PDA

View Full Version : I didnt know stainless steel could snap in halve (help)

ramenjames
08-08-2004, 12:18 AM
so im playing today.....and my mag breaks down (stops shooting in the middle of the game)
so i look and i see that the trigger isnt returning ......im thinking its an on/off problem or the air isnt getting to the gun ......i unscrew my co2 tank (running it on c02 untill i get my hpa tank rehydroed) and i see my field strip screw lying on the ground.......so i try to screw it in.....it falls out...i call my self out and i realize my screw is broken....... and it is stuck in my valve

i need to send it in to AGD so the can fix it

it dosent have any stars ./......but i think it was made before the star thing ....so it would have 2 right? (its an old air valve)

how do i send it in to AGD so fix it?

also its really inconsitant (today in co2 it was getting 60 + - over the corony and gets like 30 + - with hpa) they can fix that right?

thanks.......(ok i can sleep now)

BlackVCG
08-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Is the field strip screw broke off to where the threaded portion of the screw is flush with the valve? If so, take a pencil and push the eraser against the broke off part of the screw in the valve and twist it CCW to unscrew it. The friction from the eraser should be enough to back it out to where you can unscrew it the rest of the way with your fingers.

If you can't get it yourself, you can send it to me and I can take care of it. :)

ramenjames
08-08-2004, 01:02 PM
yea it is flush with teh valve

i will try the eraser thing
do you know the type of screw that works as the field strip screw? (lenth and thread type) so i can go the the hardware store and buy one?> it will take too long to order off of teh net

ramenjames
08-08-2004, 05:53 PM
great idea on the eraser thing

some people at teh field recomemded
A using a demil to cut a slot in it so it could be unscrewd with a screw driver

B drilling a hole in ther screw and then using an easyout

your method=best

any info on the screw tho?

BlackVCG
08-08-2004, 05:54 PM
You won't find a field strip screw at a hardware store. You're going to need to order it from AGD.

You can in the interm use a Allen-head cap screw with a small diameter washer. The thread size is 10-32.

SeeK
08-08-2004, 06:21 PM
great idea on the eraser thing

some people at teh field recomemded
A using a demil to cut a slot in it so it could be unscrewd with a screw driver

B drilling a hole in ther screw and then using an easyout

your method=best

any info on the screw tho?

C Carefully superglue a smaller screw to the broken piece.

50 cal
08-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Get in touch with someone at a local machine shop. They can use an easy out to get the broken screw out pretty easily.

ramenjames
08-09-2004, 12:41 AM
i got it out with the eraser...i just want to know what kind of screw is used

Irelandunfree
08-10-2004, 10:54 AM
http://www.actvil.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=OVOYx9Hke3mYUpD81iVYb9tCcWAcR35LSCY=?Pro ductID=OC2sFAY79W4AAAD3pdulA_2s