PDA

View Full Version : You ask for it: custom Warp brackets.

luke
08-03-2004, 12:25 AM
OK, a few of you guys wanted a bracket you could use with a drop of your choice, here they are.

The first two pictures are of the FORWARD mounting bracket. With this bracket it IS necessary to modify your hopper.

The second 2 pictures are of the REAR mounting bracket. No modifications are necessary for this setup. This is the way your Warp is supposed to be set up, but some of you don't know that yet!

More pictures in the dealer forum. (There is one of the rear mount that shows the Warps positioning while the gun is shouldered) :headbang: :dance: :bounce:

Creative Mayhem
08-03-2004, 10:13 AM
This is the way your Warp is supposed to be set up, but some of you don't know that yet!

Looking good. :cool: While your design is good for some it may not be for all. I for one need to have my warp setup differently on my xmag and my minimag, therefore a universal mount is in order. All users, and their respective marker setups(gun, tank, hopper) will be very different, afterall, how many different peices of equipment are there to add on to any gun at the current time? Tanks are different, hoppers are different, and guns are most certainly different. There... that's my .02

Again good work.

luke
08-03-2004, 11:10 AM
While your design is good for some it may not be for all. I for one need to have my warp setup differently on my xmag and my minimag, therefore a universal mount is in order.
Again good work.

How is your setups diffrent? Need to know before I can design anything>> ;)

Muzikman
08-03-2004, 11:16 AM
If you made a warp bracket like the Proteam one but with a QD for the tank and warp built in and no bulky that would kick some serious butt. Until then, the stock bracket works pretty good, and I really don't see an advantage this has over it.

luke
08-03-2004, 11:42 AM
If you made a warp bracket like the Proteam one but with a QD for the tank and warp built in and no bulky that would kick some serious butt. Until then, the stock bracket works pretty good, and I really don't see an advantage this has over it.

Hmm, looked at the Pro Team on and it looks like 3 plates that can side in every direction to cover many different guns and for $80, not sure I could compete with the price. A fully adjustable unit like your implying may be as many a 5 machined peace's. Not sure how nice looking it would be, no way I could do them for $80.. :(

No advantage was implied.... :)

I'll think about it though. :D

PS wouldn't you rather have a QD for the Warp, instead of the tank??

ScatterPlot
08-03-2004, 11:59 AM
This is a little off topic, but what's the big black blob in that pic where the feed neck should be? Just curious ;)

TeamNausea
08-03-2004, 12:05 PM
He said it was something prototype he was working on i think

luke
08-03-2004, 12:22 PM
It's a feed tube mod. I used it in two tournaments and practice with no problems. (jams)

I will be offering it as a mod in the near future.

hitech
08-03-2004, 03:20 PM
PS wouldn't you rather have a QD for the Warp, instead of the tank??

I'm looking for both. Right now I'm using two NW Quick Connects and a home made (read as halksaw and hand drill) flatline no-drop-drop. I'd like something a little more professional. However, if I can't remove the tank from the warp and the warp from the marker easily and without tools I'll stick to what I'm using. I would still prefer something else, hint, hint... ;)

:cheers:

luke
08-03-2004, 04:23 PM
NO TOOLS for real?? :rolleyes:

NW Quick Connects? Never heard of these.(?)

Post a some picts of how your doing it, maybe it will give me some ideas..

Do you like forward or rear mounted warps?

Halliday
08-03-2004, 04:31 PM
These things
http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/pics/quickdis1s.jpg

http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/pics/quickdis2s.jpg
rock

hitech
08-03-2004, 04:38 PM
NO TOOLS for real?? :rolleyes:

NW Quick Connects? Never heard of these.(?)

Post a some picts of how your doing it, maybe it will give me some ideas..

Do you like forward or rear mounted warps?

When I first got the warp I thought about rear mounting it like you have described. However, being in a hurry and wanting to play the next day I just mounted it in the normal manner. It seems fine to me, but I'd be up for trying something different, esp. if I had the option to mount it both ways. :D

Here it is, first all together and then taken apart. To take it apart all you do is loosen the wingnuts and pull the pins.

NW Quick Disconnect, look under adapters (http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/index.html)

luke
08-03-2004, 06:11 PM
hitech,

Is there any "woble" in your setup?

Who makes the QD pin set up? AGD?
(The basic idea I was working on is similar to this.)

Also, the problem that has come up with the Warp/Drop set up is some think it mounts too far away from the gun for a forward mount. Originally I came up with the setup as a rear mount design and it grew from there. The mounts in "this" thread was to satisfy people that like the front mount setups, in tight against the gun. I cut the rear mount because I think that's where the Warp should be mounted.

SO, if I made something like this could you choose either a front or rear setup. Or would the Warp mount have to satisfy both mounting positions?

hitech
08-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Is there any "woble" in your setup?

No, for two reasons. First is that the NWs have a wing nut in the back that tightens up the assy. Second is that even though the wing nut that holds the warp on is broken the warp 90* adapter is pressing hard into the revy and holds it all tight. However, the wing nut is enough to keep it tight.

Who makes the QD pin set up? AGD?

No, it is made by NW Paintball Products. They can be found at
http://www.nwpaintballproducts.com/index.html
under adapters.

SO, if I made something like this could you choose either a front or rear setup. Or would the Warp mount have to satisfy both mounting positions?

I think I would prefer the front/tight mount. With my HPA bottle as far back as it is the setup is already back heavy. However, that is not set in stone, just a preference. ;)

The problem with trying to make a front mount like yours is that it's not adjustable. It needs to allow enough room for whatever might be in the way (like my slide check and hose ;) ).

hitech
08-03-2004, 08:55 PM
You know what would be nice, but I'm probably the only one that thinks so? Is to have a quick disconnect warp bracket and built in "T" stock. The warp would definitely be mounted back, kind of filling the space the HPA bottle use to take. That would be slick, and I'd try using a remote again. :D

luke
08-04-2004, 08:37 AM
The T stock mount I could do easy enough, as I have one from the "old" days. I could probably build off of that.

I started (thinking) on a design for a full "break away setup for the tank and warp. I'm fairly sure I can do it. I'll think on it for a few days, perhaps I'll cut one this weekend.

As far as a fully adjustable Warp mount, I'm not sure how good something like this would look, I do have an idea I think will work though.

Let me look at my old T stock and see what I can with it, I'll work out the details and let you know...... :bounce:

hitech
08-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Great, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
:clap: :bounce: :dance: :headbang: :shooting:

luke
08-04-2004, 11:38 AM
BTW, in regard tho the T stock, where would you perfer the Warp to mount? I would think it would need to be off set, (left if you are right handed) out of the way goggles.

hitech
08-04-2004, 12:31 PM
BTW, in regard to the T stock, where would you prefer the Warp to mount? I would think it would need to be off set, (left if you are right handed) out of the way goggles.

I was thinking just slightly offset to the left, with say an inch spacer/mount between the stock and warp. However, it needs to be offset and low enough to not interfere with goggles and mask. It needs to be low enough so that when you are doing that right hand, push the marker up a little, 45 degree lean to the right around a bunker you can still see over it. I'm assuming that since you use a warp you know what I'm talking about. ;)

Thanks for considering this. :D

luke
08-04-2004, 01:02 PM
We're on the same page. :D

luke
08-04-2004, 08:22 PM
HT.

Here are some pictures with the T stock.

I filled my hopper, and I was a little surprised how well balanced and light it was. If I were still into running remote I would definitely run this set up. The Warp attachment looks low, but with it mounted off the bottom it completely removes the hopper from your line of sight. It can be mounted on top of the stock if you prefer, but this way is actually pretty slick!

The mount can be mounted in any "2" holes on the stock. The Warp mount is a forward mount like what’s posted above so you’re not stuck with a "one off" mount.

If your intrested in this, I'll cut the end (under the grip frame, up front) off the T stock if you want (NC). PM me if your interested...... :shooting:

ramennoodles
08-04-2004, 09:40 PM
wow, looking good.

luke
08-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Thanks. :)