PDA

View Full Version : AA Armaggedon

paintballfreak90
08-05-2004, 10:46 AM
i have a question for who ever owns a armaggedon: Is there an on/off valve on it? If so where? thanx

eNder159
08-05-2004, 10:53 AM
well if you consider the adjustment screw as an on/off then yes it does...assuming your talking about the older AAA ...all you have to do is unscrew it and itll stop all the pressure going from the tank to the marker...and then you have to find someway to bleed the lines after that...

Muzikman
08-05-2004, 10:54 AM
i have a question for who ever owns a armaggedon: Is there an on/off valve on it? If so where? thanx

The on/off is on the tank it's self. The Armaggedon has a removable tank (like the old MaxFlo), there for the on/off is on the tank, not the reg.

vf-xx
08-05-2004, 10:55 AM
It doesn't. I put an inline on/off valve on one of my tanks and a proconnect on the other.

They're not really needed as the way the 'geddon works you can just unscrew the tank from the reg to turn it off.

Richter
08-05-2004, 10:24 PM
well if you consider the adjustment screw as an on/off then yes it does...assuming your talking about the older AAA ...all you have to do is unscrew it and itll stop all the pressure going from the tank to the marker...and then you have to find someway to bleed the lines after that...
the only problem with using the velocity adjustment on the reg for an on/off is that there is no bleed so your marker would still be pressurized.

madmatt151
08-06-2004, 09:31 AM
The on/off is on the tank it's self. The Armaggedon has a removable tank (like the old MaxFlo), there for the on/off is on the tank, not the reg.

Uh, I don't know if this is true? I have never seen an AA get screwed off. I know the MAx Flos do it, and I hear conflicted opinions of whether or not you should do it.

double wide
08-06-2004, 11:18 AM
The Armageddon is a 2 peice air system designed for the tournament player...

Here is a basic overview on how it opperates.

The Sleeve (black portion with the fins) is designed to regulate low pressure air for delivery to your marker. The sleeve is also designed to stay attached to the marker.

The Arm (silver portion screwed into the pressure vessel) is designed to allow fill and storage of HP air. If you look you will see what appears to be a pin valve in the end of the arm, that is the actual regulation point of the entire system...The Sleeve and Arm work in conjunction with each other to create a single regulator. NO you can't install a screw in system into the Sleeve.

There is no need for an ON/OFF in the system since unscrewing the arm from the sleeve will allow you to both shut off air flow and bleed down stream air, hence trapping the remaining HP air in the pressure vessel. This is advantagous since you can now change cylinders, cylinder size, or just have multiple full cylinders for insertion without affecting your LP output pressure setting.

Example: lets say your whole team has Geddons and your front player using a 45/45 gets hurt, a back player formerly using a 88 can screw his/her cylinder into his sleeve and take your front players place with a smaller cylinder.

Let's say you have multiple markers...each requiring a different input pressures. You can purchase Sleeve kits for each marker and use only one cylinder for all your markers and never need to adjust output pressure. The reverse is also true...multiple cylinders for a single marker. Change from an 114 to a 45 in the middle of the day or depending on the scenario.

So as you can see the Geddon allows total flexibility for you and your team and does not require the use of an ON/OFF.

vf-xx
08-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Why I like the 'Geddon ^^^^^^

lord1234
08-06-2004, 11:47 AM
why AA rules:) thansk double wide...

but the ninjas still have the hampster

DK1
08-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Uh, I don't know if this is true? I have never seen an AA get screwed off. I know the MAx Flos do it, and I hear conflicted opinions of whether or not you should do it.

New maxflos don't unscrew, at least the HPA systems don't. The bottomline regs still do, but they are designed for CO2 and screw in HPA systems.

Geddon's do unscrew, I've had two of them... great systems, and a great company. Their tech support is awesome. And, you can call the company and actually talk to a human...

I love AA :)

DK1