PDA

View Full Version : Benchmark Frame Disaster

Onryou
08-06-2004, 07:35 PM
I just got in a Benchmark Double trigger and I put it on my mag. Now when i pull the trigger I can hold it and the valve just starts cycling like its going full auto.

My mag is a classic with Level 10, a ULE body and the Benchmark frame. It worked perfectly prior to installing the benchmark but i have made 2 observations since i put it on.

1) the valve doesn't seem to sit "right" there is a small gap between the ULE body and the valve.
2) the sear sits at a right angle, unlike the normal or intelliframe having the sear sit at more of a 45* angle.

Shout I adjust my sear? or the on/off or something? As I said the marker worked perfectly wiht the standard single trigger frame but now its gone haywire. What can I do?

RRfireblade
08-06-2004, 07:42 PM
I seems as though you can't have it assembled correctly. The trigger frame is not going to effect how the valve sits in the body.

I'd recheck the sear and pivot pin to be sure it seated correctly. Also make sure the z lock pin on the valve is in the z lock groove.

Lastly, I'd check the on/off asembly to be sure it's assembly right.

What kind of gap is there between the trigger and the trigger rod? There should at least be 'some' gap.

Onryou
08-06-2004, 07:47 PM
when its gassed up there is about 1.5 mm gap between the trigger shoe and the rod. When i assemble it before gassing it up the valve sits fine, flush against the body, once I turn on the air it backs off about 1 mm. I have it all mounted on a AM/MM rail.

The reason I thought it was the frame is because it doesn't have the gap or the problems on a standard frame. I'll rechekc the on/off next.

RRfireblade
08-06-2004, 07:51 PM
when its gassed up there is about 1.5 mm gap between the trigger shoe and the rod. When i assemble it before gassing it up the valve sits fine, flush against the body, once I turn on the air it backs off about 1 mm. I have it all mounted on a AM/MM rail.

The reason I thought it was the frame is because it doesn't have the gap or the problems on a standard frame. I'll rechekc the on/off next.

Is there a bushing in the frame where the field strip screw goes? Most, but not all, of those frames should have a bushing there.Is there a lot of play between the hole in the frame and the field strip screw or does the hole seem to be the right size for the shaft of the screw?

Potatoboy
08-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Is your rail bushing stuck in your old frame, and you're using the Benchmark without it?

*edit* That bastard beat me to it. Except, it shouldn't be in the frame, it should be in the rail, and all frames/rails do need it, with the exception of the classic RT.

Onryou
08-06-2004, 08:10 PM
this is why I love you guys here at AO. problem solved. The bushing did come out with the old frame and I didn't think anything of it when i was re-assembling my mag. i just replaced it and gassed it up and viola! no more problems. Thanks.

RRfireblade
08-06-2004, 08:34 PM
That bastard beat me to it.

Excuse me? :tard:

That not withstanding, as I stated.......

Many later model Benchys have the bushing in the frame so one frame will work on both Mags styles. And,BTW, all Medusa frames have bushings regardless.

desslock
08-07-2004, 01:57 AM
its amazing waht a little piece of metal can do sheesh!!!! I had the same problem with my old benchmark frame but I had to learn the hard way. 2 tanks of air later I thought hey maybe this thing goes here :tard: