PDA

View Full Version : L10 Power Tube O-Ring

deadeye9
08-09-2004, 09:19 AM
My X-mag started to leak (down the barrel) so I replaced the L10 o-ring with one of the spares I recently received. It still leaked even with the smallest carrier. I found an extra o-ring from the original L10 kit, put it in, no leaking with a carrier size of one line and one dot. I tested the carrier (off valve) as per the Level 10 Guide and there's no way the new o-rings are going to seal even with the smallest carrier. Is there a problem with the newer o-rings? Anyone else have this problem?

xen_100
08-09-2004, 02:42 PM
where did you get the replacement o-ring? I would suggest that someone gave you the wrong oring.

deadeye9
08-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Got them from AGD. Part number 844. I'm going to check each one (I've got 20) tonight.
The replacement o-rings look different from the ones that came with the L10.

deadeye9
08-09-2004, 07:55 PM
There is definitely a problem with the 844 o-rings. I tried all 20 recently purchased o-rings and none made a good seal even with the smallest carrier. (I placed the o-ring in the carrier and then slid it on the power tube to check tightness.) I then tried 4 that were purchased several months ago, all were tight. I can't tell any difference, they appear to have the same outer diameter, inner diameter, and thickness. I'm at a loss to explain it. I hope AGD will test some 844's to confirm or repute my findings.

xen_100
08-09-2004, 08:08 PM
I would definately call them and get some new orings. they may have gotten the wrong ones, or even been given the wrongs ones from the vendor. it doesn't take more than a .001" difference to throw it all off and that is tough to see with your eye.

shatter_storm
08-10-2004, 07:46 PM
Chalk another problem up to oversized carrier o-rings - the xvalve I recieved from AGD this month had three orings that wouldn't seal even with the smallest carrier.

Borrowed an o-ring from a friend, sealed fine and the mag works again.

deadeye9
08-11-2004, 07:49 AM
Hey AGD! Anybody there read this post? Let's get this problem resolved.
Did AGD change manufacturers? Maybe it's just a bad batch.

the electrician
08-11-2004, 09:48 PM
as long as you're NOT using CO2, you can just go to the hardware store and get black buna-n o-rings from the plumbing section. theseare cheap, fast, seal very easily, and have less friction doing it.

I believe they are 3/16" ID and 5/16" OD. just take an o-ring with you and match it up.
I think you'll like the results.