PDA

View Full Version : newbie ???

mardye
08-10-2004, 01:44 PM
I just got a minimag from a pawn shop that appears to be upgraded somewhat-comp air ,carbon bottle ,auto loader,longer barrel. My question is how do I properly adjust velocity and how can I tell if the internals have been upgraded.Oh yeh and what else can I do to increase distanc/accuracy etc. :D

eNder159
08-10-2004, 02:39 PM
ther'es not much you can do to increase accuracy and distance...besides the standard paint to barrel match ...

where to take your paintball and you place it in your barrel and then you blow into your barrel and see if the paintball comes out ..if it shoots out of your barrel with relative ease then youll be accurate...if it just rolls out the barrel then you have a too big of a barrel and you wont be as accurate/efficient with your air...

on the back of the valve .where it says its a minimag or classic valve or an RT or Xvalve on it...there will be a spot where you can stick an allan key in and adjust your velocity...turn it to the right to increase and turn it to the left to decrease

also a mag valve doesn thave much "ups" in the internals. because it has an integrated regulator...so you dont really want to mess with the inside of the valve...

BUT

you can upgrade to a lvl 10 bolt .which will prevent chopping 99.9% of the time...

a big tip is to make sure your tank is properly hydroed..since it came from a pawn shop...to do that bring it to your nearest fire extinguisher place and have them check on it...if you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask

btw WELCOME TO AO!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

mardye
08-10-2004, 03:31 PM
How can I tell if it already has a lvl 10 upgrade?and can I run 02 because it runs air wich is kind of a pain to fill here?

eNder159
08-10-2004, 03:38 PM
well the lvl 10 bolt first thing to look for is the foamie tip ...if you look at the bolt if the tip has a foam type material on it...chances are its a lvl 10 ...also if you look at the bolt at the end of it if its angled a little bit that's a good indicator if its lvl 10 ...if its just straight then no its not...

also can you rephrase the second part of your question ...kinda hard to understand it

abunkerer
08-10-2004, 03:43 PM
If the valve says minimag on it then it is a classic style valve and can be run on Co2.

The Level ten bolt will have a hollow center "stem", this is the part of the bolt that goes into the Powertube, it is designe this way so that the bolt "vents" the gas when an obstruction is in the bolt path. the level 7 bolt has a solid stem. Don't worry about that stuff yet, just oil the gun and go have fun! Hmm, that rhymes..."just oil the gun, and go have fun..just oil the gun, and go have fun" -sorry :rolleyes:

1ofkind
08-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Even though they can be ran on C02, I don't recommend it at all. Your gona be shooting a bock of ice after 1 and a half hoppers.

mardye
08-10-2004, 04:40 PM
How bad is it with an anti-syphon thing-and during the warmer months?(running c02 instead of air)

1ofkind
08-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Hmm, maybe 2 and a half hoppers :rofl: If you really want to use c02 get a remoteline, and a expansion chamber

mardye
08-10-2004, 11:12 PM
It has a ANS phase II on it -would that be an expasion chamber-and how high do I turn up the gun with the adj. on the back-if I go too high will I break something-and thank you to everyone that has replide :D

nate2k191
08-11-2004, 12:35 AM
haha, i wouldnt suggest having the ans phase II charger on it, if its on the end of the "tube" part of the gun. and if so, it's not an expansion chamber, its a "upgrade" which i think is actually worse than the part that AGD puts on at the factory.

i ran co2 on my mag for a while, but i got frustrated with it freezing up, frost would form around the valve sometimes =\. anyway i got a compressed air tank, and later an x-valve, level 10 and more.

i would reccomend putting air and paintballs in your gun and going somewhere where u can shoot it safely to adjust the velocity, a field with a crono would be best. im not sure if u can turn it up too high, i dont think so, but dont push it ot the extremes. so adjust the velocity on the back with an allen wrench until its around 280 or 290 fps. then its all good.

take a picture of ur mag and post it here if you can and we can take a look at it, it would help. :)

have fun bieng a mag owner, it rocks.

anymore questions, just ask :argh:

abunkerer
08-11-2004, 12:53 AM
No, you wont hurt the gun by having the velocity set too high...but it will start to leak out of the back (where the allen wrench goes for velocity adjustment) if it gets really high. However, if you ever shot someone at 450+fps it might really cause some serious physical injuries, so go to a field and use a chrono.

Best thing for you to do right now is go down to a paintball shop and let them take a look at your gun, get aquainted since you'll probably be seeing a lot more of those guys in the future! haha.. paintball is addictive and the shops dealers are the "pushermen"

mardye
08-11-2004, 01:07 AM
the gun is great I,ve only shot 200 balls through and they went as fast as i could pull the trigger :shooting: I just want to run c02 as a back because getting the bottle filled isn't convenient.everybody has c02 but I have to drive about 20 miles to the next town for air.I tried to upload a picture but it told me it was too large?the gun has revo hopper ans phase IIccm dropdown thingand i believe a longer barrel

nate2k191
08-11-2004, 03:10 AM
cool, if you have adobe photoshop or paint you can either highlight parts of the image that are excess and cut them or resize the picture so it will be postable

BTW that sucks that u have to drive so far for air. i know the feeling when you wanna try out ur new gun, but lack the resources. =\

mardye
08-11-2004, 11:04 AM
If I were to use co2 as a backup how should I set it up-vertical -remote-anti syphon horizontal?inexpesive :D