PDA

View Full Version : hAir trigger vs Emag

RoboBeaver
08-05-2004, 07:02 PM
well, i know im going to buy either emag lower half, or a hair trigger and a rouge rail/15* asa

my question is, how much would emag lower half cost me? and would it be worth getting instead of the hair trigger. how awesome are emags, i wish i knew someone with one so i could fire it, ive held one at the shop, but couldnt fire it.

anyway thanks
-gavin

danoxide
08-05-2004, 07:05 PM
hairs aren't supposed to be out for another 4 months....

never shot an emag before either tho so i couldn't tell you...

RoboBeaver
08-05-2004, 07:10 PM
wow is it four months now?, i really like the idea of having an emag, but it would take awhile for me to save the money up.

thanks

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Emag lowers generally run for about 350 or so. Ive shot and owned an emag and they are great guns. However, i would wait another 6 months or so for the hair trigger if i were you. The only reason i say that is, welll, watch the hAir trigger video....i think youll get my point. lol

RoboBeaver
08-05-2004, 08:06 PM
but cant the emag lowers do that, i mean, if the hair trigger costs the maximum projected 350, when would it be more worth the 350 than the emag lowers,
would you say the hair trigger is justs as fast as the emag?

Chronobreak
08-05-2004, 09:11 PM
buy a custom ule from rogue with the 15* asa and save for a hair trigger

NJPaint
08-05-2004, 09:33 PM
I'd go for the E-mag lowers. Worst comes to worst you can sell the E-mag lowers and buy yourself a hair trigger when it comes out. That is what I'm doing. Well, I got two E-mags anyways... But As soon as that hair trigger comes out I'm getting one and making it my primary.

ps. I have E-mag lowers for sale, PM me ;)

minimag03
08-05-2004, 10:08 PM
I got some lowers for mine. E-mag triggers are adjustable, the hAir isn't (I think). Also, E-mags are two markers in one, hAirs aren't. Plus I'm not that comfortable with a possible pneumatic timing issue that the hAir could have. Plus I dont think yot can put a hAir on a standard RTP rail.

warbeak2099
08-05-2004, 10:19 PM
The HAIR pull weight will be adjustable.
The decision is really one of preference. Do you want to deal with pneumatics or electronics if something goes wrong? Do you prefer mech over electro? Do you want simplicity or options? I'd personally go with the HAIR for simplicity's and reliability's sake. But that's me, maybe you're more of an electro person?

Enemy
08-05-2004, 10:44 PM
its really down to preference you might be alittle faster with emag lowers if you find a good debounce setting in 3.2 but thats doubtful if you plan are tournaments go with the hair the emags have horendous issues with stupid refs!!

Warewolf50
08-06-2004, 01:10 AM
Ugh 4 more months, i would probably wait till the hair trig come outs, i thik thats what im gonna do. Im actually considering selling my angel and jsut going wiht themag.

Lurker27
08-06-2004, 01:13 AM
If it were me I'd try the Spyder frame + Tboard + 25g switch + breakbeam eyes+ Dye sticky 3's...worst case scenario you need to stow a small battery pack under your tank cover. Should be cheaper, lighter, faster than an emag lower half PLUS breakbeam eyes. Very cheap once your current frame is sold. The only problem comes in the drop, but drilling inline hoels is a cinch. Bottomline threading is 10-32.

Empyreal Rogue
08-06-2004, 01:59 AM
E-Mag > Spyder Frame

Hands down. Even with the battery pack.

Lurker27
08-06-2004, 02:22 AM
Compelling reasons, all of them.

Blazestorm
08-06-2004, 02:32 AM
Get your trigger-frame set-screwed and grab a ULT.

You'll be able to shoot 10bps and it'll hold you over till hAir and is still mechanical.

It'd run you about 60 bucks too... :D

RoboBeaver
08-06-2004, 10:51 PM
so... wait a minute, is the hair trigger gonna have a integrated rail and regulator or something?

i think ill stillg et a rougerail and 15* asa, do you think ill be able to use the 15* asa with the hair trigger, i have nooo idea how that thing works, but i think the hair trigger will be my choice

gibby
08-06-2004, 11:22 PM
UGH! Does this mean I'll be forkin more money to nicad in 4 months?!?! Since I already have my emag, I'd probably go for the hair. And since I plan on playing more tournaments in the future, I'd probably make that my primary as well. For me, the reliability of the mechanical mag, weight, and hassle free with the refs will top it off for me. Although I love my emag and would never give that away. :)