PDA

View Full Version : flashpoint out of a scepter tip?

stondroopy
08-03-2004, 01:15 AM
hi all,ive seen a flashpoint for the freak barrel i was wondering if one can be made for a scepter barrel or even a tip dropping the overall length to 10 inches?thnx for any help

Wynken
08-03-2004, 01:22 AM
I think several people(including myself) have asked Doc to see if he would do one of these. He didn't sound too interested. I am interested in getting one, if anyone wants to go for it.

Doc Nickel
08-03-2004, 02:29 AM
I think several people(including myself) have asked Doc to see if he would do one of these. He didn't sound too interested. I am interested in getting one, if anyone wants to go for it.

-"Didn't sound too interested"? :D

I'm in the middle of having a large run of Flashpoints made, for six more two-piece barrels, including the Sceptre, the CP, the Pipe, the Kaner, the Empire and the Matchstik.

The only holdup has been cost- I have to pay for them out of my own pocket, and that's a huge chunk of change. But they're in the works, I expect them before too long, but no firm ETA yet.

Doc.

Blazestorm
08-03-2004, 02:32 AM
The Kaner?

:D!

This would work perfect on my sydarm with Doc Cocker Adapter + Kaner back + Flashpoint!

Yay :D

stondroopy
08-03-2004, 02:40 AM
hehe i could pay for mine in advance if that helps :D any idea when these will be salesable?thnx alot

Duck Hunt
08-03-2004, 06:41 AM
DOC!!! I need a Pipe Flash Point like a drunk needs a new kidney!! Tell me if I need to email you or what to keep in touch about when they're getting made!

Sean

NJPaint
08-03-2004, 08:13 AM
hi all,ive seen a flashpoint for the freak barrel i was wondering if one can be made for a scepter barrel or even a tip dropping the overall length to 10 inches?thnx for any help

If you don't want to wait for it, I have a 10" black Scepter Tip.

GT
08-03-2004, 01:28 PM
-"Didn't sound too interested"? :D

I'm in the middle of having a large run of Flashpoints made, for six more two-piece barrels, including the Sceptre, the CP, the Pipe, the Kaner, the Empire and the Matchstik.

The only holdup has been cost- I have to pay for them out of my own pocket, and that's a huge chunk of change. But they're in the works, I expect them before too long, but no firm ETA yet.

Doc.

Doc,
I thought a larg portion of barrels out there had the same tip threads?

Flow_Tech
08-03-2004, 01:50 PM
heh,my scepter tip fits on my ultralite back :ninja:

stondroopy
08-03-2004, 01:59 PM
sent ya a pm njpaint

Doc Nickel
08-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Doc,
I thought a larg portion of barrels out there had the same tip threads?

-Not hardly. I don't know about the Sceptre/Ultralite, but the Freak, for example, as a 32-tpi double-lead thread. The Kaner has a far coarser ACME style thread (blocky thread form, not pointed) at about 10 tpi. The Pipe has external threads, not internal, as does the MatchStik. The CP has metric threads, and so on.

Also, keep in mind that just bcause some threads might fit, doesn't mean the tips are interchangeable- the Sceptre tip holds the insert in, and has a recess for the locking ring.

Flashpoints will be specialized to fit each barrel properly.

Doc.

stondroopy
08-03-2004, 05:09 PM
argh must have one! :D

Carbon
08-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Doc, any chance one of these days, you will make a 2 price barrel kit with a full 10" back? and 2", 4" or 16" fronts?