PDA

View Full Version : Evolution 2! any opinions!?

Carbon Blue
08-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey whats up!? As i stated in my other post i was having problems with my xboarded VL and plan on upgrading to the evolution 2. Ive heard nothing but good reviews from this loader since it has a force fed design. Ive ran into guys that have ebladed cockers or ir3 angels and they love em. The only complaint that ive heard so far is the weak battery lid. What are your experiences/opinions?

Skoad
08-08-2004, 07:53 PM
not just a weak battery lid, weak shell.

multiple times i picked up my evo and see chunks missing out of it for no reason. Mostly on the screw area near the feedneck. I also did bust a battery door, but theres mods to fix that.

Reason the battery doors bust is because the batteries themselves push extremely hard against the door, which busts it at the hinge.

It worked ok for me for a year or so before i replaced it with a halo.

tippmannsniper-
08-08-2004, 07:53 PM
i love mine it hasnt broken yet though does anyone no the mod to make the battery door less prone to breaking

ilikePB
08-08-2004, 07:56 PM
If you don't need anything faster than 16-18bps I'd pick an Apache over an Egg with Z board(I have both so it's not biased), it feeds a bit faster and has way stronger shells. If you need something faster I'd go with a Halo B. If you want an Egg or Apache, I have both for sale, send me an IM or PM.

ilikePB
08-08-2004, 07:57 PM
i love mine it hasnt broken yet though does anyone no the mod to make the battery door less prone to breaking
Tape the heck outta it, that's what I do :D

Carbon Blue
08-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Tape the heck outta it, that's what I do :D
lol the guy who i talked to who had the ir3 had duct tape all over the thing. haha

Carbon Blue
08-08-2004, 08:14 PM
ive never heard of this apache loader. Does anyone have any pics? is it force fed? who makes these? thanks

FromTheBack
08-08-2004, 08:23 PM
The Apache is a type of Ricochet hopper, and I have read some very good things about the newest one but I am not too sure on that because I have heard that if you are going to get one, they aren't that great and it would be better to just get a halo. And as for the egg, I have used one when I left my halo at home and it worked alright, but it had duct tape on it just like mentioned before.

RoboBeaver
08-08-2004, 08:29 PM
me and my friend were playin in some woods acouple weeks back, cause we were short on cash for the field, and we were attacking the other team, and we got pinned down. he has a orracle with an eggy, and he shot like 3 times and the hopper jammed up and was just spinning not loading any balls, so he hit it afew times to try and unjam it, and the battery door popped off, and we got lit the hell up, lol

i dont like the eggies, ive shot with eggies and halo b's and the halos are made alot better, the eggys are really cheap plastic, and they are kinda big, allso all the wieght is at the back of the loader becuase the feedneck is at the front, and ive seen a feedneck snap in two before at my local field.

i dont like em id go with a halo b

ilikePB
08-08-2004, 08:30 PM
The Apache uses the a very similar feed idea as the Egg. However it feeds a constant 18bps, whereas the Egg with Z board feeds more like a constant 16bps. Also, the Apache shells are way tougher than the Egg.

TDonovan
08-08-2004, 09:05 PM
If you want to get an evolution 2, just save yourself the trouble and get a Ricochet Apache.

Supposedly feeds just as fast, much better shell, reliable, great company backing it up. If you DO have a problem, they're arguably the best hopper company (support wise) and would be glad to help you out.

That will be my next hopper if I need to upgrade from my 12v Empire Reloader.

ilikePB
08-08-2004, 09:13 PM
If you want to get an evolution 2, just save yourself the trouble and get a Ricochet Apache.

Supposedly feeds just as fast, much better shell, reliable, great company backing it up. If you DO have a problem, they're arguably the best hopper company (support wise) and would be glad to help you out.

Very true, but it feeds faster. Everything else you said is true. Like I said I have both, so I know from experience.

penguinpunk555
08-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Get a Halo.

SlipknotX556
08-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Yeah, get a halo, I hated me evo, broke the first day I used it, battery cover broke off, had to buy new shells.

wobbles82
08-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Just rock the Revvy man. Ha, but seriously, if ya want something faster, ya prolly should just get the Halo. I dont prefer the Egg or the Halo, but as of now..id rather take a Halo. My Egg just always felt weird on my Timmy, fed fine and all, just didnt have a right feel. The Halo is a tad heavier, and sorta bulkiesh but it balances out a bit better.

As for now, if my revvy is working, I will use it. I . Love. Revvy. 's.

chasden
08-08-2004, 09:40 PM
I been using an Egg for almost two years now and I have to say I it's been a really positive experience. Faster and better looking than my old revvy, and holds about 200 balls. I just bought a second Egg to replace my old one, and i noticed the new one has thicker plastic around the screws (good) and the metal lid screws have been replaced with plastic ones (bad). I don't think you can go wrong with an Egg -- and at $70 or so the price is right.

hAppy
08-08-2004, 09:42 PM
I've owned SEVERAL eggys, none of which have failed me. My hopper of choice. I chose it over a Halo. The weight was set to the back of the gun, keeping it balanced, rather than having all the weight in the front of the gun making it very heavy and unbalanced.

MarkM
08-09-2004, 06:39 AM
An Egg II even with a Z Board are NOT force feed loaders as they still rely on gravity..there is a slight pulse in the software and due to the soft padles this imparts a small amount of pressure on the ball stack but nowhere enough to be called a force feed loader. I own one and I still got gaps in the feed so went straight back to my Halo. The strange lid opening aside as I could have got used to that but not the lack of feed rate. The weight differences are slight but then I do use Lithium batterys in my Halo and despite the increased costs of these batterys they last way longer than others so that evens the cost out.

Carbon Blue
08-09-2004, 03:01 PM
The halo for me is out of the question, ive heard and seen to many horror stories from them that the last thing i would want to deal with on the field is having problems with my hopper. But i have seen when they actually work that they are awesome! The price is just a little too high right now for me. I plan on going with the Ricochet because i dont plan on shooting 20bps without sweetspotting anytime soon. Unless someone wants to give me 325$ for an x valve :)

trex
08-10-2004, 01:12 PM
If you buy an egg, make sure to buy alot of replacement parts (battery doors, lids, shells, feednecks, etc.) I've broken all of these multiple times. Finally gave up and got an Apache. No problems since then.

trex

The Action Figure
08-10-2004, 01:17 PM
never broke mine, ever. but I like my halo better

boggerman
08-10-2004, 01:40 PM
I've been using my eggo for a little less than a year with no problems. Somewhere on here the is a thread where BlackVCG talks about some minor mods to make your egg live longer. They include sanding the little + shaped things on the battery door to lessen the pressure the batteries put on the door, shortening the feedneck to decrease the leverage the loader has on the neck (cuts down on neck breakage) and removing the springs on the lid to help prevent lid breakage. I did the first two but left the lid springs on and so far have had no problems. The y board seems to keep up with my 3.2 emag or my eblade just fine.

68magOwner
08-10-2004, 01:58 PM
there very slow, very weak plastic, ugly, just not good at all, get an apache or a halo

hAppy
08-10-2004, 02:12 PM
there very slow, very weak plastic, ugly, just not good at all, get an apache or a halo
I don't know... them Yboards are pretty damn fast. I been using eggys for all types of electros, feeds nicely. Apache are slower and LOUD. Halos are heavy, they also put they weight near the front of the gun.

Fade
08-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Z-Boarded Egg2's are great Back-up hoppers to Halo B's. Although the Halo is a bit heavier, it is definitely more reliable to the egg2. The Egg2 that a few team mates use have, changed shells and battery lids and lids a few times already. If that was my Egg2, I would have sold it and bought a Halo by the 1st time I changed all 3 exterior parts of the egg2.

But thats just me, get what ever you think is worth it.

ilikePB
08-10-2004, 03:35 PM
I don't know... them Yboards are pretty damn fast. I been using eggys for all types of electros, feeds nicely. Apache are slower and LOUD. Halos are heavy, they also put they weight near the front of the gun.
That is not true. I own both an Apache and a Egg with Z board. The Apache feeds 2 or 3bps faster constantly than a Z boarded Egg. Also, it's not loud. You must be thinking of some other Ricochet loader. Either way, I'm selling both and getting a Halo B or Empire Reloader B. Neither the Egg with Z board or the Apache is fast enough for a Viking with WAS.

68magOwner
08-10-2004, 04:04 PM
i had a halo, apache, egg, empire reloader, the apache was faster/lighter/more consistent than the egg, also a Y boarded egg isnt fast at all, mabey a consistent 14bps? up to 16-17 bursts and the halo is heavy and weight the gun funny, but so does the egg with all the weight of the paint on the back, the egg also causes most guns to have more kick becasue off all the weight in the back, and the extra speed of the halo is DEFINATELY worth the extra weight

1ofkind
08-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Eggy 2 hacks the job, halo does it pretty we'll. I think the real weakness of a eggy is fast sudden bursts. I feel its because this hopper is a gravity feed hopper and will begin at 12 bps then prob increase to 18 - 19 2 secs later. Apposed to the halo which has forcefeed and actually feeds faster on bursts (up to 55 bps.)

If your really into shooting over 14 bps then the eggy2 will let you down it you dont have somekind of antichop method. Other than that for 70$ your crazy not to buy one over a halo if your low on cash!

jtm560
08-10-2004, 04:32 PM
ive never heard of this apache loader. Does anyone have any pics? is it force fed? who makes these? thanks

yes it is force fed

and here r some pics of it,

http://www.pbportal.de/files/news/2004/Apache3.jpg

http://www.cjspaintball.com/Tournaments/Mardigras/pictures/DSCF0018.JPG

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/apache/agitator2.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/apache/batteries.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/apache/apache.jpg

ilikePB
08-10-2004, 04:35 PM
yes it is force fed
No it's not. It feeds almost identical to an Egg. It just pushes balls into the feed tube, it does not put force on them, I know, I have one.

jtm560
08-10-2004, 04:38 PM
i had the same qestion :)

i decited to get the apachie , if u want one they r cheap at this site

http://www.anythingxtreme.com/PBproduct.aspx?SID=1&Product_ID=3891&Category_ID=1476

jtm560
08-10-2004, 04:41 PM
No it's not. It feeds almost identical to an Egg. It just pushes balls into the feed tube, it does not put force on them, I know, I have one.

it forces them in the hole just like a eggy, if it has a cup then it is most likey a force feed loader

ilikePB
08-10-2004, 05:05 PM
it forces them in the hole just like a eggy, if it has a cup then it is most likey a force feed loader
That's not the meaning of force feed. Force feed is when it pushes the balls in the feedtube and puts pressure on the stack. The Egg and Apache push/force the balls into the feedtube, but after that it is left to gravity, they don't put force on the stack in the feedneck. The only force feed loaders I know of are the Halo, Warpfeed, and the Q Loader.

jtm560
08-10-2004, 08:04 PM
That's not the meaning of force feed. Force feed is when it pushes the balls in the feedtube and puts pressure on the stack. The Egg and Apache push/force the balls into the feedtube, but after that it is left to gravity, they don't put force on the stack in the feedneck. The only force feed loaders I know of are the Halo, Warpfeed, and the Q Loader.

ok i c ur point :headbang:

ilikePB
08-10-2004, 08:10 PM
ok i c ur point :headbang:
Cool. I wasn't trying to be jerk or anything. Just pointing out what I have learned.

NoLifeLeft
08-10-2004, 10:19 PM
O.K. Me and some of the people i work with have noticed that the eggalutions do break shells a lot but we only see broken ones that are smoke or clear. We all have black eggys and have loved them. It seems like the transparent plastic is WAY more brittle. So whos had trouble with what color shells?

68magOwner
08-10-2004, 10:21 PM
eggs and apache are sudo-force feed, the do put pressure on teh ball, but dont keep constant pressure like a halo, not really force fed