PDA

View Full Version : Emag Problem?

Oregon_pb_
10-21-2001, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure if this is a common problem or only specific to the version i have 1.31 . The gun will shoot fine for quiet awhile then it will start to shoot twice per trigger pull. I know the trigger is light and some may think i'm actually pulling the trigger twice, but trust me, i'm not. It doesn't happen in the M position, only the other two. Last weekend out of 5 hrs of play it only did it one game, when it does this it automatically chopped paint. Also the SPS was at 16 when it happened, afterwards i turned that down to 8.

Another thing is the TS counter is resetting alot. Isn't that suppose to count the shots on the gun forever unless reset by a AGD tech? I haven't seen the counter over a thousand so does it even go that high?

Thanks! These questions may sound stupid but i only got my emag a week and a half ago off of ebay. Its # 349.

Chef123161
10-21-2001, 02:14 PM
The TS counter is not supposed to reset, but it unfortunately does. Mine was at 17000 and I left my gun on overnight to drain the battery for a full recharge and the counter reset. Don't know why, but it did. Something may be wrong with your solenoid since you said it does not double fire in mechanical. This is only a guess but you could always send it in to AGD and have them look at it and upgrade your firmware to AGD 1.37. Hope this helps.

udtseal
10-21-2001, 04:37 PM
I think i have the fastest trigger pull of all, my TS counter says I have shot 553694 shots! and the gun is only 2 weeks old! I've only played two games with it. Thats some FANCY shootin huh?? btw, i have firmware 1.37, i thought that was supposed to be fixed :(

Tunaman
10-21-2001, 05:38 PM
You better knock it off! Shootin alot of paint heh? Wait till Saturday...I've got 10 cases coming...

Maxd Out
10-21-2001, 07:38 PM
The exact same thing is happening to my e mag. I also have v1.31. It seems that when the game timer gets down to the last few minutes, it will start shooting two shots per pull. AGD, Rob, any ideas besides getting the version updated?

CFD323
10-21-2001, 09:42 PM
The new version (1.37) fixes the resetting TS counter issue. But if you get the software version updated the shot counter can still reset. I know since I played in the rain with mine last weekend and some moisture got into the electronics somehow and the TS counter reset to 0. In fact everything reset to factory defaults so I wouldn't count on a TS counter that keeps track of all shots since the gun was made. Once the gun dried out, everything worked fine.

a_malfunction
10-21-2001, 09:47 PM
Check the position of the magnet in the trigger. You might have the trigger adjusted too short.

AGD
10-21-2001, 10:09 PM
1.31 has problems when the timer displays, send in asap for an update. The latest update also stores three copies of the shot counter but sometimes all three get screwed up and it resets.

Don't wait just send it in.

AGD

Oregon_pb_
10-22-2001, 12:43 AM
Thanks everyone for the help and quick replys!