PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 Marathon - Must Beat Game

Warewolf50
08-10-2004, 04:16 AM
Well, after getting doom, it was apparent that a multi-day no sleep marathon to beat it was in order. So we got some dew, a 51" hdtv, surround sound, and a wireless keyboard and mouse(mmm...mx duo) and got to work!

Its 5:12, we've been dooming for about 7 hours, and I think we've put a serious dent in the game. Its quite disturbing to hear footsteps behind you, and whip around to find a 51" imp right behind you! (its 51" diagnoal i know :argh: )

We have quite a while to go, but we shall not sleep until its over!

Sincerely,

Xmetal2001
Warewolf50

xmetal2001
08-10-2004, 04:17 AM
Indeed, Indeed, Figured I'd throw a post by my username in here, even though i just wrote that...

fire1811
08-10-2004, 07:36 AM
well you make it to hell yet??

xmetal2001
08-10-2004, 07:49 AM
No, we are currently in the monorail station...i think about halfway through the game

Trick
08-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Man, hell to me felt like the halfway point.

I remember playing the game and through the whole thing I thought, "I gotta be getting pretty far by now..." WRONG. :D

Skoad
08-10-2004, 01:07 PM
monorail station? half way?

HA!

painball
08-10-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm planning on playing it quite a bit this afternoon. I'm currently in Alpha Labs sector 3. I need to get moving if I'm ever gonna finish it. :cool:

Hexis
08-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Gonna start working on it myself tonight. Got the game last week and decided it was time for a new video card. Damn games making me upgrade...

fire1811
08-11-2004, 09:42 AM
http://www.fpscentral.com/index.php?game=5&site=folder&id=743

bunch of D3 mods
the duct tap mod and its variants is the best

ahh flashlight on a gun

krafty
08-11-2004, 01:16 PM
I just made it back from Hell last night. Man, was that one guy a pain to kill! Oh well, at least I've got the soul cube now.

'use us...' hehehehe..

Sparq
08-11-2004, 04:12 PM
The Guardian? I dunno, so far the boss fights have been alot easier than expected...

Killing Sarge was easier than killing a couple hellknights.

Warewolf50
08-11-2004, 08:35 PM
hmm the only hard part bout the gaurdisn was figuring out to shoot the blue glowing thing above him instead of him when the searchers are spawning. Well we failed to beet the game, we are almost done with the cpu levels. But we will finish it before the end of the week. Now we keep hearing Sarge is coming. Soooo that should be fun.

The soulcube is soo awesome always gives me health, its my best friend. A usefull hint. make a key that is easy to reach the key for thw soul cube so u can pull it out when u wanna us it instead of having to scroll to it.

Anyone else rember locker 666 and questioned opening it cause the code was right there.

Sparq
08-11-2004, 11:13 PM
The stickynote? Too obvious...a single shotgun shell took care of that little issue.

Sarge was easy.

fire1811
08-13-2004, 03:13 PM
man is it just me or are the kiddie voices pretty damn freaky?

oh and forgot to mention a while ago when i came across its, but i about pissed myself
when you go into the batch room and look into the mirror. man that really caught me by surprise.

man this is just a great game. :shooting: :mad: me whackin a demon

ZSigErik
08-13-2004, 03:27 PM
God, I want to play this game so bad, but I really dont think my comp can run it...

fire1811
08-13-2004, 03:34 PM
what you got?

ZSigErik
08-13-2004, 03:41 PM
what you got?

AMD Athalon XP 2500+
1.83ghz
512 RAM
Gefore4 Mx 440
can i?

fire1811
08-13-2004, 03:43 PM
well per the minimum requirements on the box yes you can.

you will probably have to run it at low or medium settings.
but the game still looks excellent at those levels.

Warewolf50
08-13-2004, 04:06 PM
well per the minimum requirements on the box yes you can.

you will probably have to run it at low or medium settings.
but the game still looks excellent at those levels.

agreed, when we were playin it on the big screen we had the res on 800 by 600 i think and it still looked great whenever i looked over at my monitor to watch it. The game on med settings still looks amazing.

xmetal2001
08-13-2004, 06:04 PM
agreed, when we were playin it on the big screen we had the res on 800 by 600 i think and it still looked great whenever i looked over at my monitor to watch it. The game on med settings still looks amazing.

Actually, We had it on 640x480. It still looked decent, the game scales very well.

edit: removed sig

Xyxyll
08-13-2004, 08:23 PM
I wish that were the case with me. I bought the game the weekend before two-a-days started up. I haven't had any time all week to play. Kinda ruined it now that I haven't played in a while. I'm no longer scared of anything. I just rush the rooms and take whatever comes at me w/ the shotgun, machinegun, and chaingun. It's a fun *** game. I just wish I had time to play it. :(

ZSigErik
08-13-2004, 11:09 PM
I wish that were the case with me. I bought the game the weekend before two-a-days started up. I haven't had any time all week to play. Kinda ruined it now that I haven't played in a while. I'm no longer scared of anything. I just rush the rooms and take whatever comes at me w/ the shotgun, machinegun, and chaingun. It's a fun *** game. I just wish I had time to play it. :(

Two a days for football huh?

Yea I grad. this past year and I drove by the Varsity practice feilds the other day and almost cried. I miss football so much. :( Oh Well, what can ya do.

Warewolf50
08-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Two a days for football huh?

Yea I grad. this past year and I drove by the Varsity practice feilds the other day and almost cried. I miss football so much. :( Oh Well, what can ya do.

Hopw can u miss summer two a days, i did it sophmore year, wiht the jv/varsity it was hell. I dont think i coulda done it for 2 more years.

gamarada717
08-14-2004, 01:16 AM
Just got it and wow....Nothing better than playing in total darkness, with a 5.1 system loud as hell. What I hate is how I don't have a flashlight on a gun. I always come upon the worst guys when I have that damn light out.

Blennidae
08-14-2004, 01:55 AM
Just teleported across the destroyed bridge in the delta labs. Am I the only one paranoid enough to whack the occasional dead body with the flashlight for fear of them coming to life at the most in opportune moment? :tard: It is kinda of a pain with the whole flashlight thing, but if you could see everything it wouldn't have the scare value.

Warewolf50
08-14-2004, 02:06 AM
Just teleported across the destroyed bridge in the delta labs. Am I the only one paranoid enough to whack the occasional dead body with the flashlight for fear of them coming to life at the most in opportune moment? :tard: It is kinda of a pain with the whole flashlight thing, but if you could see everything it wouldn't have the scare value.

I made it a tradition in the game every dead body i came across i would punch in the crouch until they decinenagrated casue i had a couple to many come to life behind me. Yeah i had heard bout the flashlight mod for the game but thought it would be cheap, i wanted to play the game the way it was ment to be played. Hmm a lil hint for hte people who havent been to hell, when u go there they take away your flashlight. Ohh its fun. Hmm the part where the darkness screwed me over the most is when u have to follw that imps body in like a soorage pod through the really dar area and the 2 imps pop out of nowhere and it is pitch black i jsut randomly fired the plasma rifle till i killed one and aimed at the two glowiung red dots that were the othere eyes.

Whats really fun whenever u see the fat guy zombie kil him with your flash light, it is fun.

Did anyone els notice the possesed mop bucket in alpha labs i think that flys at u through a window?

fire1811
08-14-2004, 07:00 AM
http://www.fpscentral.com/index.php?game=5&site=folder&id=743

bunch of D3 mods
the duct tap mod and its variants is the best

ahh flashlight on a gun

this is the cure for the no flashlight on gun stuff. believe me it is still pleanty freaky without it.

fire1811
08-14-2004, 07:01 AM
Am I the only one paranoid enough to whack the occasional dead body with the flashlight for fear of them coming to life at the most in opportune moment? :tard: .

i usually use my pistol with one to the peanut
:shooting:

fire1811
08-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Did anyone els notice the possesed mop bucket in alpha labs i think that flys at u through a window?

that damn mop bucket him me in the head :cry:

Carnage
08-14-2004, 07:55 AM
I know my brother beat the game same day it came out.

He sent me pics on the most "disturbing" part. Its where a guy is stuck to a balcony? Im not sure but his insides are all showing, and yet he is still alive!~

Sparq
08-14-2004, 12:28 PM
He's stuck to the ceiling and starts shreiking as you enter the room...4 demons enter through vents, apparently at his call. I wouldn't call that the most disturbing part, but it's certainly a highlight as far as gore and general evil goes. I've got a screenshot of a zombie taking buckshot to the upper chest at point blank, at the moment when the body starts dissolving...the detail is amazing...lol. I'll post it below...taken at 1024x768, medium detail.

CLICK HERE (http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/haHA.jpg)

As always, the shotgun is king, and as always, I conserved the ammo of my heavy weapons too much...ending the game with like a hundred unused rockets, max ammo in the plasma assault, and chain guns, etc. I was using the BFG on everything, just because I didn't want to finish without having used it.

fire1811
08-14-2004, 05:25 PM
nice SS

i too use the shotgun a lot and conserve too much ammo

i just either wait till there right on me and blast em or i charge at them and hit em point blank

fire1811
08-14-2004, 06:12 PM
a little chainsaw action :D

Sparq
08-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Ah, the chainsaw (http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/saw.jpg) ...such an elegant, precise weapon...

Do not bite the shins of an armed marine. (http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/smackdown.jpg)

I give you: The death of a demon.
1 (http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/demon.jpg) 2 (http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/demonkilled1.jpg) 3 (http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/demonkilled2.jpg)

I think I took about 400 screenshots through the course of the game....kept just over 100.

RobAGD
08-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Yea D3 has been eating some of my sleep time of late :D

I am not as far as I would like to be, as I finish an area I re sweep it to look for things I missed. Hell I am been out of fps game for so long that I am having to get back into the grove, and I find I am a bit twichier that I use to be :)

But its look ing good at high Q and 1024x768... I still havent tweaked my card or the game yet, and am waiting for teh ATI drivers to go final for the D3 changes.

Very fun

-R

fire1811
08-14-2004, 11:41 PM
and then wait a week or so for omega to tweek them, and ooooboy will it be even sweeter

AutomagRT1483
08-15-2004, 12:15 AM
Quick question, where is the portal in Delata Labs section 1???

xmetal2001
08-15-2004, 12:41 AM
Quick question, where is the portal in Delata Labs section 1???

If you are asking this because your objective is "find the portal", all you have to do in section one is get to section 2. You won't find the portal until you make it through all of delta labs.

AutomagRT1483
08-15-2004, 12:44 AM
K, thanks. Now I feel stupid. I think I missed a PDA in the level for a security access to one of the doors because I cant find the exist after I get back to the elevators in the main lobby.

fire1811
08-15-2004, 12:57 AM
bah those damn PDA's