PDA

View Full Version : Ok, someone tell me why not

Lohman446
08-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Ok... my mag has been frurstrating me. The part going into the solenoid to fire it, was out of place, and the marker would not fire well. I spent four hours getting this into teh right spot... and the marker has now annoyed me. For one the safety popped out of palce.

IMO SP, if you can get by there business practices, makes an awesome marker in the Shocker. For $800 I can get a new Vision shocker and freak kit. Someone tell me why not?

Skoad
08-08-2004, 06:47 PM
sounds like your looking for excuses.

go ahead and buy one, it's your money.

NJPaint
08-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Ok... my mag has been frurstrating me. The part going into the solenoid to fire it, was out of place, and the marker would not fire well. I spent four hours getting this into teh right spot... and the marker has now annoyed me. For one the safety popped out of palce.

IMO SP, if you can get by there business practices, makes an awesome marker in the Shocker. For $800 I can get a new Vision shocker and freak kit. Someone tell me why not?

No reason not to. Just FYI, shockers can have problems just like virtually every other marker out there. I have seen a few myself and have personally had my fair share of E-mag problems.

ilikePB
08-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Here is your reason: you can get a real nice used Viking for $800. So, if you are gunna buy another gun skip the Shocker and go with a Viking. If you had problems with a E-Mag you will really have problems with a Shocker. Not that Shockers are unreliable, but that E-Mags are some of the most reliable guns along with AKA that are at tournament level. Ok, so I'm biased. Owning and shooting a Viking will make you go :D .

hAppy
08-08-2004, 07:20 PM
If you want to get rid of the "broken" emag for cheap. PM me.

Anyways, go for a different gun. Just don't go Smart Parts. Go something else.

TeamNausea
08-08-2004, 07:24 PM
dont listen to all these ppl that say "forget sp man they suxor" but for the money do what i did and get a dye trix.

Lohman446
08-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Frankly, I dont see anyone else who makes as good of a gun for the same money as the Shocker - or the Imp. Someone show me. I dont want to go AKA because Im worried about support issues. And if were discussing offers on teh e-mag, it was shooting last time today...I have it adjusted right it had just annoyed me. Check the for sale threads and you will find it is already up for offers. IT just seems I never go a week wtihout having to do something.

ilikePB
08-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Frankly, I dont see anyone else who makes as good of a gun for the same money as the Shocker - or the Imp. Someone show me. I dont want to go AKA because Im worried about support issues.
For a price comparison against the Imp, I'd go with a B2K4, although a bit more expensive, I think they are better for the money. For a comparison against Shocker, I'd go with a Freestyle. As for the AKA support issue, that's not an issue. AKA was around before the Viking and Excalibur and will be around for a while to come. They support all their products and will help you with anything you need in a very timely fashion. I'm not against Smart Parts, I think the Shocker is a nice gun, it's just my personal opinion that there are better guns out for the money.

WenULiVeUdiE
08-08-2004, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=Lohman446] Someone show me. I dont want to go AKA because Im worried about support issues.QUOTE]

What are you worried about? They still support their markers, even though they stopped production. In fact, I believe it is required by law to support products for a certain amount of time after they have been discountinued.

personman
08-08-2004, 07:38 PM
dont listen to all these ppl that say "forget sp man they suxor" but for the money do what i did and get a dye trix.
Um, nobody has said that yet.
Lohman: Well I dont have much to say except for your last comment "Frankly, I dont see anyone else who makes as good of a gun for the same money as the Shocker - or the Imp."
The impulse is, IMO and many others oppinion, inferior to the Bushmaster. The bushmaster is cheaper, higher quality and comes with more. Better customer service as well.
The Shocker, well I havent shot one of those so I really cant say anything about it or recommend a better gun. But I dont like the looks of 'em, and judging from the quality of the previous SP products I've owned, I dont want anything to do with them.

magmonkey
08-08-2004, 08:33 PM
ok why.....

we as consumers have the power in the sport, it is in our wallets
what SP is doing is moraly wrong, people in this industry have broken their backs to get the sport where it is and companys like AGD,ICD and the like are getting screwed out of what they helped to create, I don't know if it is that most of the people are to young to remember or just don't care, but but these comapnys and people deserve our respect.

so why on earth if you had any other option would you support a company that is slitting the throats of everyone who helped the sport get to where it is?

people will say it is good bussiness, I say BULL S.
SP is doing NOTHING good for the industry or the players... it is that they want to get rich on somthing they have ALMOST no right to

spend your money where you will but just remember that you have control over where our sport goes and how it grows.... do you want to tell everyone that this should be acceptable or will you use your money to support a company that actulaly has done something good for us

tom could have ground the technology to a halt by patenting any numer of things he has designed for the sport but he wanted to see us grow

I have been involved since 1989, and I have alway been optimistic about where we are going....... until this year. I left IAO very depressed after talking to some of the coolest people in the sport, people I have looked up to for the last 15 or so years I had long conversations with Tom, Glenn Palmer,Ms. Dobbs from ICD, Larry,Aaron,Eileene,and Pooh from AKA,and all these people are all hurt by this in bigger ways than just $$$

like I said do what you want but it means more to alot of people than just the marker you shoot

Alan
DC

RoboBeaver
08-08-2004, 08:46 PM
forg3t smart parts, they sux0r :D

Lohman446
08-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Let me say that I know well the argument against SPs business practices... and I am not going to tell you they are wrong.

What I would like is a good, functional reason, why the Shocker is not a pretty good marker for the $800 it costs

ilikePB
08-08-2004, 08:59 PM
What I would like is a good, functional reason, why the Shocker is not a pretty good marker for the $800 it costs

I think it is a good marker for $825 with vision, but I think the Freestyle is a better marker for $850.

tyrion2323
08-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Frankly, I dont see anyone else who makes as good of a gun for the same money as the Shocker - or the Imp. Someone show me.

It's one thing to want an SP marker. It's another thing to try and pull off an blatant falsity like this to justify it. Do you want an SP marker? Then get one.

However, let's recap on how "good" these guns really are:

The stock impulse is one of the worst electros to date. The trigger sticks, rubs and is unfinished. The imp burps and gets major first shot drop off. I have used and been around Imps quite a bit, and I can tell you that I've seen more problems with Imps than I've seen with almost any other marker out there. NOTE: I said "almost." In order to get a decent Imp, you're going to have to upgrade the trigger, add either a tape-worm (to help it, ya know, recock) or an LPR (to rid it of FSDO) and upgrade the internals in order to get a smoother running marker. I'm sorry, but there's no way that you're going to get away with praising the Impulse as one of the best markers out there. A heavily upgraded Impulse? Sure. Definitely not a stock or slightly modded one.

The stock Shocker has also caused its share of waves with users. From poor consistency to poor manufacturing to a crappy eye system, I've met and read reviews from some very unhappy users. Now, with that said, once SP got their s**t together to actually install the bolt correctly and fix some of the electrical problems, the shocker has become quite a decent marker. The spool valve certainly is a beautiful thing.

Again, I'm not bashing these markers. They CAN be great markers, if well maintained and upgraded. BUT, when you say something along the lines of what you said, you're asking for a thwacking. Here are the names of some companies whose markers ARE that good:

AGD - stock automags outperform every mechanical out there. Period. With adjustable trigger weight and reactivity, there's nothing out there as reliable as a 'mag.

Evil - the omen works simply and flawlessly. As long as you can read (hard for some, I know) you can operate an Omen with 0 chops. It costs about $100 less than either a Bushy or Impulse and can fire just as fast without chops.

ICD - The Bushmasters work almost the same as Impulses, but come with more refined hardware.

AKA - I don't have any experience with AKA markers, so I'll just say that there must be a reason for its extremely loyal fan-base.

There ya go, I showed ya.

Automaggot68
08-08-2004, 09:32 PM
It's one thing to want an SP marker. It's another thing to try and pull off an blatant falsity like this to justify it. Do you want an SP marker? Then get one.

However, let's recap on how "good" these guns really are:

The stock impulse is one of the worst electros to date. The trigger sticks, rubs and is unfinished. The imp burps and gets major first shot drop off. I have used and been around Imps quite a bit, and I can tell you that I've seen more problems with Imps than I've seen with almost any other marker out there. NOTE: I said "almost." In order to get a decent Imp, you're going to have to upgrade the trigger, add either a tape-worm (to help it, ya know, recock) or an LPR (to rid it of FSDO) and upgrade the internals in order to get a smoother running marker. I'm sorry, but there's no way that you're going to get away with praising the Impulse as one of the best markers out there. A heavily upgraded Impulse? Sure. Definitely not a stock or slightly modded one.

The stock Shocker has also caused its share of waves with users. From poor consistency to poor manufacturing to a crappy eye system, I've met and read reviews from some very unhappy users. Now, with that said, once SP got their s**t together to actually install the bolt correctly and fix some of the electrical problems, the shocker has become quite a decent marker. The spool valve certainly is a beautiful thing.

Again, I'm not bashing these markers. They CAN be great markers, if well maintained and upgraded. BUT, when you say something along the lines of what you said, you're asking for a thwacking. Here are the names of some companies whose markers ARE that good:

AGD - stock automags outperform every mechanical out there. Period. With adjustable trigger weight and reactivity, there's nothing out there as reliable as a 'mag.

Evil - the omen works simply and flawlessly. As long as you can read (hard for some, I know) you can operate an Omen with 0 chops. It costs about $100 less than either a Bushy or Impulse and can fire just as fast without chops.

ICD - The Bushmasters work almost the same as Impulses, but come with more refined hardware.

AKA - I don't have any experience with AKA markers, so I'll just say that there must be a reason for its extremely loyal fan-base.

There ya go, I showed ya.

I could not have said it better

ilikePB
08-08-2004, 09:42 PM

A very good reason, or 2 or 3 or more. :D