PDA

View Full Version : 04 Bko Anyone Have 1

rpm07
08-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Just been thinking of a gun to mess around with and was wondering if anyone has 1. Let me know how you like it and how well it performs for ya> For the price it does not look bad
Thanks Mike

OysterBoy
08-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Probably not the same, but my buddy just bought a new Shocktech Bushy, and it is hawt. All around good gun :headbang:

punkncat
08-04-2004, 04:10 PM
The only thing Bushys and BKO's share are the same manufacturer. BKO's are junk. A cheap entry level electro marker to compete with Spyder for the market. Use the money to get a decent used electro to "fool around with".

rpm07
08-04-2004, 04:16 PM
I already have a ULE EMag so this is just a extra toy to play with

Chronobreak
08-04-2004, 04:31 PM
i dont see a entry level marker like bko even being fun to "mess " with ex after already owning a mag that can prob shoot faster :p ide save for atleast one of the bushmaster series their a tad batter and has a better upgrade tree in my opinion

ojhspyro89
08-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Ive been looking for somethin like this too but id ont no which bushy i want.

its either bushy or get a Impy. I know its smart parts but they can be made pretty decent markers.

govnamac
08-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Viking. The used ones are going for a decent price, depending on what they have.

kungfuhampster11
08-04-2004, 05:02 PM
BKO's are junk.

have u owned a bko? i have an 04 one and its awsome, i havent had 1 problem with it, so i dont know were yuore gettin that theyre garbage

Athius
08-04-2004, 05:02 PM
The BKO is a great marker and the 04 one has been re-designed. It can take all the Bushmaster upgrades. ICD will come out with a kit to make a BKO into a B2K

trains are bad
08-04-2004, 06:49 PM
my teammate has one, I can't even believe how good it is for the money. It's awesome.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-04-2004, 07:34 PM
The only thing Bushys and BKO's share are the same manufacturer. BKO's are junk.

The only difference between a Bushy and B2k are milling, and the solenoid/ram assembly. A BKO uses a 3-way solenoid and a sping driven ram, while a B2k uses a 4-way and an air driven ram. so, your point is basically untrue.

Automaggin2
08-04-2004, 10:14 PM
I dont personally own one, but my friend has sold numerous BKOs, we tested a few out before he shipped them. There pretty fast

trevorjk
08-04-2004, 10:39 PM
i can tell you now that the BKO's reg is crap... at least once you hit above 13bps. then again the gun is limited becuase it still uses a spring for the ram (???) ***A BKO uses a 3-way solenoid and a sping driven ram - whenuliveyoudie

and i must say i loved the trigger on that thing and i can honestly say i liked it WAY better then any intimidator or other high end gun to date but thats just me(although i havent shot an angel or viking)

MicroMiniMe
08-04-2004, 10:47 PM
[Begins 'Summon gtrsi' incantation]
/nerd

WenULiVeUdiE
08-04-2004, 11:14 PM
[QUOTE=trevorjk]i can tell you now that the BKO's reg is crap... at least once you hit above 13bps. then again the gun is limited becuase it still uses a spring for the ram (???) ***A BKO uses a 3-way solenoid and a sping driven ram - whenuliveyoudie QUOTE]

What year was the BKO? That's just about everyone's complaint about ICD guns. Their regs are just not very good. If it was a 2003 or a 2004 Xtreme( milled version) then it's understandable. The 2004 regs on the Xtreme versions dont have as high of a flow as ICd's other reg and is not as consistant. They skimpted on the reg and slapped on some milling and wrap around grips.

I was wrong when I said srping driven ram, it should say spring returned ram.

No sKiLLz
08-05-2004, 05:50 AM
Why compare it to top end electros? It's only $319. And I can't think of a damn thing better for that price.

dwab3000
08-05-2004, 08:23 AM
What year was the BKO? That's just about everyone's complaint about ICD guns. Their regs are just not very good. If it was a 2003 or a 2004 Xtreme( milled version) then it's understandable. The 2004 regs on the Xtreme versions dont have as high of a flow as ICd's other reg and is not as consistant. They skimpted on the reg and slapped on some milling and wrap around grips.

wel the 2k3 and early 2k4 unmilled had reg probs but the new ones ARE higher flowing,

what i see here with people dissing the bko, is if they owned one, they did not treat it correctlly(either over pressured it...or messed with it in ways it didnt need to be messed with), or they have never owned one..

they are a great marker

i haven gotten mine shooting 182 -+2 fps..

and if you can pick one up, i suggest it..

ive got enough on my bko, and if you get it running at 100 percent (everything doing there part in the best way possible) the mehcanical limit is 20 bps (which is good for a bko, damn good, but most you will gte will be limited 18 or so)

as for a mess around marker, its so easy to upgrade, i recommend checking out icd onwers group #1 (http://www.icd-owners.com) for the people there, they will help

and icd onwers group #2 (http://www.icdownersgroup.com) for there tips and such..

hopefully, you get a good bko, icd is a wonderful company...

and if need any info on a 2k4 bko pm me (upgrades, things about it stock, stuff like that)

rkjunior303
08-05-2004, 09:46 AM
RPM -- I may be bias but check out an Omen. Fast, cheap, and reliable.. Best customer service in the industry.. With their new updates coming this fall, they've been outshooting Halos... You can get a nice Omen with a PDP chip installed for around $400 used. 25bps, bounce/bps adjustment, great reg, cocker threaded.

I love mine.

BE4life182
08-05-2004, 09:52 AM
the 04 bko's are much improvment to the old ones. dont let people say the suck just cause the old ones where not reliable, and had the lp problem. these are much better. there is only on flaw, which is blowback. a new bolt can fix that. im getting one of these soon and cant wait. geat gun.

Goldie D Pimp
08-05-2004, 09:53 AM
For the price there's not a better gun out there.

BKO's kick the crap out of any of the sear tripper electro's and mechanicals out there in the same price range.

Sure they're not as nice as the upper level electro's but they're not supposed to be.

They're supposed to fill the gap between spyders and upper end guns.

Not to mention they take bushmaster upgrades, so theyr'e very upgradable.

dwab3000
08-05-2004, 10:09 AM
listen to goldie...goldie doessome good work...and he knows his stuff

ojhspyro89
08-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Do the 03s have many problems im looking at one right now and not sure if i should get or not.

Whats the cap on the 03 bko????

Can u please list some cons about it and some cons please?!

OldSchoolVM68
08-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Ive had my 03 BKO for about 7 months now. Playing everyweekend i have only had one problem, the reg didnt work. but it was ALL MY FAULT, I put it back together the rong way. the other problem i have is chopping with cheap paint, but i outshoot my xboard revy. So if you dont take it appart, and have a good hopper, its an AWESOME gun and i love mine.

TDonovan
08-05-2004, 04:12 PM
I've actually been hearing good things about the BKO's...

If I had to get a BKO I'd put a HALO/Reloader B on it (just to help chops), a blind bolt (another anti-chop measure), and a new regulator (AKA 2 Liter or Sidwinder).

But I'll probably be going with the BKO/B2k4's older brother... the 04 freestyle!

GT
08-05-2004, 05:23 PM
[Begins 'Summon gtrsi' incantation]
/nerd

lol, have I been posting to much here this summer?

Back on topic:
There fun guns to screw with, although they really dont need much to run like any fast electro. However, what they do need is critical to thier operation, namely a halo. I bought one to mess with, I had my fun, now I want another classic mag.. :headbang:

OldSchoolVM68
08-05-2004, 05:47 PM
lol, have I been posting to much here this summer?

Back on topic:
There fun guns to screw with, although they really dont need much to run like any fast electro. However, what they do need is critical to thier operation, namely a halo. I bought one to mess with, I had my fun, now I want another classic mag.. :headbang:

You wana trade ur BKO for a mag? I might do that.

trevorjk
08-05-2004, 06:07 PM
wel the 2k3 and early 2k4 unmilled had reg probs but the new ones ARE higher flowing,

what i see here with people dissing the bko, is if they owned one, they did not treat it correctlly(either over pressured it...or messed with it in ways it didnt need to be messed with), or they have never owned one..

i never said it was a bad gun... infact i loved it! im picking up a bushmaster with pds though cuase at the price i can get them at its well worth the extra money...

im just saying that the reg isnt the best... even on the 04 bko. i mean its not horrible but over a chronograph it is about 260 260 then it slowly falls and steadys at 245-250ish... and we had this thing set up to factory settings. but hey like i said its not horrible and not really noticeable unless your already shooting at low FPS's but for the money and for twice the money its way worth it

... but then again maybe factory settings are not the greatest settings??? (i mean imput reg pressure and what not)

and as a side note. you can not turn the gun above 285 fps(please correct me on the number) but as a built in safety feature the front reg will bleed air if you try to turn the pressure to high and yes i do think the limit on the gun is somewhere between 285-300fps but like i said i could be wrong on the number

GT
08-05-2004, 09:13 PM
You wana trade ur BKO for a mag? I might do that.

send me a pm