PDA

View Full Version : my compressed air tank is a little screwd

Lentz
10-21-2001, 09:05 PM
ok i play all day today with my gun then i go to take off my pure energy 68 stub. and it doesnt come off but is turning at the base of the reg. so i think crap i better drain the tank as much as i can before i take it off. so i take off the tank by unscrewing by holding the reg. i drained the tank completely and to my suprise the reg is now free moving and i can take it off completely from the bottle. Im wonder what i should do to fix this and is it just a matter of locktiting it up or should i get the factory to fix it.

freakyt
10-21-2001, 09:30 PM
Holy s***. That is like, the most dangerous paintball story I have ever heard.

DEFINALY call the factory and tell them what happened. That should NEVER happen. I've heard of that before.

If that sucker would have come off with 3000 psi in that bottle, it would have been a flying torpedo.

Just to give ya an idea of how much pressure one of these tanks hold, I heard a story once when I was first stating out that I think is relevent now. These guys were testing out these tanks, a 47 ci 3000 psi. They filled it all the way up to 3000, put it under a school bus, and shot it with a 30.06 (nobody was around, of course, they were doing this on a closed course). It lifted the bus off the ground by six inches.

Don't use that tank again. How old is it?

Lentz
10-21-2001, 09:45 PM
i have only had the tank 5 months myself and i bought it new from a store so it shouldnt have any problems anyways. it was damn scary and i know exactly how dangerous it could be. im gonna call the factory tomarrow when i get back from school.