PDA

View Full Version : Holy Freaking Loud Batman!!! -

Battlewear
08-08-2004, 12:55 AM
So, here it is, our new team went out to practice the other day and most of the guys dont have their own markers yet (super newbies)..

Any ways, there was about 4 of us who did.. We played for a few hours in an indoor Sup Airball field and at the end of the day I noticed just how much louder my mag is compared to the others..

One guy has a DM4, another has a 2k4 Cocker, another guy was running a spider Pilot..

I was rocking with my mag all day, and when I have played outdoors it didnt seem so loud but in there it was like a freaking cannon.. It crony'd ok but I am just wondering.. What can I do to make it a bit quieter? I remember one guy a few years back who had Mag and that thing WHISPERED!!! It was a very quiet puff puff puff deal.. SO SWEET!

Me? Frick I was scaring birds, 3 cities away!! LOL

Any suggestions? Or is this just a nature of a Mag and it was only my imagination and dream of owning a mag back then that made it seem so quiet...

** For information **

I am running a Minimag
Currently with a Stock barrel, but also have a SP AA barrel (sounds the same)
Beyond that, the marker is very stock except for the grip frame..

SniperSmurf
08-08-2004, 03:38 AM
The All American should be much quieter than the stock (non-ported) barrel. If you mean one of the stock ported barrels, then yeah, not much of a difference. Maybe try a longer front on the AA, if it's not one of the older glued ones that is. Do you have a lvl 10 or 7? I think my lvl 10s are quieter than my lvl 7s, but I could be imagining it!

Battlewear
08-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi there..

I have a stock 8 inch standard barrel with my minimag, but also a 12 inch AA barrel..

So far I haven't noticed a lot of difference in the sound but again, it was indoors with 1 barrel and outdoors with the other...

I left the AA barrel at home by accident last practice but plan on taking it for the next..

I am also currently running a Level 7.. As soon as I got the money I will be upgrading to the Level 10!!!

I am trying to change up my game from being the Front guy to a more silent stalker roll but still playing back on our team.. I would really like it if it was more PUFF PUFF then BANG BANG (BANG BANG (the echo's!! LOL))..

Hoping for some more help or suggestions :)

ramenjames
08-09-2004, 12:38 AM
i have a lv7 mag with a 12AA...its super quite....use the AA

or if you want to send me the stock barrel and some $ i can make you .....a "bang reducing device".....to mount on your barrel ........(its semi permanate tho) :ninja:

Cryer
08-09-2004, 01:13 AM
One thing I've noticed, is its alot louder to you because you're shooting it. If you have someone shoot at you (or near you) its alot quieter for some reason. Like the sound is directed back away from the gun

Battlewear
08-09-2004, 06:38 AM
i have a lv7 mag with a 12AA...its super quite....use the AA

or if you want to send me the stock barrel and some $ i can make you .....a "bang reducing device".....to mount on your barrel ........(its semi permanate tho) :ninja:

I'll try the 12" AA this week, I'll just pop in and do some test firing :)

Could of been just the stubby barrel...

Battlewear
08-09-2004, 06:40 AM
One thing I've noticed, is its alot louder to you because you're shooting it. If you have someone shoot at you (or near you) its alot quieter for some reason. Like the sound is directed back away from the gun

Hey Cryer

Well, I noticed it when some one else was using my marker.. I am the Captain and Coach for a Rookie team.. Only 1 other guy on the team has his own marker and so some one asked to use mine (also trying to convert a few more people to MAGS LOL)..

I could always tell where that player was on the field do to the loud bang in there.. I am going to give that AA barrel a try indoors and see how that sounds..

Of course I know that indoors it will sound different then outdoors but even still, the DM4 was just a whisper!! Amazing difference :) Dont get me wrong, I love that MAG! Dear god I cant wait for the hAir!! :)

abunkerer
08-09-2004, 10:27 AM
The stock automag barrels are the loudest barrels out there. You can get good deals on automag twistlock barrels these days, (under 20$) lots of online paintball stores are doing "closeouts" on them. Get any ported aluminum 14" barrel and you'll be good to go.

Battlewear
08-09-2004, 12:00 PM
The stock automag barrels are the loudest barrels out there. You can get good deals on automag twistlock barrels these days, (under 20$) lots of online paintball stores are doing "closeouts" on them. Get any ported aluminum 14" barrel and you'll be good to go.

I was thinking about that, also looking for a 16" barrel (they suggest 14 or 16 for tourney play right?)..

Just for fun I am taking my old Scenario silencer (which I dont think has any real effect other then looking cool) and see if it does ANY THING LOL.. A buddy of mine said that his dad does work with sound machines and has a DB reader, he is going to see if he can borrow it for a night to confirm what we find.. Would be interesting to know the Decibles that this puppy is putting out..

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
08-09-2004, 12:25 PM
the suggested longest length for a barrel is 12-14 because you loose effiency when theres too much porting, alot more air needed for the ball to reach the desired velocity

i use a 12 inch boomstick for pushing down airball bunkers
imo long barrels are very bulky

Irelandunfree
08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
I have the same set-up, Classic with 12" AA. I dry fire my gun in my 12' by 14' room and its only alittle bit louder then outside. The only thing I can guess is that you just noticed, was this the first time you have played indoors? Haha, you can always wrap the barrel in copper pipe insulation to make a ghetto silencer :p

Battlewear
08-09-2004, 10:46 PM
I have the same set-up, Classic with 12" AA. I dry fire my gun in my 12' by 14' room and its only alittle bit louder then outside. The only thing I can guess is that you just noticed, was this the first time you have played indoors? Haha, you can always wrap the barrel in copper pipe insulation to make a ghetto silencer :p

Hey there..

To be honest, not my first time playing in door. Have played lots, but has always been with my old marker..

Just got my mag and YES it was the first time indoors with it..
As for a ghetto silencer? I dont think so, I think I can cope :) LOL.

A guy I was talking to tonight said to get a J&J Ceramic barrel and that would help a ton.. No idea, but with enough people suggesting things I am sure I can come up with something LOL..

Snowball
08-15-2004, 08:51 PM
i use a 14" boomstick and it is quiet as can be...

brianlojeck
08-16-2004, 01:53 AM
I own (or used to, it's in a box on the way to Oysterboy right now) what may be the LOUDEST mag barrel ever made.

It's a crownpoint barrel that has basically no control bore. breech, about 1/2" to accelerate, and the crown points JUST clear a standard mag twistlock body.

not real accurate, but cool for hugging bunkers, and LOUD.

I've actually had refs pull me in the middle of a game, march me to the chrono station, and stare in amazement as the chrono reads 270.

to get outdoor velocities I had to crank my mag almost to the point of venting. Mags is real stable velocity-wise at that pressure. ;-)

matt-o
08-17-2004, 10:35 PM
i have no idea why but my x-valved emag is much quieter than my classic mag, i use a freak on the emag and an old style all american on the classic so the porting is almost identical, ones just louder :confused:

craltal
08-19-2004, 10:54 AM
One reason the DM4 is going to be quieter is that it runs at a much lower pressure.

the crown points are extremely loud. My Unibody has got to be the loudest marker I have ever heard, but what do you expect from a 4 1/2 inch barrel.

The quietest I've gotten with my mag is the freak back with the Site Mfg Carbon Fiber Stiffi front.

Nomad
08-20-2004, 12:22 AM
That's weird... I use a minimag with a really old AA barrel (like almost as old as I am) and we shot it shot by side with a Dragon Intimidator and a 2k3 cocker and my mag was just as quiet as both of them.

Did you try fitting the paint to the barrel? We were shooting Arctic Inferno paint that night and it fit all our barrels quite nicely. The other two were using Broomsticks so that may or may not have some bearing on this.

SpecialBlend2786
08-20-2004, 12:26 AM
heh, my stock minimag barrel was loud:)

After i swiched to a teardrop it was much quieter

abunkerer
08-20-2004, 12:32 AM
That's weird... I use a minimag with a really old AA barrel (like almost as old as I am) and we shot it shot by side with a Dragon Intimidator and a 2k3 cocker and my mag was just as quiet as both of them.

Did you try fitting the paint to the barrel? We were shooting Arctic Inferno paint that night and it fit all our barrels quite nicely. The other two were using Broomsticks so that may or may not have some bearing on this.

those oldschool AA's are nice! I have a black one on a classic mag that is very quiet

matt-o
08-20-2004, 11:57 AM
ive noticed that my mag is about as quiet as an lpr'd impulse, maybe a tad louder anywho thats not loud, but not quiet, this is with a freak

ojhspyro89
08-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Tippmann with stock barrel= Cannon

Those thins are so loud its unbeleivable. I havnt got to test my bko up to pressure yet sadly.

matt-o
08-20-2004, 01:48 PM
bko= loud
but not as loud as a 98, much better gun

warbeak2099
08-20-2004, 03:51 PM
My Tippy 98c w/ ebolt and lp kit was super quiet. I couldn't believe it was a Tippmann anymore lol.
My X-valved lvl 10 mag doesn't seem that loud to me but it also doesn't seem that quiet either. I love how it sounds. *Pow pow pow chuff chuff pow pow chuff pow pow pow*
My Lp E-Tippy was like *pachow pachow pachow pachow*
Lol, I could probably type a whole game:

"10 seconds!"
"3...2...1... gogogogogogogogo!!!"
"put put put put put put whap whap whap whap whap whap put put put put whap whap"
"He's in the rear left soda can!!! put put put whap whap whap"
"Where where??? I can't see anyone!!! whap whap whap aahh I'm pinned down!"
"put put put whap whap thwap... Got one at the fifty he's gone! Hey the damn kid's wiping! put put put thwap thwap thwap... now you're really out little bastard!"
"put put put thwap whap whap... ahh I'm out I'm out I'm out!"
"Crap Rob's out! put put put there's a guy in the snake, he's moving up the snake get him Pete!!!"
"Ok! put put put put put put whap whap whap thwap thwap whap... got him! swish swish swish... put put put put put put put put whap whap thwap whap whap thwap thwap thwap... I just got two more behind the 50 and the dorito, I'm behind em now!!!"
"put put put put put whap thwap whap whap thwap... got the guy in the left back soda can!"
"Gaaaame Overrrrrr!!!"

Lol, I got 3 outs. 2 of my other teammates got 1 out each. It was a 5 man game so 2 other of my buddies didn't get anyhting hehe. Sorry guys, but you did help pin them down. Maybe you'll get some outs next imaginary game...

matt-o
08-21-2004, 05:24 PM
sweet game i wish i could play like you!!!
:shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: