PDA

View Full Version : loader Q's

frontrunner
08-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I have an older reloader and up untill a few weeks ago the thing has been great. I decided to set down my gun grab the flag and run like the wind(i was out of air so why not). well i set my gun down and some one move to the prop it was at and move my gun, when he did so the hopper filled up a hole in the prop and was painted by some jerk with an impy 20 balls +. since then it works about half the time and i have taken it apart and cleaned it, replace the batts. and it still wont work right on a classic that won't shoot any faster then 6 bps.
1st is there anything else i can try or is 1 1/2 years a good run for a hopper

2nd anyone use a halo tsa looking at and lcd one if i give up on mine that the one that is most likely next so what are they like

3rd if you set your gun down and move away from it and it takes a hit are you out, this was the subject of a nice little debate off the field my opinion is if you away from it (5 feet or so) your not out but shouldn't be able to return to it but others say a gun hit is a gun hit

love to hear from AO on either of the 3

scrumpy
08-07-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty sure the Halo tsa is a gravity feed hopper and not worth the money you pay for it. Spend another 40 and get a Halo B or spend 20 less and get a equal performing revvy/rico without the lcd.

warbeak2099
08-07-2004, 03:41 PM
That's not exactly the case. HALO TSA's have some pretty useful advancements over the ricos and revvys. The paddle tilts in the opposite direction you lean in, so you can feed at an angle. Not a dramatic angle like with a force feeder, but still good. The LCD ones also let you program your hopper to your marker setup. For example, you can enter in whether you have an open bolt or closed bolt gun. TSA's like the other HALO products are pretty good products. Very innovative IMO.

Head knight of Ni
08-07-2004, 03:43 PM
I've got the ReloaderA and it will work as a gravity feed hopper so no real concerns until the last 10 or so balls. I'm sure empire can help. Plus you can just buy new internals. ;)

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Markers and hoppers arent discardable items. If you set it down and run and you dont get hit but the gun does technically your out. Depending on the field you play at sometime if ya drop your hopper they will give you a few sweconds or a few feet to get the hopper back. But like i said, markers and hoppers arent discardable and if they get shot whether you have it in your hands or not your out unless the field has some rules that say otherwise.

MasonFootball89
08-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Ok first of all the reason that a gun is a hit is because its an extension of your body but once you put it down then its not your gun its just some gun sitting around.
(its still your gun just not during the rest of the game)

almost_jesus
08-09-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm going to have to say that you're out. Seeing as you never actully touch the marker in the first place (There will always be a small amount of atoms between your hand and anything else). So it must therefore count anyway : )

ghideon
08-09-2004, 01:14 PM
I have a HALO TSA LCD (Backman body style).

It's nice, but if you shoot fast I'd say get something else. It's gravity fed, so you're going to get 13bps or so out of it. It takes two 9volts, and has options to adjust the sensitivity of the sound activation (I always leave mine on Auto), open/closed bolt style of marker, game timer, shot counter, motor spin speed (hi/med/low) and motor spin duration.

All neat little options that I never play with.

If you shoot fast, get a Reloader B. I love mine (only using my TSA cause I'm waiting for the Reloader B to be fixed).