PDA

View Full Version : FragTek Customs Brings You... The FragMag!

FragTek
08-09-2004, 05:07 PM
The all new FragMag!

http://www.fragtek.com/pix/fragmag1.jpg
*More pictures will be available soon!

I talked to RogueFactor and had him put some pieces together for me to create a limited run of the new FragMag! If you've been holding out to buy a new RT ULE Pro, now is the time to get one, as these won't last long and I won't have many to sell. These are coming stock with a ULE'd rail w/ adjustable foregrip mounting slot and also have the much coveted black aluminum RT foregrip bracket opposed to the steel RT Pro bracket. These babies are super-light and ready to rip!

Here's what they come loaded with:

-Black X-Valve w/ ULE Trigger Pull Kit (ULT)
-Black ULE Body
-Black Intelliframe w/ Black Blade Trigger
-Black RT Pro Rail w/ ULE Milling and Adjustable Foregrip Slot
-Black Aluminum RT Foregrip Mounting Bracket
-Black Vertical ASA w/ Black Gas-Through Foregrip
-Black Bottomline w/ SS Hose
-No Barrel
-Full AGD Warranty / Spare Parts / Lube / Manual

These will be selling for an amazing introductory price which I will be releasing in the dealers forum hopefully some time tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled for more information! Again, I will have a LIMITED quantity of these, once they are gone, they're gone, no more will be built, so you will want to get your hands on one while I still have them available.

Thanks for looking everyone! How do you like it?

DiSoRdeR
08-09-2004, 05:08 PM
WOW :eek: only If this had come out a week before I bought a mag :cry: Very nice :headbang:

minimag03
08-09-2004, 05:15 PM
I really like them. I think they will sell well, esspecially if the price is competitive with the RT ULE Custom.

FragTek
08-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the praises, I think it turned out really well myself :D

The price tag will make you wanna throw down some bills, that's for sure :clap:

Sac
08-09-2004, 05:21 PM
looks sweet fragtek, i may hafta buck up and buy ne of these depending on how tempting your price is.

magman#1
08-09-2004, 05:22 PM
uhh what's different about this and a normal rt ule custom???

RRfireblade
08-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Look good. Now all you need is 'someone' to laser your insignia (if you have one) on it somewhere. ;) ;)

govnamac
08-09-2004, 05:26 PM

The black anodized trigger on the Iframe

FragTek
08-09-2004, 05:28 PM
looks sweet fragtek, i may hafta buck up and buy ne of these depending on how tempting your price is.
Stay tuned for that tidbit :bounce:

There are a few details. First and most importantly is the ULE'd rail. It's completely gutted to make the gun as light as possible, and it also includes the adjustable foregrip mounting slot found on RogueRails. It is also shipping with the original RT foregrip bracket which is black ano'd aluminum opposed to the RT Pro bracket which is brushed steel. It also includes the all black Intelliframe with black blade trigger.

Look good. Now all you need is 'someone' to laser your insignia (if you have one) on it somewhere. ;) ;)
That would be sick :)

RRfireblade
08-09-2004, 05:38 PM
That would be sick :)

LMK, I can make it happen. ;)

TDonovan
08-09-2004, 05:41 PM
I do in fact like that... And since I'm in the market for a new gun, it's very possible that I'd get this.

The adjustable foregrip is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I want it close to the trigger guard than it is shown in the picture, and since it's adjustable it shoudn't be a problem.

Don't all new xvalves have the rtpro xvalve symbol on them though? Or do you just happen to have the ones that were anno'ed before that change.

As for engraving a symbol, I personally wouldn't like it, but I WOULD like an all black SS hose. I'd probably just put some black tubing over it to keep it all uniform :)

Overall nice gun, I'll keep my eye out for when you put them up in the dealer forum.

Gunsmoke
08-09-2004, 05:44 PM
That looks awesome. wish i could get 1!! :cool:

FragTek
08-09-2004, 05:56 PM
I do in fact like that... And since I'm in the market for a new gun, it's very possible that I'd get this.

The adjustable foregrip is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I want it close to the trigger guard than it is shown in the picture, and since it's adjustable it shoudn't be a problem.

Don't all new xvalves have the rtpro xvalve symbol on them though? Or do you just happen to have the ones that were anno'ed before that change.

As for engraving a symbol, I personally wouldn't like it, but I WOULD like an all black SS hose. I'd probably just put some black tubing over it to keep it all uniform :)

Overall nice gun, I'll keep my eye out for when you put them up in the dealer forum.
Using the RT foregrip bracket puts the foregrip out in front of the gun as far as it can possibly go. Directly mounting the foregrip to the very end of the slot is still closer to the frame than with using the bracket, and with the foregrip adjusted all the way to the back, it's pretty close to the frame. Keep an eye out for these to go up for sale in the dealers forum!

Edit: All of the new X-Valves have the X logo lasered on them. AGD discontinued custom lasering of valves for specific guns a while back.

RR - We'll see what I can come up with in the future.

Gunsmoke - Thanks, I wish you could get one too!

felony
08-09-2004, 06:04 PM
let RR do something..

he does great work!

http://jayloo.com/files/pics/6000/trix1438.JPG

FragTek
08-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Wow felony, that's hotness... Very clean too. Great work RR!

Kyser
08-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Well since im working on funds to purchase a mag this may be the one I have to buy depending on price. I was actually looking at doing a pewter body but the all black look is def. HOT. Anyhow when can we expect the pricing and other details to show up in the dealer forum?

FragTek
08-09-2004, 07:18 PM
If all goes as planned, pricing and ordering infro will be in the dealers forum tomorrow, yay! :clap:

Chronobreak
08-09-2004, 07:35 PM
nice looking...nothing special i guess...but a nice looking ule custom nonthless and im sure at a great price as well ;)

FragTek
08-09-2004, 07:38 PM
The three previously mentioned parts are what make this one "special" :)

Kyser
08-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Would everything be tested and true from the level x, to the ULT? Ive been debating on getting the ULT or just sticking with the stock on/off assembly since I will be upgrading to the "Deadlywind hair trigger" when it comes out. Can I get a good amount of "reactivity" out of it? Some people seem to say it kills the reactivity and some say they have no problem getting it to rip even with the ULT? Thats basically the hangup, while besides funding which should be there by the end of the month. Also do you have any other pictures with different angles and such?

Chronobreak
08-09-2004, 07:47 PM
the stock on/off is reactive as ur gonna get the ult kills that in favor for a walkable or fannable trigger at the cost of reactivity and theoreticaly max rof

FragTek
08-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Would everything be tested and true from the level x, to the ULT? Ive been debating on getting the ULT or just sticking with the stock on/off assembly since I will be upgrading to the "Deadlywind hair trigger" when it comes out. Can I get a good amount of "reactivity" out of it? Some people seem to say it kills the reactivity and some say they have no problem getting it to rip even with the ULT? Thats basically the hangup, while besides funding which should be there by the end of the month. Also do you have any other pictures with different angles and such?

I'm working on another pic that I will have up by tomorrow for the release of this gun, same angle however.... It doesn't look any different from any other sides, it's still a mag :) And to answer your tuning question, yes, it comes fully tuned and ready to gas up and hit the field when it gets to you.

As wantamag described, the purpose of the ULT is to create a lighter pull, but retain the same return speed force so that you can really rip the the trigger hard. Basically, the point of the ULT is so that you CAN get the marker to rip legally w/o having to sweetspot the trigger on a stock on/off. It can take some time to learn how to play with the ULT and not short stroke it, but once you have it nailed, you will be in love!

Thermus
08-09-2004, 07:52 PM
Thats pretty much exactly what I want my mag to look like, so please post the price soon!

FragTek
08-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Keep your eyes glued to the dealers forum tomorrow, it should get up there at some point in the day :)

BobTheCow
08-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Frag and Rogue, two great guys, one great gun. If I had the cash I'd definitely pick one up. Good work kids!! :dance:

FragTek
08-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Haha, thanks BTC :) U gonna make it to the next AO*VA day punk?

Evil Bob
08-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Looks very nice. Its only shortcoming is the fact that it doesn't have a clamping feed neck. I would yank off the original and replace it with one that Rogue offers.

-Evil Bob

BobTheCow
08-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Haha, thanks BTC :) U gonna make it to the next AO*VA day punk?Of course!! lol you guys went and picked the ONE day I couldn't make it this season, good job... :)

FragTek
08-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Looks very nice. Its only shortcoming is the fact that it doesn't have a clamping feed neck. I would yank off the original and replace it with one that Rogue offers.

-Evil Bob

Soon enough Bob :) When I get back to selling the custom RogueMag's that will all become reality once again. The new RogueMag's are sure to be a hot ticket.

This gun is aimed for the people looking to get the factory AGD RT ULE's but want more class, and less weight.

TeamNausea
08-09-2004, 09:44 PM
I do think you should make it set apart from the rest with some engraving or something

FragTek
08-09-2004, 10:49 PM
I can't say that it hasn't crossed my mind a few times.

TeamNausea
08-09-2004, 10:51 PM
well i mean the mag is sweet as hell as it is but set it apart and that way there wouldnt be ppl with all blakc mags trying to say its a fragmag... And it would only add like 15 a gun to you so to us it would be liek 20-25 more per gun... And it'd be a TON sweeter with it

FragTek
08-09-2004, 10:54 PM
I'll have to definately keep that thought in my head... Might do it on a later model, who knows :ninja:

PaintballSmurf13
08-10-2004, 12:01 AM
very sexy mag... i wish i had more money and stop spending all of it.. :tard: ..so i could buy one
-Ryan

RingOfScale
08-10-2004, 01:25 AM
too many people seem to be selling mags now that are just ULE customs with like one tiny upgrade <> like, the logic and rogue mags deserve to be around, but there are to many other "custom" mags which arnt anything special.

tyrion2323
08-10-2004, 09:07 AM
Dear Frag,

I think that a few things would really set your line of mags apart from the rest.

First, I think including unimounts instead of those crappy ASAs would be a great idea. Those ASAs are finicky and I had to use an extra o-ring in mine, which was a giant pain in the butt! I can help hook you up with them if you so desire.

Secondly, I would seriously recommend offering fully anodized markers - not just the ULE bodies. Here are my recommendations: [cinnamon red, burnt orange, frost silver, sunburst yellow, carbon blue, slate blue, plum purple, cerulean blue, crimson red]

Thirdly, I think that offering a clamping feedneck STOCK would be a great idea as well. You can either talk to me about this or talk with Rogue.

Just my suggestions - use them if you like, ignore them if you don't :)

Peace and good luck!

Jacob

FragTek
08-10-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks for your input guys, and don't worry options like these are going to be available!

I will say it once again. This marker is the alternative for someone considering purchasing a basic RT ULE Pro. For conversations sake ONLY, lets just say this marker was the same price as a standard RT ULE Pro, which one would you buy?

I will be selling the new RogueMags shortly as well, which will be sure to offer everything you could imagine :)

too many people seem to be selling mags now that are just ULE customs with like one tiny upgrade ---- but there are to many other "custom" mags which arnt anything special.

Too many? I say not enough! Let there be choices in the world! :bounce: Which other ones would you be speaking of anyhow? I'm currently only aware of the FragMag being a base RT ULE Competitor that comes stock with some decent upgrades.

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Nice mag, i still like mine better. Its the one on your main page, red a silver goodness :D You did a great job with my mag and it shoots great, keep up the great work!

www.fragtek.com BWAHAHAHAHA!

FragTek
08-10-2004, 11:32 AM
Thanks AJ!

I had a really great time building up that mag... The end result was definately the coolest mag I've ever put together, the color combination r0x0rs! Glad your enjoying it, and thanks for the props!

Adrenaline_Junkie
08-10-2004, 11:35 AM
No prob frag, keep up the good work man!

FRAGTEK IS THE SHIZ! lol

Buy mags from this guy, he is the best!

tyrion2323
08-10-2004, 11:44 AM
too many people seem to be selling mags now that are just ULE customs with like one tiny upgrade <> like, the logic and rogue mags deserve to be around, but there are to many other "custom" mags which arnt anything special.

Frag,

I think that what he's saying is that (and I may be wrong) too many people have the same exact looking mag. Even with the Karta, Chords and Dallara, there really aren't that many variations of automag out there. People like something different and something custom.

That's why I suggested adding those things to your mag, to really set it apart from the rest. A complete anodizing included in the price? That's a reason right there to buy a Frag-Mag instead of a whatever-mag.

FragTek
08-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Anodizing isn't free :) I couldn't custom ano these and sell them for the same price, i have to eat too ya know, lol.

I know what youre saying though, but that's not the point of this gun... The whole purpose of this gun is to offer a buyer without the money to build up a gun such as a RogueMag the opportunity to have something nicer than stock.

Adrenaline Junkie - Thanks again man, hehe. I just added the pic gallery to the site, go and check it out! www.fragtek.com

FragTek
08-10-2004, 04:46 PM
Official Sales Thread!

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147947

team unwanted
08-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Those are extremely hot Frag! I would love to get one but it seems I’m out of money.

FragTek
08-10-2004, 09:34 PM
They're definately a hot setup, no questions asked, expecially at the asking price! Wish you could afford one bro. You going to be at the next AO*VA day?

SpecialBlend2786
08-11-2004, 01:58 AM
Beautiful product at a beautiful price! Is Rogue by any chance getting a cut? Just wondering.

team unwanted
08-11-2004, 10:44 AM
You going to be at the next AO*VA day?

I wouldn't miss it for the world :dance:

FragTek
08-11-2004, 10:47 AM
You better be there! *hope I'll be able to make it!*

team unwanted
08-11-2004, 10:51 AM
You better be there! *hope I'll be able to make it!*
you better come I think every one of us wants to hold your new mag!