PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag help...

Nobody
08-05-2004, 10:30 PM
got a Emag from a good friend that was tired of it, as it was nothing but problems for him. unfortunately, other than problems, i don't know exactly what's wrong with it. as of right now, it is not firing. i am very familiar with Mags, so this isn't a problem on the technical side, but the Xvalve is a strange beast. it is totally different than what i had been dealing with already. i cleaned it, and lubed it, lithium grease, but after that, its all strange.

the gun is Emag with: intellframe, 3.2 software, ULE body, double ball detents, clamping low rise, but no manual(it was built up at a shop). it will air up(off preset-800psi), air is present, and i can get it to lightly hiss when pulling the trigger in all modes, but will not fire. so any clues? i do want to tackle this and try to fix it, before giving up and sending it home to AGD.

Nobody
OMHW

afultz075
08-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Make sure your on/off is lubed up real nice (you probably already did that already).

Other than that, the only thing I can think that could be wrong is the level 10 tuning might be off. Since it does the same thing, just hiss, in all modes including mechanical, we can pretty much rule out the electronics being the problem.

My suggestion is to lube the o-rings in the powertube and just clean it out in general for starters, maybe there's too much friction. If that doesn't help, than start trying new shim/carrier combos.

pointm@n
08-05-2004, 11:04 PM
lithium grease is too thick, regular paintball oil will do the trick. If you're totally clueless (which it sounds you are, no offense ;) ) PM Tunaman and he can "over haul" it for you. He's in Jersey too so maybe he's close to where u are.

jtm560
08-05-2004, 11:04 PM
check out the LX and disisamble everthing. also check the triiger magnet ,turn it in ,it may not be hittin the sensor and lube everthing over

Nobody
08-05-2004, 11:37 PM
jtm560: i should have made it a little more clearer. the hiss is nothing like a LX hiss. i have put one in my standard mag and a friends minimag, so i know that hiss. but i didn't touch it, as it should be factory set, since the valve was bought new with it factory installed. so, i will check, but won't tear apart. its not firing, so chasing that dragon could be a wold goose chase.

afultz075: the only things that i did lube was the reg springs. didn't do anything other than cleaning/checking of the on/off assembly. but will do that with some KC troublefree. as reading a couple other posts, it might be the on/off as there was not a teflon oring from the older valves(which i'm more familiar with). which begs the questions, is that now the standard? when i did the check/ the on/off pin did stay up in the 2 orings, not coming out with the rest of the assembly.

pointm@n: no offense taken, its just new to E-mags, not paintball. but will PM Tunaman, as on site fixing is always better than everything else.

and also, the trigger is hitting the sensor, as has slack and the counter is reading fine.

thanks for the points, and we'll see how it goes from there. so keep them coming.

Nobody
OMHW

ryanshep
08-05-2004, 11:47 PM
now im not sure if u did this or not or if ur even supposed to, but if ur taking a X-valve off a mech and putting it on the e-mag ur supposed to switch the on/off pins, that could be it, if im wrong im sure some1 will correct me...

afultz075
08-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Yeah, when I sent my E-Mag to Tuna right after I got it he said my main problem with it not firing was because of a wrong on/off pin.

At the bottom of the hole that the on/off goes in, there should be a large o-ring outside of a small black one that has a different shape than a regular o-ring. Is that o-ring present? That o-ring is only used on E-Mags and should be there.