PDA

View Full Version : Updated Event Info Page - Lots of new info!

deathstalker
08-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey guys, the Event Info page has been updated with a lot more info. Make sure you take a look to help you plan your weekend. From what I understand, camping is first-come, first-served basis, so it doesn't look like pre-registering guaranteed you a spot. Looks like I'll be heading down on Friday to get a good location.

https://www.celebritypaintball.com/eventinfo.html

So does the "no alcohol prior to the event" include at night once play has ended? I'm not looking to get belligerently drunk, but a couple Captain & Cokes will help me sleep. ;)

Igotu
08-04-2004, 05:29 PM
:eek: vintage car show WOOT

Tina
08-06-2004, 10:20 AM
Anyone know what the shirts will look like?

FlashTX
08-06-2004, 10:41 AM
So does the "no alcohol prior to the event" include at night once play has ended? I'm not looking to get belligerently drunk, but a couple Captain & Cokes will help me sleep. ;)

My guess at the answer to this question would be...yes, you can have a drink (or two, etc) AFTER the event is over. It's quite likely that "prior to the event" would also mean "prior to play"...as in, if yer gonna play in the open games on Saturday, don't drink until AFTER you're done. Per the GRSP (General Rules of Scenario Play) that this event will be following, there is a generalized 8-hour "bottle-to-throttle" rule, which basically means that all players/staff/etc must leave a minimum 8-hour time period between when they have their last drink and when they're gonna hit the field. Makes sense?

Just as an note for everyone playing...please be sure to drink LOTS of liquids during the event and in the days leading up to it. Many players, especially those new to scenario games, will not realize that they are getting dehydrated during play...what with all the adrenaline and excitement and such. Please take care of yourselves and the players around you! I'm sure a large number of experienced players will carry hydration systems (camelbacks, etc) on field with them, but it's never a bad idea to grab a bottle of water to drink whenever you leave the field...better safe than sorry!!! :spit_take

Igotu
08-06-2004, 10:49 AM
http://www.neongene.com/final-tshirt-design3.jpg
I believe this one won.

chettacheez
08-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Can we use paint grenades?

FlashTX
08-06-2004, 03:58 PM
To the best of my knowledge...yes, we'll be able to use Atomic Ordinance paint grenades. They should be at the event for sale. :clap:

deathstalker
08-06-2004, 04:42 PM
CPX only allows certain types of grenades, which is probably why FlashTX specifically mentioned the Atomic Ordnance brand. CPX is very concerned with staining paint, so don't bring just any old brand. :)

trevorjk
08-07-2004, 11:31 PM
ok let me get this straight... the $75 i paid for registration gets me into and able to play both on saturday and sunday with free air upto 3k psi? why not 4500, and does it cost anything for a 4500psi fill?

and i cant find this anywhere... but do they take credit cards? i really dont want to lug around to much money.

FlashTX
08-08-2004, 09:44 AM
To the best of my knowledge the registration fee includes open play on CPX's fields on Saturday along with the Mobster Mash on Sunday. Saturday's play will be field paint only (BE/JT brands sold at CPX)...I *THINK* that the reg. fee also covers 3000psi fills all weekend, but there will be an extra fee for 4500psi fills because CPX's facilities are only capable of 3k fills.

I believe that CPX does take credit cards but I'm not sure if that'll be applicable for this event as several of the vendors (paint/air/whatever else) won't be handled by CPX itself. Hopefully Tom or MXS will be able to fully answer this question. :cool:

trevorjk
08-08-2004, 12:13 PM
To the best of my knowledge the registration fee includes open play on CPX's fields on Saturday along with the Mobster Mash on Sunday. Saturday's play will be field paint only (BE/JT brands sold at CPX)...I *THINK* that the reg. fee also covers 3000psi fills all weekend, but there will be an extra fee for 4500psi fills because CPX's facilities are only capable of 3k fills.

I believe that CPX does take credit cards but I'm not sure if that'll be applicable for this event as several of the vendors (paint/air/whatever else) won't be handled by CPX itself. Hopefully Tom or MXS will be able to fully answer this question. :cool:

hmm if i dont get an answer tonight ill call agd tomorrow to make sure ;)