PDA

View Full Version : Airbrushing

SPECIAL_K_06
08-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Is it possible to airbush something onto an impulse body?

Skoad
08-04-2004, 04:56 PM
yes.

SPECIAL_K_06
08-04-2004, 05:18 PM
will it look like an ano job? and how long does it last?

Snertz
08-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Unless its a tranparent paint, it most likely will not look like anno. As for durability, it all depends on paint type, and coats put on.

Irelandunfree
08-04-2004, 06:31 PM
I remember seeing a gun, not sure what make, a while ago that had an airbrushed graveyard and full moon on it. It might have been a promo gun for Diablo Midnight paintballs? Ill try to find it for you, it looked crazy.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-04-2004, 06:59 PM
The body that you are refering to was done by fireball mountain. It was a limited edition (i think) graveyard annoed body for cockers. It did look really cool and i wish i woulda bought it when i had the chance.

frischtr
08-04-2004, 07:12 PM
The body that you are refering to was done by fireball mountain. It was a limited edition body (i think) for cockers. It did look really cool and i wish i woulda bought it when i had the chance.

Yes, the body is a Fireball Mountain design... I believe that it is a laser engraving, not an anno or airbrush job... Still available, by the way...

http://fbmfactory.com/fbmf/images/ckr_graveyard.gif

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Thats the one, although the red one doesnt look as good as the one i saw. It was like dark blue and looked more like a nightime graveyard picture. Thats cool, i didnt think they were still available. The last time i checked out the site i dont think they were on there. O well, its still a sweet lookin body.

frischtr
08-04-2004, 07:24 PM
The red was the only color shown on the site, but any color scheme is possible...

I just got that pic off their site, so I know they are still available...

WenULiVeUdiE
08-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Yes, the body is a Fireball Mountain design... I believe that it is a laser engraving, not an anno or airbrush job... Still available, by the way...

http://fbmfactory.com/fbmf/images/ckr_graveyard.gif

I dont think it's laser engraved. They've had those bodies out for a long time, longer than they've offered laser engraving. Either some one else did it, or it's just a good anno job.

For the record, FBM is terrible at site updates.

Irelandunfree
08-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Yup you found it, but the one I saw was black and blue. It does look sick!

Irelandunfree
08-04-2004, 08:21 PM
http://www.fireballmountain.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/bodychartG.jpg

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Yea, the one i saw was black and blue.

Gabriel
08-04-2004, 09:30 PM
what if you did a clear powdercoat over the airbrushed paint? is that possible?

Gabe

frischtr
08-04-2004, 10:11 PM
They said that the black and blue one was airbrushed, but discontinued due to paint chipping and such (sounds like not enough clear-coat to me)... Since that time they have been doing the lazer engraving... The two pictured so far are both lazered...

mobius
08-04-2004, 11:13 PM
what if you did a clear powdercoat over the airbrushed paint? is that possible?

Gabe

You could clear powdercoat it. That would probably be the best bet to protect the airbrushing. Paint doesn't stick well to aircraft grade aluminum without proper preparation.

The Frymarker
08-05-2004, 06:47 AM
Those bodies were airbrushed, I remember because that body came out the same time I airbrushed Dan's Autococker.

Airbrushing really isn't meant for paintball. You can airbrush cars and motocycles mainly because they aren't being thrown around and ending up in situations where they can be damaged.

You would need to have a great adheasion primer, that etches into the metal and even then, it will sometimes chip. If you use enamels and bake them it will give you a better adheasion as well.

All of this take time and money, especially for a enamel oven or bake room. A clear coat isn't a guarantee that it will stop chips.

I only paint on markers that I know will never be used again, I use them as a canvas.

It is best just to get an anno job, some anodizers can anno just about anything.

http://www.grip-me.com/gripmepics/frymarkdesignsportfolio/dandesmedtcocker20012.jpg

I painted this autococker and even when you airbrush you have to remember that paint will leave a surface that is a little thicker that what is intended. I painted the barrel as well and when they put it on it chipped because the paint was too thick near the cradle.