PDA

View Full Version : Possible Automag purchaser

Sticknes
08-08-2004, 06:07 PM
I am new to these forums, and im interested in purchasing an automag, what better place to get a feel for it all then here. I guess my question is, what base automag model should i get? I was guessing, building up from a 68 classic, which i hear is very upgradable :) . I would prefer a vertical feed, i have just had bad problemos with power feeds (spyders).

And from there, any off the bat, resonable upgrades for a rec/scenario player reccomandations are aprreciated.

Thanks alot and i hope to, with this advice start my ownership of an automag. :headbang:

Mr.Goodbar989
08-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the Forums!!!!

Upgrades I would buy

1. Level 10 low impact bolt kit - It stops all chopping!
2.AGD Intelliframe Grip Frame you can choose (Double or Blade) Trigger
3.ULE Centerfeed Mainbody its takes so much weight off the gun and looks nice too.
4.X VaLve - new lighter valve with a much easier trigger pull

Cryer
08-08-2004, 07:39 PM
How much money are you looking to spend to start off with?

IE just to have the gun to where you can play with it

coyote
08-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Level 10 and nitro if you don't already have it. The level 10 kit all but eliminates chopping. Mags aren't CO2 friendly, so air is prefferable.

From there everything is a matter of feel and perfference. Everyone and their brother seems to get an Intelliframe. They are nice enough, but I prefer the old CF single trigger. Barrels depend on the paint you shoot and what your greater priority is gas efficiecy or noise reduction. Lasty all the reactive valves offer greater BPS firepower.

Decide the qulaities you want, than it is easier to shop for those parts.

Tunaman
08-08-2004, 08:39 PM
I can tell you whatever you need to know about mags. Email me before you buy anything. ;)

Irelandunfree
08-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the boards man! I would walk in my shoes, just got a Classic PF a month ago and im falling in love. I would recommend non-cosmetic ups first, i.e....

-Level 10 - Dont bother buying a squeegie haha
-Nitrogen system
-Electronic Hopper

The LvL 10 and Tank set up can cost you $70 a pop if you choose to go with a basic air system. I would recommend searching the classifieds, you can get some good deals there. Also ive played with a 16oz Co2 tank so far and the gun has performed perfectly, so if you cant spend money on a Nitrogen Tank dont sweat it.

Cryer
08-08-2004, 09:12 PM
I can tell you whatever you need to know about mags. Email me before you buy anything. ;)
^Your best resource^

ryanshep
08-09-2004, 12:53 AM

never go wrong with tuna

and if ur looking to buy a cheap nitro tank i can sell u my 47/3k steel for pretty cheap but u would probably want a bigger tank but if ur wallet is thin.... ;)

Sticknes
08-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Thank you gentlemen. Im almost convinced I will purchase a mag.

Sticknes
08-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Any one see that deal on airgun.com? the one for the rt pro lvl 10 and x valve standard, i think thats just what i need, if anyone can go in to further detail about this setup please do, for agd's contact email is "overflowed".

Carbon Blue
08-12-2004, 04:13 PM
cant go wrong with Tuna

KC
08-12-2004, 06:08 PM
about the "deal" If your talking about the RT PRO ULE CUSTOME then ya its a great deal and a great way to start off... only problem is that gun wont run on co2... i already have a classic but i picked one of the RT PRO ULE CUSTOMEs up because the gun has 400-500 worth of upgrades in it and it stats out at 340. if you want specs on what i did or why just ask... my buddy ordered one also, i will let you know in a day or so what we think of em.

R.I.P. xmag :(

Sticknes
08-12-2004, 07:02 PM
I have a compressed air tank, steel bottle, 3000 psi, dont know the ci off top of my head, its small. What is the output on this thing? will it work on this rt pro custom? do i need a regulator?

VC8228
08-12-2004, 07:34 PM
I have a compressed air tank, steel bottle, 3000 psi, dont know the ci off top of my head, its small. What is the output on this thing? will it work on this rt pro custom? do i need a regulator?

It probably has an output of around 800, and it should work just fine on the RT Custom. Do not get a regulator for your mags, mags alsready have a ragulator in the valve I beleive, and a second regulator will hinder the performance.

Sticknes
08-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Excellent, I guess im about ready to go ahead with my purchase of that rt pro custom deal, still bouncing around a few other offers though.

Does that package come with a warranty(stars)?

Do i get all the stock parts also?

Do i get manuals and or a video on mantinece?

Do i get a parts kit with the marker?

And about this barrel, the ULE barrel is out of stock.. wht should i do?

What do you think of a green ule body, black and silver/chrome color scheme?

desslock
08-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Hey Stickness, welcome to AO Im sure you will be happy with a mag, Def talk to Tuna he knows what he is talking about. I dont know if u had ur heart set on a new mag but....(insert shamless plug here)..check this out

>polished PF emag body
>black stock mag rail
>emag valve w/lvl10
>ULT kit
>black intelli w/blade & black stickies
>32 degree blue gas thru grip on AGD asa
>including halo tsa backman not the one with the screen lcd? led? i always get them confused
>3 barrells included, all american barrell, j&j ceramic barell and old school agd barrell
>macro lined with swivel 90 elbows, all you need is a tank and a mask!
>all barrells have plastic nubs, lvl10 includes all carriers and 2 shims.I think I have every ULT shim in the ULT. Shoots nice

Im asking for $300 or obo for the whole shabang.

Sticknes
08-17-2004, 05:02 PM
Anyone have feedback on the rtule custom?

and wht do i do about a hopper on the cf body? will a VL revvy fit?

bunker17
08-17-2004, 09:04 PM
the rt custom are real nice i got one of them in read and it works perfectly. I think tuna could fix you one up he has a really nice reputation around here

personman
08-17-2004, 09:36 PM
My friend bought a custom rt pro off airgun.com and it shoots great. He loves it.
A revy fits great in there..

Sticknes
08-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Im debating a green one, but it might be too shiny for my style, yet black everything(body valve triger frame) is dull. Ahh decisions :mad:

Sticknes
08-23-2004, 06:12 PM
OK lets say that i want this rtulecustom, and i currenlty have a steel bottle 45ci 3000 psi air tank, and a revy hopper..

Is there anything else i would need to use my marker to its full potential or for my ease of use?

How about a learning curve, i emaild the factory and they said they tune it and everything withthe x valve and lvl 10, Does anyone have any evidence of the opposite?

Im used to striping spyders, how doyou think ill do with this setup? :confused: