View Full Version : LX Problems

shatter_storm
08-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Marker specs:
DW Dallara body/mm rail
stock carbon fiber gripframe/mm sear/sear-pin
LX valve w/quick disconnects
PE 68/4500 preset
rogue clamping feedneck, stock cocker barrel, pro-connects etc.

All of the carriers seem to be too large except for the 0 carrier. With the 0 carrier, longest spring, and no shims I can get the marker to fire with a slight leak down the barrel. The leak gets worse if I lower the pressure, and if I raise the pressure any more the valve starts venting. Chrono reads 320-325 when I can get it to cycle - sometimes the bolt will cycle halfway, chuff out (on nothing or on paintballs) and reset to continue leaking.

I've tried:
All three carrier o-rings on 0, .5, 1, 1.5, and 2 sized carriers. All but the 0 and the .5 fit very loosely, the .5 isn't as loose but doesn't have any friction, the 0 seems to be the best fit and has a very small amount of friction. 2, 1.5, and 1 just vent down the barrel.
All three springs with 0 and .5 carriers with the better fitting carrier o-ring. The short and medium springs just vent down the barrel, the longest spring will either leak horribly or leak slightly and chrono way too high.
Swapping in the ULT to see how it responds. It only means I can chuff halfway down the breech with less pull. :(
Using 1 and 2 shims with the 0 carrier. Same thing, no worky.

I've gotten it to do the lawn sprinkler thing but I can't remember which of the many combinations did it. Pulling and holding the trigger back stops the venting, pressing on the front of the bolt doesn't change the noise that I can hear but then I don't really know what to listen for. My digital calipers say the bolt is 2.0115 inches - so that checks out alright.

Not many people at the local shop run mags so I think I'll have to send it somewhere if you guys can't give me some advice. Who's the east coast mag tech? What's he charge and how long's the turnaround?

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks guys.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
08-06-2004, 11:33 PM
pick one to fine tune first dont do your ult and lx at the same time

hmm use the 0 carrier and try a few shims or more than 2 to try to stop the leak Oil your oring in your power tube very lightly and drown your on/off ult in oil and your on/off pin see if that helps

use the medium spring your chronoing too high

AGDlover
08-07-2004, 01:10 AM
lawn sprinkler=on/off teflon oring