PDA

View Full Version : UFO/Aliens...?

paintballrulzs
08-03-2004, 09:23 AM
I was bored last night and there was nothing on television so i was watching the history channel. There was an hour long broadcast on Roswell. I never have been a strong believer in the existence of UFO's and aliens, but realize how many people really do. I believe that it is possible they exist I just don't believe any of these encounters are true. What do you guys think on the subject.

MasonFootball89
08-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Well I mean I dont really think about it just because their are so many places that we have not explored just cause we dont have the technology so I feel like their could easily even be another planet alot like ours.
People who say that aliens are fake and that it could never happen are stupid because you have to think about if people are alive here how come they wouldnt be alive in some other universe

Head knight of Ni
08-03-2004, 10:18 AM
100,000,000,000 stars x 100,000,000,000 theres got to be something there. :ninja: lets just hope they're friendly. :argh:

Deep Sixx
08-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Our galaxy alone contains billions of stars similar to our own. The universe contains billions of other galaxies similar to ours. The universe is so indescribably immense that it is mathmatically impossible for us to be alone. However, the distances are so huge, that all but the closest star systems are forever out of reach.

As for alien visitation, I don't know. There's no definite proof they've been here, but there's no proof they HAVEN'T been here either.

sixx

Chris42050
08-03-2004, 12:35 PM
I totally agree with you guys. Way too many planets out there not to support life somewhere. What I wonder is out of the millions of different life forms on earth, only one is smart enough to actually leave the planet. I am sure there is life out there, but I think intelligence is rare so I think the chances of another intelligent life form finding our little planet and visiting us now is unlikely but not impossible.

Ironmag
08-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Like Jodie Foster's character from Contact says, "If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space." I do believe that we are not alone and some of the video evidence that I've seen showing UFO's seems pretty convincing but who knows.

dave_p
08-03-2004, 01:27 PM
they have never been here.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-03-2004, 02:38 PM
My science teahcer talked about aliens during class one day. His arguement was that even traveling at light-speed, it would take over a million years to get to our system from theirs. He said, nothing can survive that long. Well what if they can and we just live for a tiny amount of time compared to them. There are other life forms out there. Weather or not the UFO's have visited us, I'm not sure.

Anyone have the footage of the moving object filmed from a space shuttle?

Deep Sixx
08-03-2004, 02:59 PM

There's thousands of pieces of junk up there floating around in near-earth orbit. Seeing something moving around the Shuttle isn't a big deal. The shuttle often must move out of the way to avoid being hit but some random hunk of crap. Heck, go outside on a clear night in a dark area with binoculars. Look up, you'll see lots of stuff tumbling around. The stuff you can see is mostly expired/failed satellites and spent rocket stages.

sixx

paintballrulzs
08-03-2004, 03:36 PM
I totally agree with you guys. Way too many planets out there not to support life somewhere. What I wonder is out of the millions of different life forms on earth, only one is smart enough to actually leave the planet. I am sure there is life out there, but I think intelligence is rare so I think the chances of another intelligent life form finding our little planet and visiting us now is unlikely but not impossible.

I see what you are saying, but what if we are not as intelligent of a species as we believe. For all you know there could be life forms else where, but we are looked upon as worthless. I am not a firm believer in aliens or UFO's, but i dont think that is impossible. I think that all the "evidence" out there shows nothing at all. There are so many explanations/hoaxes out there you cant tell what to believe and what not.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Hmm didnt think about that. But I think people thought it was one b/c it would move rapidly then stop, then start moving. Didnt seem like it was just some floating peice of debris.

Digits
08-03-2004, 03:47 PM
My science teahcer talked about aliens during class one day. His arguement was that even traveling at light-speed, it would take over a million years to get to our system from theirs. He said, nothing can survive that long. Well what if they can and we just live for a tiny amount of time compared to them. There are other life forms out there. Weather or not the UFO's have visited us, I'm not sure.

pfft how would he know if something could live that long? We live alot longer than other organisms, so why couldn't other things live longer then us..

Warewolf50
08-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Well there is no doubt in my mind that there are other forms of life out there. And i dont know about if we have been visited yet, i doubt it, but maybe aliens have come to our planet. but there is sooo much that we dont know yet about space and traveling in it i mean maybe other life forms out there have learned how to use certain aspects of space to travel at larger distinces then the speed of light would allow. IDK like using worm holes or something like that. I really know notign about space but anyhing is really possible here.

logamus
08-03-2004, 04:54 PM
yes i think there is other life out there

yes i think there is some intelligent life out there

no i do not think they have made it here

VC8228
08-03-2004, 05:35 PM
yes i think there is other life out there

yes i think there is some intelligent life out there

no i do not think they have made it here

Exactly my thoughts on the subject.

wombo102
08-03-2004, 08:07 PM
they are real. i have seen plenty of ufo s, seriously i have.

hAppy
08-03-2004, 08:13 PM
I don't believe the encounters are real, I don't want to believe. But how can someone say aliens can't exist. This universe is WAY too big, it's just that we might never get a chance to meet them, they're probably ugly anyways.

Ultimator
08-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Out of all these replies, one question has failed to be asked.

Does it really matter?

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
08-03-2004, 08:20 PM
if we are living proof that there is life, why can't life exist somewhere else

oh and our dinosaurs were really large chickens

bleachit
08-03-2004, 09:03 PM
they are real. i have seen plenty of ufo s, seriously i have.

so have I.. I couldn't tell if it was a beechcraft or a piper.

ryanshep
08-03-2004, 11:14 PM
im sure theres something out there but again with the same chance of how many planets out there...why would another organism choose to stop by earth?

Chojin Man
08-03-2004, 11:48 PM
intelligent life in space? No way there is not even intelligent life here on earth!

lol j/k space is so big there has to be something out there.

breg
08-04-2004, 04:25 AM
There has to be something out there.
Just when they get here, let them land... they might be here to pick me up...