PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Apparel 1: Jerseys

PowerFedMag
10-21-2001, 03:35 PM
OK, I am going to post some separate threads about different pball apparel(sic?)
Some dumb questions, then your opinion.

1 - Why are the Jersey's so expensive?!?!

2 - Are they well padded? Protect against hits, etc...

3 - How do they hold up, especially when yer crawling around sliding on the ground.

4 - Is XL a good size for a 6'4 person?

5 - Do they breath well?

6 - What is the best jersey, or are they all prety much the same, with style\brand preference?

7 - Where are the AGD's JERSEY's!!!

8 - What do you guys wear (shirts, jersey's or whatever)

:cool:

Prezents
10-21-2001, 04:17 PM
I can help on some of these.

no they are not padded.

I have had a JT Rave 600 for about 3-4 years now and still looks good.

I am 6'2" and I have a Large, but I am also 165 Lbs

The mesh one's breath really well.

And when is AGD going to offer some?????
Prezentshttp://www.mauisun.org/ubb/smilies/cwm9.gif

~WarpedRT~
10-21-2001, 06:39 PM
I have an extra large JT Power Jersey. it is alright, it has begun to fray at the side, where I slid on, but it still looks great. Jersies sometimes feel like your not wearing any shirt at all they breath so well, and I would get an extra large if I were you. I don't know where AGD's jersies are. I hope they come out with some soon.

MajorDamage
10-21-2001, 06:55 PM
They breath well, my 32 Degrees one had padded elbows, the raven ones have a like football jersey type material on the sides to breath better, mine is holding up real good, I wear my Jersey because it looks real cool(flames!), I like it, comfy, AND IT MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A PRO(lol!lol!)!

ENDO!

renegade2k
10-21-2001, 08:24 PM
have any of u seen the new smart parts ones? really awesome x mas present for me!!!:D :D

Zumina
10-21-2001, 09:03 PM
I have one of the "older" DYE Jersies, and it rocks. It's not padded, it's made of polyester so it doesn't absorb moisture as opposed to the cotton variants, it has a big mesh section across the chest area, and it bears DYE's logo all over it. Not to mention it's olive so it blends in really well and matches my IZE. I'm 5'11" and my large is a bit on the confining side, but it fits perfectly.

DarkPhoenix
10-21-2001, 09:26 PM
Lets see...

1) Jerseys are expensive because of the material that they are made of and the "sublimation" process, which gives us all these intricate and long lasting designs/colors.

2) No padding.

3) They hold up pretty well, as long as you follow the care instructions.

4) I recommend you try, at least the type of jersey you are going to buy, on to proper fit.

5) Some of the newer jerseys are so well ventilated you might catch cold:D

6) Try them out, they are all pretty much the same, but there a certain small things that just make each different. User preference most of the time.

7) I would like to know the answer to this and the AO Jersey, too.

8) I have two JT Premier Jerseys but I commonly use long sleeve cotton shirts in muted earth tones.

alf
10-21-2001, 09:31 PM
im 6'1", 220 lbs...i use XXLs...i REALLY REALLY like raven's jerseys (www.ravenusa.com)......but only because AGD doesnt have any out yet!...and they have padded elbows that slide around a lot

PowerFedMag
10-22-2001, 01:26 PM
I am 6'4, and weigh about 190, so I am kinda skinny, I think my pants are like 34'36'.

Should I just go with a XL, there is really no shops around to try stuff out, which is why I always have to ask a million ?'s before I order the wrong thing online!

:cool:

AkaEnder
10-22-2001, 02:00 PM
Im 6'6" 180lbs, and wear a size XL JT Jersy. Its four years old now, and the hundreds of washes have shrunk it abit, but its still okay sleeve length. I tried a XXL but it was just waaaayy to big accross the chest.
I also wear JT Pro-series pants, but the length on them is only 34" inseam, so they are alittle bit short, the hiking boots I play in have a really high ankle support in them, so it hides the shortness. If you'ree 6'4"+ I would look at something other than JT pants.

-e

Snappy
10-22-2001, 03:40 PM
I wear BDUs (Battle Dress Uniform) because I already have them (I'm an Army Cadet) and would rather spend money on my minimag. I do wear JT gloves, though. Be sure to match your gear! The paintball fashion police will get you.