PDA

View Full Version : Secondary reg for my mag

Bob_da_Splatman
08-06-2004, 01:10 AM
I’m a new comer to this whole forum thing so please bear with me. I’ve been looking out there for a high pressure reg to add to my massive ‘mag. I just cant seem to find any that go to or above 800PSI any suggestions? :confused: Thanx

ScatterPlot
08-06-2004, 02:13 AM
Simple, you don't need any reg on your mag other than the one on the gun itself (the valve, as most people call it) and the one built into the tank. Anything else will starve the gun for air.

toymyster
08-06-2004, 02:32 AM
That pretty much sums it up!!!!

Beemer
08-06-2004, 07:32 AM
Whats your massive mag? Do you mean a reg for a HP tank?

If you have a HP tank with a reg on it and a Mag, thats all ya need.

If yer looking for a tank with a reg, ya wanna get an adjustable. Please elucidate.

All the info you want is here. AO will help ya find it :clap: :headbang: :bounce: :cheers:

Bob_da_Splatman
08-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Well the way I was thinking is that if I get a secondary reg then it would just improve the consistency that much more. I was looking at an adjustable hpa tank but the ones that I have found are below 800 output pressure, which is what the mags need right? Oh and as for my massive mag it was originally a mini but now I have it set up with: ULE body nickel, original rail chrome, dye double trigger chrome, with a shocktech long drop chrome, pipe barrel kit. Soon upgrades are: logic straight trig frame, logic rail and an x-valve.Oh and the tank I was looking at was an evil scion 88/5000.Any suggestions for a different tank by all means please help me! :confused: :hail: :hail: :confused:

Head knight of Ni
08-06-2004, 12:15 PM
A Dynaflow or an Air America Armaggedon? Never run a third reg on your setup the tanks and the guns is all you'll need.

Creative Mayhem
08-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Your setup sounds good, but like the others have said a secondary reg is unneccesary. The 88/5000 sounds good, but you need to make sure that the reg on the tank has a output around 750psi and up, that way it will have enough output for the mags valve. Thats pretty much all you need for a mag, is a good input pressure. I personally like adjustable tanks, but to some they can be heavy. Hope this helps.

Mister Sinister
08-06-2004, 01:45 PM
The Evil Scion wont work real well with a mag its max output is 550psi. There are many tanks that will work though. The adjustables that were mentioned above will work or any of the HP presets will also. My vote though is go adjustable. A dyna flow or geddon will work killer. That with the reg built into the valve and your set.

player4
08-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Buy a high pressure tank, and a palmers stabilizer. The stablizer's output is 0-900 psi. That would be better than buying an adjustable tank.

FooTemps
08-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Don't buy another reg, just get a nice tank and you should be good. A mag isn't like a cocker or any other marker in the same market, it doesn't need another reg to be consistent.

Mister Sinister
08-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Buy a high pressure tank, and a palmers stabilizer. The stablizer's output is 0-900 psi. That would be better than buying an adjustable tank.

Putting the stabilizer on it would be like using a 3rd reg which will just starve the gun for air. The reg in the valve and the reg on the tank is all that would be needed. The stabilizer would be great if he was running co2 but its not needed in a HPA setup.

Sac
08-06-2004, 06:09 PM
i think that what your thinking is that by getting a secondary reg you can raise the pressure above your tanks maximum output, which you can't do, if that is what you want a second reg for, to raise the pressure in the mag, just get something like a flatline tank that can go above like 900psi.

if thats not what your trying to do, then im an idiot lol.

Bob_da_Splatman
08-06-2004, 09:21 PM
No I understand the concept that you can't raise a tanks pressure above the out put I just thought if the tank wasn't that consistant then the secondary well in this case it would be a third...-ary? would just be that much better, and I never even thought of it starving the gun for air ..... technically wouldnt that be sufficating it. Any way you get the point and thanx for all your help :cheers: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :cheers: