PDA

View Full Version : I got a Question...

ThePatriot
10-21-2001, 02:51 PM
Heres my question, im probably getting my first mag for christmas, but i wanted to know something beforehand, i am always hearing how mags need nitro because of liquid co2, thing is i live in florida, and i doubt theres ever going to be a chance for co2 to turn to liquid, would a mag work off co2 in these conditions?

Xzion
10-21-2001, 03:07 PM
It should work alright. I'd suggest getting an expansion chamber just incase, it certianly wouldnt hurt, and given your climate, moreless ensure no, or at least VERY little CO2 would make it into your 'mag. The times I used CO2 during Canadian summers with a vertical bottle, I had little troubles with freezing my minimag, so you should have very little, to no problems, aside from the occasional consistancy perhaps.

-Jôker-
10-21-2001, 03:09 PM
a lot of people think mags dont work well with co2 ive had problems wtith co2 in cold weather but thats it i run nitro now....... there are plenty of members here that run co2 and are perfectly happy and have had little or no problems im happy with nitro and a lot of people are happy with co2 if you alreadt have a co2 tank try it on your mag before you go spend 80$ on a air tank G/L

PaInTbALL zAcH
10-21-2001, 06:59 PM
I live in florida and i still suggest a nitro tank. all you need is one those PE 48 tanks. i used co2 on my gun once and it was the most inconsistent thing id ever seen.

StanBo
10-28-2001, 03:26 PM
Go for the HPA. I have used Co2 for the longest. It has a tendency to freeze your gun up right at the end of a round when you have shot it alot. Right when you make that last move.

HPA is fantastic. I am looking to get myself a bottle.

Dubstar112
10-28-2001, 04:55 PM
you are forgetting that per volume C02 gets way more shots, with the right setup: palmer sideline you should have no problems: but hpa is usually cheaper to fill

and mags grew up on Co2

StanBo
10-28-2001, 05:16 PM
I think my old man has earned his keep and deserves to sip some of that fine HPA.

I was happy to see it shoot HPA without hissing.

My magi grew up on it. I played for years with it. I learned to deal with it but I outgrew a Tippman and now my mag is outgrowing Co2.

Temo Vryce
10-28-2001, 05:27 PM
To start off you should be ok with an X-chamber and CO2. Once you start to get a faster finger you might want to get yourself a nitro bottle because even in Florida you can freeze your bottle, if your fast enough. Liquid co2 and mags just don't get along.

Hope you get your mag for Christmas like you hope to.

pumpamatic
10-28-2001, 05:33 PM
I've played in 60 degree weather using co2 off a expansion chamber and vertical bottle with no x-chamber. No problems at all. The only time I froze my mag was when I tried. I shoot about 8 bps for about half a 12 oz tank. But how often in a game do you shoot 400 balls as fast as you can continuosly? You should be more than fine in Florida, but you will see better consistancy using a good HPA tank or adding a regulator made for co2.