PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing macroline

Setzer
08-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Okay, I got my order of macroline and connectors in today, so I started to remove my stock steel braided. My marker is an RT ULE. Anyway, I got the steel braided hose off just fine, but I cannot for the life of me remove the elbows from the valve and asa. I would really appreciate some help here, thank you :)

chirogator
08-09-2004, 07:44 PM
carefully with a wrench, turn the elbow counter clockwise. once out, clean the threads with a toothbrush making sure not to let the pieces go into the valve.

teflon tape the new elbows, and screw in tight. should be good to go!

Setzer
08-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Thank you for the reply chirogator, but I guessI need to be a little more specific. I can't get them to budge at all. They just refuse to be removed...any ideas on how to get them out?

Tunaman
08-09-2004, 08:30 PM
"Give me a lever long enough and I could move the world". Try a longer wrench. That should do it. and they dont need to be that tight when you install the new fittings. Most of the Macro fittings have PTFE thread sealer on then already so dont use any teflon tape if they do. Let me know how it goes. ... ;)

Setzer
08-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Done and done, thanks Tuna. Oh, and love the macroline I got from you, and the cutter works flawlessly :)

AGDlover
08-09-2004, 09:04 PM
"Give me a lever long enough and I could move the world". Try a longer wrench. That should do it. and they dont need to be that tight when you install the new fittings. Most of the Macro fittings have PTFE thread sealer on then already so dont use any teflon tape if they do. Let me know how it goes. ... ;)

oooooo somebody did their history reports :cheers: ya you may need some heat because they may have loc-tight on the threads

Tunaman
08-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Done and done, thanks Tuna. Oh, and love the macroline I got from you, and the cutter works flawlessly :)Make sure you push the macro ALL the way in. You can almost hear it click in. Glad you like the macro cutter. They make for a nice cut every time. ;) Oh...and take that macro and tie it in a knot. They try that with some "other high quality macro"... ;) :D

Setzer
08-09-2004, 09:18 PM
Make sure you push the macro ALL the way in. You can almost hear it click in. Glad you like the macro cutter. They make for a nice cut every time. ;) Oh...and take that macro and tie it in a knot. They try that with some "other high quality macro"... ;) :D

Haha, thats awsome :)