PDA

View Full Version : Reloader B desighn flaw

68magOwner
08-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Well yesterday I was sitting around the local shop showing off the new Force Fly, and shooting the breeze with the guys when the topic of the Reloader came up since he has a couple in stock. Well we took one out and looked at it, and admittedly it looks pretty good on top of the Orange Force, however we found an interesting design flaw with the hopper.

With all these markers on the market that won't allow the marker to cycle without paint in the breech we've now got a hopper that won't feed without hearing the sounds of the marker firing....well that's great until you run the hopper empty!!!! If you run the hopper empty you've got to prime it again. Talk about a design flaw!!! You've got to stop in the middle of your game and crank the rip drive to prime the hopper again so you can start playing again. Who's got time for that every hopper????

Just thought I'd share for those that might be on the bubble about this loader. Shells are nice, but priming it all the time would get old real fast

(taken from angel owners.com)

danoxide
08-05-2004, 11:27 PM
dont run dry :D

just do this :shooting: untill your hopper runs out then do this :cheers:

Prezents
08-05-2004, 11:27 PM
They should have put in a prime button like the warps

penguinpunk555
08-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Your arn't suppose to run your hopper dry in the first place.

68magOwner
08-05-2004, 11:35 PM
ok, shure, but can you honestly say you have never run your hopper dry? ....actually...i can only remember one time....but im shure ive done it other times

PaintballSmurf13
08-05-2004, 11:43 PM
I run my hopper dry sometimes, but it only really happens when I run out of paint and so i'm screwed anyway....
-Ryan

Blazestorm
08-05-2004, 11:45 PM
You know the Reloader-B has a Rip-Drive installed?

:D

And if this is as sensitive as the original Reloader, it'll spin when pouring paint (that sound activates) and if you hit the lid hard enough it should activate it.

Carbon
08-05-2004, 11:46 PM
adapt and overcome

shwoomie
08-06-2004, 12:09 AM
luckily if you run the hopper dry it will spin when you reload cause it hears the sound....and it will spin from time to time (dont know the xact interval) when it is empty!

Enemy
08-06-2004, 12:11 AM
it will spin when loading paint and if you hit the lid/open close it.. i love it and of course im yet to have this problem then again my ace aint working so its all lvl 10 now!! also if you hit the power button while the loader is on it will prime again!! and it has rip drive!! for all this the design flaw isnt much of a flaw and since it obviosly wont happen often the aggrevation of having to push a button or turn the rip drive or just plain reload shouldnt be overlooked for the advantange of not frying your board cuz your eyes dont like dark paint!

Warewolf50
08-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Just put yourhead rihgt next to hit and start making shotng noises, like BAM BAM BAM BAm. one fo them wil eventually set it off, design prob fixed. Hehehe, i realy have no idea what im talking about, ive never olayed wiht a sound activated hopper.

elpimpo
08-06-2004, 01:57 AM
what if u were next to a guy with a stingray, those suckas r loud, would it spin when it heard him?

RingOfScale
08-06-2004, 02:00 AM
ehhh, it scared me when i saw this thread cause i wanted to get one, but everyone after the orignal post seems to have solved the problem <>

Torbo
08-06-2004, 02:33 AM
the sound of the paint hitting the floor of the loader spins it long enough to fully wind the ball stack.

Jackel411
08-06-2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah the B's board is very sensitive.. Ive actually had it prime while loading paint.. and spin again after I wack the lid shut with a pod

RRfireblade
08-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Yup, cleared that one right up. :)

A) don't run out of paint........especially on a force feed loader.(Blender)

2) Automatic prime feature,activated by the sound of falling paint into an empty hopper.

3) On the ReB,if you momentarily press the on/off button,it primes.

paint magnet
08-06-2004, 11:37 AM
If for some reason the paint hitting the loader floor or shutting the lid doesn't start it spinning, whack it with your empty pod :)

elpimpo
08-06-2004, 11:42 AM
reloaders are gay.

sorry i just had to say it

Torbo
08-06-2004, 12:06 PM
reloaders are gay.

sorry i just had to say it

no definatly not. something as fast as a reloader B should not be called gay.

Lee
08-06-2004, 03:17 PM
leave the lid open and scream into it

it works...honest!

plus you'll freak the other team out.

JKW
08-06-2004, 04:08 PM
RRfiireblade hit it right on the head with number 3. Just press the button for a sec if the loader does not spin when the next load is dumped into the hopper. My ffirst ReloaderB was a pre release version and does not have the speed adjustment of my second one but is still faster than my Victory boarded Halo. Great loaders!

FragTek
08-06-2004, 04:12 PM
no definatly not. something as fast as a reloader B should not be called gay.

Well what if you think all battery powered loaders are gay? Last I checked people could still have an opinion, christ...

elpimpo
08-06-2004, 04:16 PM
let him think its not gay, ive just seen way to many reloaders go down. ill stick with my halo

TDonovan
08-06-2004, 06:19 PM
I've run dry before... All I had to do was jam another 10 paintballs from my tube into the stock class feed. :p

I'll probably be sticking with my empire reloader (revvy clone) for my next gun. If I upgrade anything past that I'll probably opt for an Apache. I just see too many people messing with their HALO's and trying to get em to work right.

But you're right, that is a little drawback on the Reloader B vs. the HALO.

Digits
08-06-2004, 06:26 PM
what if u were next to a guy with a stingray, those suckas r loud, would it spin when it heard him?

No the sound travels up from the breach into the feed cone and into the hopper (atleast what I think).. Hence why you can scream in the hopper when the lid is open and it will spin, but if you scream at the shells when the lid is closed it wont.

68magOwner
08-06-2004, 10:16 PM
bah, lol, what if you reload snyper style and are really quite :ninja:

RRfireblade
08-06-2004, 10:22 PM
bah, lol, what if you reload snyper style and are really quite :ninja:

If your REALLY playing snyper style......one hopper full of paint should be MORE than enuff. ;)

elpimpo
08-06-2004, 10:32 PM
if your really really playing sniper style then your gay

Oh_Davey
08-07-2004, 12:10 AM
If its force feed and spins whenever theres a sound, what if it spins when the stacks full and you're not shooting?

68magOwner
08-07-2004, 01:23 AM
if your really really playing sniper style then your gay

if you really think that post was serious than your gay :rolleyes:

TeamNausea
08-07-2004, 08:45 AM
he was just continuing the "if you are really playing sniper style" thing i dont think he was tryong to say you were gay... ;)

ilikePB
08-07-2004, 04:15 PM
If its force feed and spins whenever theres a sound, what if it spins when the stacks full and you're not shooting?
From what I understand it doesn't use quit as much force as a Halo so it won't effect anything unless your detents are crap.

StormSurge
08-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Ummmmmm..... Just use the Q!!!!!!!!!

I love my q loader....