PDA

View Full Version : x-VALVE w/ Stock trigger frame Question.

spawnboy
08-09-2004, 07:45 AM
I have a stock AGD trigger frame with just a single trigger and I'm having trouble with it going reactive. Any one have this set up or expeirence in this topic please help.

Thanks,

spawner

mfalcone15
08-09-2004, 09:10 AM
i just got my RT-ULE at IAO. It took a little tuning, but it works perfect now for me, i had to use a lot of shims though, especially in the on/off, i have the ULT in it though. is ur tank an adjustable output? the higher the output the more reactive i think, correct me if i'm wrong.

Chronobreak
08-09-2004, 09:53 AM
yeah what kinf of tank u using, ult?,more than 1,000 psi in tank? well oiled?

spawnboy
08-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Well, it's not mine so yeah I'm the guy getting it running from a new start.
I oiled it a lot and the tank is a maxflo with psi at 900, my scuba is low and only filling at about 1000. No ult....I'm sure my velocity is up cuz the nut is close to as far as it can go on the valve. If i tighten it any more it starts to leak out the back.

Chronobreak
08-09-2004, 01:41 PM
really think that u need some more air.. take the on/off out and the pin too and get some oil isndie their..also what spring?

spawnboy
08-09-2004, 02:26 PM
the longest one i believe, with the clipped end.

§pawner

Chronobreak
08-09-2004, 02:27 PM
red or silver ? id use red or gold til the valve is broke in better how many shims in ult?
did u cahnge anything from when it was sent to u ...they are pretty reactive out of the box most teh time

spawnboy
08-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Its the goldish spring that's clipped, I think 3 shims in the valve.

Ok so im not the first to toy with it. Who ever had thier hands on it first didn't spend much time and had to small a carrier and the main spring in it. 2 shims and it has sat for months till now.

Chronobreak
08-09-2004, 03:19 PM
ide try the red spring,largest carrier that doesnt leak,oil it well. more input=more reactivity its also ALOT easier to sweetspot with a double trigger. 1 shim is recomended unles teh bolt doesnt return after a shortstroke or pinch then add 1 i dont think u should use more than two shims. and adj velocity accordingly as well u should be set to go