PDA

View Full Version : Dealer's Deals and Private Deals

scrumpy
08-09-2004, 11:24 AM
In my quest to decide how much money to bring to shatnerball, thus deciding how much I work in the next few weeks I have come up with a few questions. First off I'd like to inquire about how the market of paintball products is there. Are there lots of sweet deals there? For example would it be worth it to wait to buy a ULE body there or buy one off of the trader's forum now? And if I wanted to pick up a 68/3000 tank would I be better off buying new off of the internet or buying new at shatnerball from a dealer's tent?
Thanks for your help.
Scrumpy

slasherdan
08-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Get all hardware before you hit the field. The paint might be cheaper ... but markers and accessories are marked up.

Last year ... like a complete idiot, I forgot to bring my hopper. We get to EMR ... I crap my pants .... and proceed to purchase a Empire Reloader from the Gunslingers tent for $80 plus some singles and change.

I paid twice what I normally would have.

I looked at the other tents first and didn't find anything that I liked. So I ended up buying what I already had and knew how it worked.

Gratned the EMR store was selling 88ci 4500psi Nitro Duck tanks for just under $200 brand new .... but I had to blow my money on the friggin' hopper.

The paint should be $60 is their bring in the outside vendors like last year ... might be a little more, but I think it would still be cheaper than CPX normal paint price for cheap paint.

scrumpy
08-10-2004, 12:59 PM
So were the nitro duck tanks a pretty good deal then? Because that's my main thing that I need, but I'm debating wheather to buy used now or new there...

slasherdan
08-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Just because he got a good deal from the field last year doesn't mean you'll see it at CPX.

check the sites for good new deals. Buying used can sometimes end really bad for the buyer.

Muzikman
08-11-2004, 02:28 AM
I am sure AGD will have some good deals, but I can not say what other vendors will be there.

tasker89
08-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Scrumpy,

CenterFlag Paintball is local to the area and we will be attending the event. We should have some decent deals on all of our HPA systems and secondary regulators.

Adam

SeeK
08-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Most of the experienced players probably will have all their extra equipment just in case and may part with it if they see something they want at the dealers' tents.