PDA

View Full Version : Best place to grab a comp?

Lurker27
08-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Normally I'd build one, but time is runnign out before college and its gotten to be hardly any advantage anymroe...The only real drawback is that Dell, etc systems are air cooled.

That said, where to order my college comp. Dell is the obvious choice.

xmetal2001
08-04-2004, 09:44 PM
I'd reccomend a Dell if you just want your standard prebuilt computer.

If you have money to burn you can go for the gaming companies (alienware, falcon NW, etc.)

Or find time to build one, its fun :)

Although for college i'd say laptop, and I'd have to reccomend IBM!

Miscue
08-05-2004, 02:40 AM
Normally I'd build one, but time is runnign out before college and its gotten to be hardly any advantage anymroe...The only real drawback is that Dell, etc systems are air cooled.

That said, where to order my college comp. Dell is the obvious choice.

Personally, I find there to be no other option than building it yourself - and I'm not being elitist about it. Unless, you can get a smokin' deal on a name brand.

t33kyboy
08-05-2004, 03:28 AM
http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/

Great comps, great price. $100 shipping is what kills it.
It has some nice computers, but the best option is always to build your own.

Skoad
08-05-2004, 03:51 AM
its wierd, if you buy a computer from lets say Dell then you build that exact computer on your own - the one you built will be noticibly faster/better.

I guess Dell gets the cheapest crap they can find.

1stdeadeye
08-05-2004, 05:48 AM
Go to a local computer show. Buy the components and build it yourself!

Thordic
08-05-2004, 08:24 AM
I don't get why people like Dell so much.

HP is way better as far as name-brand computers go.

But yeah, I reccomend Cyberpower. Maybe their shipping went up, I paid like $60 for shipping and it was still way cheaper than buying from a store. Been running like a champ for months now.

Lurker27
08-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Miscue: I know, I know, but I would've had to have gotten on it in July, rather than mid-August.

Frankly, if it'll run HL2, Doom3 engine games, and dawn of war I'll be happy. That means Radeon 9800.

thecavemankevin
08-06-2004, 01:59 PM
I don't get why people like Dell so much.

HP is way better as far as name-brand computers go.

B.S.!!!!!

I know dell's are not the best PC in the world, but deffinatly better and cheaper than HP

fire1811
08-06-2004, 02:01 PM
B.S.!!!!!

I know dell's are not the best PC in the world, but deffinatly better and cheaper than HP

i agree with caveman

i have worked on way more hp's

and they all seem dead slow

Warewolf50
08-06-2004, 02:59 PM
How long do u have till u leave for school, casue building your own comp dosent take that much time from what i have heard, just working all the kinks out is what takes the time, which u can do at school. But ive never built one, i jsut have xmetal do it. Thats how he gets his jollys.