PDA

View Full Version : Are Jersey's Mandatory?

Tradeguy
08-07-2004, 08:22 AM
There is a line on the s3 website that states:

"Players MUST wear the event shirt or commemorative jersey for their chosen side! Switching of sides will result in severe penalties for your side and possible expulsion from the event with no refund! (ya gots to earn the win, not buy it)"

I take this to mean that you cannot wear a Jersey from the opposing team - but not that you must wear a team jersey.

What if they don't have a jersey that fits you? What if you arrive at the door and they run out of Jersey's?

Basically - is it mandatory to have the Jersey to play? If not, what are the team colors - we could at least try to match the color scheme.

I know a LOT of players that would never fit into an XX, which appears to be the largest. I wear an XX, and I'm no where near the biggest guy on my team. (Hehe...yeah, a lot of us are old and fat...but hey, we were still big in our youth too!!).

I've written AGD and MXS - no replies about this, and we really need to know asap.

TIA!

Tradeguy
Dead by Dawn

deathstalker
08-07-2004, 11:16 AM
From what I understand from the site, you receive a T-shirt for registering, and they will have event jerseys for sale separately. You MUST wear either the T-shirt OR the jersey during the game.

I know what you mean about the sizes, though. I fit XX just fine, but I see A LOT of players every time I got out who dwarf me. :D

matmc89
08-07-2004, 04:33 PM
you could just rip the jersey and make a jacket, like weltmans last year(but he did it for fun?)

Tradeguy
08-07-2004, 06:11 PM
I see what you mean about "t-shirts" and "jersey's" - I'm not completely clear that there will be both at the event, but you may be right.

I didn't go to the other Shatnerball's....were there people there wearing anything different, like more elaborate costumes?

Still no answer from AGD or MXS on this...(but then again, I am extremely impatient...lol)

Rich :shooting:

PirateGent
08-07-2004, 07:08 PM
I didn't go to the other Shatnerball's....were there people there wearing anything different, like more elaborate costumes?

Well me and my friends all wore Calvary style hats (Shatner borrowed mine for the opening smack talks) as well as blue BDU pants with yellow stripes on them. It help us find each other among the sea of blue shirts.

http://www.ussjustice.org/pastevents/2003/spplat.htm

We've already got gangster suits ready and "shells" to put around our guns to make them look like Tommy guns.

Going to be a great time either way.

Edward Tunis

Jane
08-08-2004, 03:33 PM
I see what you mean about "t-shirts" and "jersey's" - I'm not completely clear that there will be both at the event, but you may be right.

Still no answer from AGD or MXS on this...(but then again, I am extremely impatient...lol)

Rich :shooting:

I attended and played at both of the other events. Team jerseys were mandatory, to the best of my knowledge. While some players incorporated camouflage, padding or costuming into their attire, the jersey had to be visible.

Best regards,
Jane

Jeffy-CanCon
08-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Some of the ladies on the Cavalry team last year wore big dreses, and draped their jerseys over their shoulders like shawls. Some of the "bandits" wore serapés and somberos, and you could just see the jerseys on their arms. They weren't too strict, but it had to be visible.

PirateGent
08-11-2004, 06:05 AM
Some of the ladies on the Cavalry team last year wore big dreses, and draped their jerseys over their shoulders like shawls. Some of the "bandits" wore serapés and somberos, and you could just see the jerseys on their arms. They weren't too strict, but it had to be visible.

Well last year's game was suppose to have FOUR teams but I guess things didn't work out as planned.

The teams were suppose to be

Calvary
Raiders
Cyborgs
Townspeople

I think the girls you mention (seen in the photo area of Celebrity Paintball site)
http://www.celebritypaintball.com/images/gallery/thumbnails/tnCostumes1.jpg were going to be "townspeople" lead by Mancow.

Edward Tunis
Former-Shatnerball 2003 Calvary Solider

Jeffy-CanCon
08-11-2004, 02:19 PM
I know those ladies. :)

The four teams idea was dropped pretty early, I thought. It was clear on the website that Cavalry & townspeople were together, and raiders & cyborgs. In any case, they only printed two jersey designs.

SuperDanny
08-11-2004, 02:46 PM
I know those ladies. :)

The four teams idea was dropped pretty early, I thought. It was clear on the website that Cavalry & townspeople were together, and raiders & cyborgs. In any case, they only printed two jersey designs.

We were hanging out with Shatner last year. (Just before the smack-talk.) He felt last year's event (2003) was poorly planned. Many things were left 'till the last minute. That seems why they were holding off on having official jerseys this year. (Or at least part of the reason.) Now, they seemed to have changed their minds. Again.