PDA

View Full Version : Rail question

trains are bad
08-09-2004, 09:52 AM
I've never run a rail before, right now I have a chunk of square aluminum acting as a no-drop for my flatline.

I am getting a dynaflow tank, so I need a rail. I understand the tank slides on and tightens with setscrews. But if the rail is bolted to the grip frame, how do you get to the setscrews? I'm confused here.

What are the dimensions of the standard paintball dovetail? What is a good cheap rail to get?

tony3
08-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Their are several types of rails, there is the standard rail and at the end of it, it was a set screw to attach it to. Then there is the shocktech/hybird/centerflag rail, basically it has a set screw on the side of the rail, and when you screw it in, it forces a ball bearing/metal stopper downward clamping to the asa/tank. Then we got the cp rail/system x/bob long rail which is a rail and then the inside is hollowed out for the screws to go, and it has 3 set screws on the side of the gun, and when you screw them inward it tightens down the rail. These last ones are my favorite since they don't scratch anything up.

Good cheap rail, try to find the AA armmegdon rail, www.888paintball.com sells them for 10 bucks I think, not sure if they sell them anymore. If you want to spend alittle more, find a cp mini rail that has the 3 set screws. They run about 20 dollars.

trains are bad
08-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Ok cool there is all sort of trickery that makes it possible. Thanks.