PDA

View Full Version : New gun from AKA?

Steelrat
08-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Taken from the AKA forums.

You can't see it in this pic, but the gun appears to have eblade grips on it, if not an eblade frame. Looks kinda like a bushmaster, but the front is not a bushy front, and it seems to have an aka bolt pin. Plus it has a BP no rider, meaning AKA threaded feed tube. Any ideas? Is this the marker that AKA is going to use to avoid the SP issue, and is it doing so by using an eblade grip frame? Hmmm.

http://www.teamwiseguyspaintball.com/icc/bdpc-8-8/images/DSCF6826.jpg

tippmannsniper-
08-09-2004, 04:49 PM
thats just a custom milled bushy with some aka ups you can tell by the frame tray that connects the frame to the gun

Steelrat
08-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, the front and back arent from any bushmaster I've ever seen. From a quick glance it looks like one, but when you look closer it doesnt fit. Also, what about the eblade grips? Those really dont fit on anything but an eblade frame. The person shooting the gun is a member of team "Wiseguys" who are the AKA factory team. If someone got a product first, it would be them. There was a pic of a wiseguy using a 2 liter months before it was announced.

edgeexcal
08-09-2004, 05:06 PM
thats an eclipse bushy. aka doesnt have plans on making a new gun yet, thats what alan told me at iao when i confronted him with the idea of a new gun. just fyi

Brian

BlackWeenie
08-09-2004, 05:18 PM
what is the web adress for the aka forum?

LittlePaintballBoy
08-09-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm betting he means the AKA forums on PBN.

68magOwner
08-09-2004, 05:43 PM
looks WAY to much like a bushy/imp to get around SP

Muzikman
08-09-2004, 05:44 PM
It would be a smart idea to use the EBlade to get around the patent issues.

Yep. If it is a new gun from AKA and it is using an eBlade frame, there is no SP issues. The eBlade is already licensed.

Steelrat
08-09-2004, 06:05 PM
thats an eclipse bushy. aka doesnt have plans on making a new gun yet, thats what alan told me at iao when i confronted him with the idea of a new gun. just fyi

Brian

Eclipse bushy? With AKA feedneck threads? And what appears to be an AKA style detent cover on the side? And with AKA-type missing around the feedneck, not to mention an AKA-type bolt pullpin?

AKA has always been coy about their releases. They have been slyly advertising a product called "Evil M" for a few months now. And I agree, using the eclipse e frames would be an easy way to get around any patent issues.

edgeexcal
08-09-2004, 06:15 PM
WELL IF THEY GOT AROUND SP WITH THAT EBLADE THEY STILL CANT GET AROUND wdp'S PATENT OF ANY MOTHER FARKIN GUN WITH A CIRCUIT BOARD IN IT SO POOP ON YOUR CHEST! wooooooooooooooo

edgeexcal
08-09-2004, 06:22 PM
IM SORRY BUBBLEBOY16 JUST POSTED THAT ON MY NAME DONT REGARD THAT AS MY POST PLEASE

Steelrat
08-09-2004, 06:24 PM
The Eblade electronics are already safe under an agreement between SP and Eclipse. So any gun that uses it should be covered too. Or, make a gun with a mechanical setup, but have it ready for eblade installation to make it into an electro.

magman007
08-09-2004, 06:26 PM
I SWEAR! I CANT WIN!!! GRRRRRRRR just got my viking, and what now? A NEW GUN? WTF?!?! GRRRRRRRRR it happens to me every freekin time!

WingMan13
08-09-2004, 06:27 PM
:nono:

flyinasian016
08-09-2004, 06:27 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LMFAO!! Brian, go take your aderol, you need it!! LMFAO

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Muzikman
08-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Rat-boy, what makes you think it's got an AKA feed neck? Bart makes no-riders for the BM2K too.

Steelrat
08-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Oops, Im behind the times then. I was under the impression it was just AKA and trixes, my bad. Thats what 3 weeks of work in Hawaii will do to you ;)

Muzikman
08-09-2004, 06:44 PM
How can you tell there are e-blade grips on that too? I have been looking and can not see any part of the grips or frame it's self.

magman007
08-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Muz, if you look at the thread in the aka forum on pbn, you can clearly see its got some eblade grips on it

louie
08-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Better picture:
http://www.teamwiseguyspaintball.com/icc/bdpc-8-8/images/DSCF6824.jpg

Lord_Whoopass
08-09-2004, 07:03 PM
I think AKA is up to something again... HOPEFULLY A NEW GUN... hehe... anyways the body kinda looks like a rat impulse but it definitely has the 2-liter, SCM and an AKA bolt pin on it... hehe somethings up... :ninja: :headbang: :dance:

Muzikman
08-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Oh, ok, the only pic I saw was the one in this thread.

Steelrat
08-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Some people on the AKA forum have suggested that the body is a milled Merlin extrusion. The guy in the picture has also commented, though only to say that the gun, whatever is it, shot well.

hobbesTZ
08-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Looks like an Impy w/ rat feedneck to me.

Steelrat
08-09-2004, 11:07 PM
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=603892&perpage=21&pagenumber=4

Scroll to the bottom of the page, has some nice closeups.

Doesn't look like a bushy to me...

O_o
08-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Bushies do have SCM's now also so that's a slight possibility. The ASA does remind me of a bushy and so does the tray but the milling is different from 2k3/4 bushies. Also the back doesn't have the bulging ram cap as bushies do so definitley not a bushy.

My guess, a marker devised by ASA that's mech but CAN be converted to electronic with the use of an eblade. A SP patent loophole !!! :rofl:

68magOwner
08-10-2004, 12:51 AM
my guess is that it will work alot like an imp/bushy but people will say its better because thats just what people do :rolleyes:

Cryer
08-10-2004, 12:59 AM
I had always expected more from AKA than just slapping an Eblade on their gun. It doesnt seem their way of doing things...

I almost expected them to come out with a pnuematic trigger, like the hAir...

_tMAN
08-10-2004, 01:02 AM
yeah,
I'm going to be watching AKA, sounds like a good idea, but as cryer said, it just doesn't seem like AKA.

68magOwner
08-10-2004, 01:12 AM
if this is what it looks like- bushy/imp with e-blade, why not just put an e-blade on a viking and sell it? seems like a better idea to me

RingOfScale
08-10-2004, 01:20 AM
i'm agreeing with the people who say its just a bushy <>

stondroopy
08-10-2004, 01:54 AM
well 2 things pop into mind.1 is that is something that maybe the guy using it slapped together just to see if it will work.#2 like car companies do with new model cars they cover em up with stuff to keep the true identity(sp) of the car a secret till its released,dunno just a thought :D

digitard
08-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Thats a good point.

Throw a generic body around the internals to do whatever testing they need.

Who knows. Dan on PBNation has hinted toward AKA doing something new, but nothing else has been really said.

It does have AKA qualities. It could be a generic body modified to fit whatever internals they needed in there for testing purposes. Bodies can be changed at any point once the internals are tested and ran through their paces.

Jackel411
08-10-2004, 07:41 AM
It almost looks like it is using a RAT Bushy body ( not a typo there are two or three that I know of ) Definitly a bushy under there... now...eblade frame? Eh some one had one and slapped in on for ****s and giggles.. IE thats why I have had an Ir3 frame and even a Mag Z frame on my bushy...

Crazy hype drivers... just looks like a custom bushy....

rkjunior303
08-10-2004, 07:48 AM
So true.. One of the few ways to create a prototype is to utilize what things you have around you.. They could be testing an entirely new internals, wether its within the frame or the body.. so who knows.. All you could be looking at is the shell to some revoltionary gun.. It's all speculation....

From what I know about AKA, I expect good things no matter WHAT it is.

Top Secret
08-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Thats not a Rat body, its a Merlin P-block body with the top milled down for the bolt pin.

SpecialBlend2786
08-10-2004, 07:55 PM
hmm, looks interesting. The body kinda reminds me of the Murder INC BKO's, especially the upper tube.

http://www.murderincpaintball.com/prod_images/2_2k4%20bk%201%20small.jpg

shadowfalcon78
08-10-2004, 09:13 PM
it sure does look like an aka gun. we really need a nice close up

Steelrat
08-10-2004, 09:23 PM
AKA is known for screwing with people's heads. I remember that one product launch they hyped, and it turned out to be a barrel cover :mad: BUT, I think they might actually be preparing for a major launch here...

SpecialBlend2786
08-11-2004, 12:03 AM
AKA is known for screwing with people's heads. I remember that one product launch they hyped, and it turned out to be a barrel cover :mad: BUT, I think they might actually be preparing for a major launch here...

hopefuly..... :cool:

magman007
08-11-2004, 09:25 AM
you know, the only thing they havnt reworked is the valve system all that much, yes the tornado is amazingly good, but who knows, maybe they threw the gun together..... to test a new valve idea?

magman007
08-11-2004, 09:54 AM
new realization. why would AKA release a gun Called an Evil M? huh? that makes 0 sence. Evil would throw a freeking fit about it. Now. under the Evil Forums on PBN, there is listed the Minion. Evil Minion. Makes sence doesnt it? MAybe Aka has helped design it. Also, the player, Smeek, plays for wiseguys, an Evil TEAM. now, doesnt this all come together nicely? i think we can saftely say, that this is the prototype of the Evil Minion.

SpecialBlend2786
08-11-2004, 01:04 PM
new realization. why would AKA release a gun Called an Evil M? huh? that makes 0 sence. Evil would throw a freeking fit about it. Now. under the Evil Forums on PBN, there is listed the Minion. Evil Minion. Makes sence doesnt it? MAybe Aka has helped design it. Also, the player, Smeek, plays for wiseguys, an Evil TEAM. now, doesnt this all come together nicely? i think we can saftely say, that this is the prototype of the Evil Minion.

Makes sense to me. Although I thought the Avatar was sceduled to be developed and released before the Minion.

paint magnet
08-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Oops, Im behind the times then. I was under the impression it was just AKA and trixes, my bad. Thats what 3 weeks of work in Hawaii will do to you ;)

No, that's what PBNation will do to you.

Anyway, don't Eblade frames take the same grips as LCD Angels?

WenULiVeUdiE
08-11-2004, 03:24 PM
If it was a MI B2k, couldnt they have just slapped an eblade on tehere? They wouldnt need the power switch on the tray since it's on the back of the eblade. But I dont think it's a b2k, so eh, w/e.