and have an eye but thats getting expensive. i guess what im getting at is that i think i'd classify them as "lower upper class".

really the only advantage of the "true" high ends is the capabilities. ie. angels with a cap of 30+ bps. when you think of it, that is really all that is changing as of late with the markers. they just keep building on the max bps. this really doesnt matter since a cap of 16 would do for most players and no one can reach 30 anyways. so if you factor out (stock) weight, and cost there really is no performance differences between all the high ends and the emag. except maybe that a lot of those operate at low pressure (big whoop).

anyways, keep the opinions comin! i never see this smiley so i thought i'd throw er in here :spit_take

AcemanPB
08-03-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm with Skoad on the E-mags speed. Maybe it was just me but even with 3.2 I never could "get" the E-mag trigger. Maybe 12 bps at the most, and even then it wasn't very smooth. I can rip on my Angel or a DM4 much faster. Plus I didn't like the overall feel of the marker, I mean it is built well and solid but the fit and finish isn't really there when compared to something that rolls out of say WDP's factory.

Skoad
08-03-2004, 01:13 AM
well if you want to get picky about it, emags don't have the greatest efficiency... especially with level 10.

It was much nicer when they first came out. Just like all markers they start to fall further down the longer they are out, due to newer markers being produced.

I have plans on building a custom emag when I start getting some income, so I don't hate them. I just think they are past their prime.

aut911
08-03-2004, 01:24 AM
Ok, I dont own an emag. I own a classic with LX and let me tell you, even with all of the things i have done to my gun to get it to fire at 280 with the standard spring and not chop paint, it still has the gas efficiency problem. I agree with Skoad on this point. Heavyness and uglyness however, i do not. I have a 6 pound nitro tank, a warp, a x board revvie with a speed collar, mini body and two stainless barrels, AND I generally carry four to six pods in short woods games. The gun easily weighs 9 pounds but i like it cause it looks cool and is more consistently accurate than any other of my friends guns. And the mini body is just plain cool guys. I mean cmon.

aut

Jack & Coke
08-03-2004, 01:29 AM
The biggest disappointment I have with my EMAG (and other mags), is it's inability to effectively function with less than 900-1,000 psi left in the tank. :cry:

Other than that, I think it's a GREAT "middle-high end" gun.

On a scale of 1-10, i give the EMAG and 8.

Koosh
08-03-2004, 01:39 AM
I think an Emag would be awesome if it wasn't using 4 year old technology... If only there could be a 2k4 or 2k5 emag... What other "high end" gun out there still has this? I mean, take the guts of the first emag off the line, and the last xmag and whats different? An ACE board? New software?

Now take an Angel from 4 years ago, that the emag was designed to compete with, and see what changes have been made with that to today.

Jet-Xino
08-03-2004, 01:42 AM
I have to agree with Jack & Coke the only thing I can say that is a dissapointment with the E-mag (well I guess any mag with a Retro/X-Valve) is its inability to shoot consistantly at lower pressures. It all depends on how you have it setup mine starts to sputter at 500-600 PSI and I can shoot ok slowly after that but when your teamate and his Viking can shoot multiple hoppers off of your "Empty" tank it kinda sucks. If you have infinite air or all day air it really dosent matter as I much but would still be nice to get a few more shots.

Carbon Blue
08-03-2004, 02:58 AM
It can be a low end or middle end marker for all i care but as long as im taken out people with my minimag, everything is good! :)

Jack & Coke
08-03-2004, 10:03 AM
...If you have infinite air or all day air it really dosent matter as I much but would still be nice to get a few more shots...

That is, if you're getting a full 4500 fill... which is not always the case. ;)

Jet-Xino
08-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Too true,well I guess there is only one thing to do. Here I come HPA compressor. :shooting:

punkncat
08-03-2004, 05:42 PM
There are many shades of grey in this discussion.

What makes a high end gun? Speed? Looks? Weight? Eyes?

I mean we can definately say that a Spyder or Tippmann is low end and that a DM4 is high end.....but the middle of the road isn't so clear anymore. What happens when you take a decidedly middle of the road marker say like an Impy , and throw in a WAS board , some eyes , and reroute the air off the LPR. Sure its a frankenstien , but you just made it do all the things that constitute a high end marker. So then you take and put a good mill job on the Impy and there is no defining line. It may have once been middle of the road , but it certainly performs as well as a DM4 after the mods.

I think the Mag follows the same rules. It may not be the best thing around out of the box , but with a few mods and a little bit of customization it certainly becomes high end. I mean X mags are considered high end and are priced high end , but when you get down to the workings it is just an Emag right?

AGDlover
08-03-2004, 05:43 PM
all the ppl who are saying "oooo there ugly" well hey spyders aren't the prettyest markers out there and look how many there are. and its not about looks its about performance. i could replace all my screws with duct tape and it would still perform just as well as anyother.

Magglerock
08-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Whatmakes it high-end? ITs a gas hog, not that fast, kicks like a mule, and it doesn't break paint.

Well, for the same price (new) you could get a Vik

It is very efficient, very fast, almost no kick, and doesn't break paint.

Resale? I saw an Emag going for $360 on Ebay the other day. A used Vik will run you about $600.

So no, its not highend. Performance wise and resale value wise, its in the middle.

Bad_Dog
08-03-2004, 06:52 PM
is the Emag a high end marker?... yes.

If you must ask, you will never understand.

WARPED1
08-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Middle. Good markers, but there are faster/better guns out there.

-Tab
08-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Whatmakes it high-end? ITs a gas hog, not that fast, kicks like a mule, and it doesn't break paint.

have you shot an e-mag ;)
it may be a gas hog, but mine has verry little kick, it's crazy fast, uber light, and isn't it a good thing that it doesn't break paint??

FutureMagOwner
08-03-2004, 08:21 PM
far as im concerned its high end, on sunday i went and played and everyone was showing off for a video camera there with their angel 4's shockers and timmies and i shot faster than them with my emag (thats mostly my fingers though) and i popped it into manual and shot faster then all the guns even the ones set for a joke with ramping modes!

Creative Mayhem
08-03-2004, 08:31 PM
While most of you may say that the E/Xmag is a middleweight in the electro category, I think it's definately a great marker. Yes can be heavy,, to that I say lift weights wuss.:p Is it slow? Sure in comparison to some other guns with less than legal boards, that make a series of pulls seem like a full hopper's worth of trigger play. :argh: My xmag heck all x/emags have one thing that all others don't have, a true manual mode override. In fact, recently at IAO, my battery died for some reason, and I played the entire day in mech mode, no trigger bounce, but I was schooling the youngsters all day. I think my xmag, or more to the point, ANY marker, when put in a decent player's hands can do an excellent job at eliminating opponents. MY .02

ilikePB
08-03-2004, 09:28 PM
A used Vik will run you about $600.
And that's a 2k2 with Nelson board, a 2k3 with WAS is more like $700-$750, and a 2k4 with Pandora is more like $875-$900. Atleast from what I've seen on PBN. I got my full milled red Viking with WAS for $750 and i thought it was real good deal.

P.S. Vikings Rock! :headbang:

Wc Keep
08-03-2004, 09:39 PM
my emag with tank and hopper are pretty heavy. its fast enough for me with 1.67 software. its dead on balls to the wall accurate. and i was able to snapshoot suckas out with it this weekend that were rocking dm4's and angel 4's. so to me thats gotta count for something.

GT
08-03-2004, 10:04 PM
The biggest disappointment I have with my EMAG (and other mags), is it's inability to effectively function with less than 900-1,000 psi left in the tank. :cry:

Other than that, I think it's a GREAT "middle-high end" gun.

On a scale of 1-10, i give the EMAG and 8.

so true. High end emag = 4.0 emag, hybrid w/ bounce

P8ntBallBoom
08-03-2004, 10:59 PM
I'd say that the Emag was high end in its day. But now with all the barely legal guns out, it just cant keep up.

However, if you ULE, X, LX, Mill, and what not the entire thing....I believe the Emag is just as good as any high end marker out there. AND its on the good side of the legal line.

lawman1380
08-04-2004, 11:25 AM
I hope they are high end, I just spent $1200 for an xmag.