PDA

View Full Version : will the hAir trigger depreciate emag value?

BlackWeenie
08-05-2004, 01:26 AM
with the hAir trigger coming out, do you think used emags will sell for less money? with similar performance and it being mechanical, cheaper overall and the fact that its "the new thing" do you think it will depreciate the emag monitarily? what do you all think?

Skoad
08-05-2004, 01:29 AM
It won't be a whole lot cheaper.

I expect giant rush when the flood gates open, causing it to be backordered similar to xmags. Maybe emags won't depreciate until they get all caught up in orders.

If you ask me emags have taken quite a hit as far as value goes quite enough already. I mean they are going for 400-500 dollars.....thats much less than some of the mech mags out now.

Halliday
08-05-2004, 08:04 AM
How much more of a hit can E-Mags take? Will we have to pay people to take them?

lord1234
08-05-2004, 08:18 AM
my suggestion to AGD: have 100 hair triggers ready 20 in each color that the karta comes in(or the ULE comes in whatever). Cuz frankly the reason the xmag didn't do as well as it shoudl have was the back order wait on it!

Magglerock
08-05-2004, 08:46 AM
How much more of a hit can E-Mags take? Will we have to pay people to take them?

Yeah - they are already going for uder $500. I saw one on Ebay the other day that went for $420.

afultz075
08-05-2004, 09:11 AM
I think the only E-Mags that have some chance of retaining a decent value are the full-ULE ones. Most of the ones going for <$500 are older (stainless, outdated software).

TheShark
08-05-2004, 09:19 AM
LOL they're going to need a lot more than 100 if they want to prevent backorders.

Kevmaster
08-05-2004, 09:21 AM
yeh..i dont think emags can drop much further... the difference between a used emag and a used rt is about $100..which is bogus!

rkjunior303
08-05-2004, 09:41 AM
I think the fact that the x-mag was done out of the COUTNRY didn't help matters much, either, when it came to availability... The fact that it's being done 'locally' should help that alot.

Xyxyll
08-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Yeah - they are already going for uder $500. I saw one on Ebay the other day that went for $420.

I just bought one on ebay the other day for $405.

Hexis
08-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Why are people so worried about the "value" of their paintball gun? Does it matter how much you can sell the thing for when you are lighting up the other team? It's not like it's a House, you are not building equity with a paintball purchase. It's a bit of technology, technology depreciates very very quickly. Do you worry about how much resale value your computer has?

The Action Figure
08-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Well put, but ive seen some karta/rouge/logic mags go for over 600

tony3
08-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Possibly increase resale, my therory is more people will start wanting mags, and some people can't afford the hair trigger so they will just buy an emag.

yakitori
08-05-2004, 10:59 AM
sad news, but I wouldnt sell my emag for 600. The only way someone would buy an emag for that little of money is if it is just a gun. It wont have a tank, drop, barrels (maybe a barrel), or much ups on it.

I payed 700 for my emag about 3 months ago, and have put a karta body and rail, a stiffi, and a tank macro, etc. and I have put about 12-1300 bucks into it. Ill be damned if I would sell it for only 700. BTW, mine came w/ a warp, jj edge kit, and some other stuff.

I agree w/ the who cares how much its worth. Ive seen emags shoot just as fast as other higher end markers. But, emags arent being made anymore, so that is another reason to keep it.

:-D

minimag03
08-05-2004, 11:04 AM
I thought that the hAir was going to have a new name besides "mag". If so, people outside of our knowing won't know the difference.

BlackWeenie
08-05-2004, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=Hexis]Why are people so worried about the "value" of their paintball gun? Does it matter how much you can sell the thing for when you are lighting up the other team?/QUOTE]

the reason why im concerned what its worth is because im considering selling mine and you dont want to get less money for your product. therefore the value is very important because if i sell it sooner (before the release of the hAir) i might get more money for it.

Hexis
08-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Like any bit of technology, it's going to depreciate. So in general the sooner you sell it, the more you will be able to get. Fixating on the decrease from the hair trigger is short sided, there are many other factors that will decrease it's resale value.

Techie toys are the suck like that.

afultz075
08-05-2004, 02:58 PM
sad news, but I wouldnt sell my emag for 600. The only way someone would buy an emag for that little of money is if it is just a gun. It wont have a tank, drop, barrels (maybe a barrel), or much ups on it.

I payed 700 for my emag about 3 months ago, and have put a karta body and rail, a stiffi, and a tank macro, etc. and I have put about 12-1300 bucks into it. Ill be damned if I would sell it for only 700. BTW, mine came w/ a warp, jj edge kit, and some other stuff.

I agree w/ the who cares how much its worth. Ive seen emags shoot just as fast as other higher end markers. But, emags arent being made anymore, so that is another reason to keep it.

:-D

I'm in the same boat as you, I payed about $750 for mine last month and I have a Rogue Neck and ULE Rail lined up, and I might be giving it my RT's X Valve when it gets back from Tuna. I really don't care how much it depreciates in value, as I plan on keeping this gun for a good while, even if it becomes a backup in the future.

Magglerock
08-05-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm in the same boat as you, I payed about $750 for mine last month and I have a Rogue Neck and ULE Rail lined up, and I might be giving it my RT's X Valve when it gets back from Tuna. I really don't care how much it depreciates in value, as I plan on keeping this gun for a good while, even if it becomes a backup in the future.

You guys paid ovr $700 for your Emags? I hope they weren't used, because if they were, you really got ripped-off!

afultz075
08-05-2004, 04:29 PM
But also keep in mind that mine came with a brand new charger, ULE body, as well as the ULE grip frame.

Creative Mayhem
08-05-2004, 05:08 PM
my suggestion to AGD: have 100 hair triggers ready 20 in each color that the karta comes in(or the ULE comes in whatever). Cuz frankly the reason the xmag didn't do as well as it shoudl have was the back order wait on it!

Wow.. this is a first... I agree with Leo. :eek: I need to go drink this icky feeling away... :tard:

GT
08-05-2004, 05:41 PM
You guys paid ovr $700 for your Emags? I hope they weren't used, because if they were, you really got ripped-off!

wtf? show me anyone selling a full ULE emag for less than 700. I think emags have pretty good resale, ULE's.

hAppy
08-05-2004, 06:41 PM
wtf? show me anyone selling a full ULE emag for less than 700. I think emags have pretty good resale, ULE's.
Alot of outside people won't know the value of any mag. The highest you can ever sell them for are here, where people know their mags. And a full ULE emag would go for over $700, but here only, not at PBN or anything.

yakitori
08-05-2004, 08:59 PM
uh, ya. I gave 700 shipped for mine. It came w/ a charger, a 12v warp feed, 12v revy w/ xboard, hoses w/ disconnects, jj edge kit, lvl 10, blade emag trigger, stock trigger, 3.2 software, and a NW quick disconnect for my tanks.

I think 700 was a good deal for what I got. After that, then I payed for the karta body and ULE karta rail, rogue feedneck, and ano on the body and my trigger for about 350. then a stiffi and the tank. So that adds up to 700+350+89+200 = 1339

Im pleased w/ mine, and Ill bet that if I started a thread for it I could trade it for one of the higher end markers.

But, since it is my favorite marker, I think Ill keep it. :-D

Emags still rule.

mangomag
08-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Alot of outside people won't know the value of any mag. The highest you can ever sell them for are here, where people know their mags. And a full ULE emag would go for over $700, but here only, not at PBN or anything.
I agree, I own a full ule emag (which im very proud of :clap: ) and i would not sell it for less than 700 anywhere else except for here, where only the trained eye's here at AO know the real value of it, cause this aint no regular emag, it might have an extra .8 edge on the 3.2 emags ;) :headbang:

barrel break
08-06-2004, 03:22 PM

look at mech cockers, i can barely give mine away since E-blades came out...