PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts Between Ole' RTP and New Tunamag

MaChu
08-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Well, Ive been playing again finally and I must say it feels wonderful, even with the welts. They are like everlasting nicotine patches with relieving stinging to remind me of a great time. Ive been without paintball for a long time, but then I noticed some things between my old mag and my new spiffy Tunamag. Is it just me or does the old stainless RTP valves shoot faster than the new X valves? I mean I could absolutely rip on my RTP with no mods and just a bit of reactivity and a Dye frame, almost to the point of a unramping Timmy(constant 13-15 bps from sound recordings). But with my new Xvalve'd mag its seems all I can hit sounds at best a 10bps. Yes I know its 2 bps less and to most of you thats nothing, but it just seemed odd to me. Maybe its Im not used to the Intelliframe, maybe its because I haven't had a lot of trigger time in a year.

So is there anyway to, make the X'd mag shoot faster now? Because DW isn't till next year it seems :(

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-04-2004, 08:33 PM
The xvalve has a tad bit less reactivity than the RT valves did but that shouldnt effect bps that much. I would say the only thing to do is buy a ULT. I have one and am now successfully able to walk it (at times and it took practice) at 13-14 bps. Other than that theres really nothin to do except wait for the hAir trigger which wont be out for about another 6 months.

Tunaman
08-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Yes...ULT! I dont think they were even out when you got your mag from me. Ult and plenty o' shims... ;) Also, Mags will shoot better and better as they :D get broken it. Shoot the heck out of it!

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-04-2004, 08:44 PM
YAY! I was right! :clap: lol