PDA

View Full Version : considering MINIMAG

evo.end3R
08-10-2004, 02:38 PM
im considering buying a minimag i was jsut wondering what should i inspect when i go check it out (its used). im having him come to a local shop and gonig to have them check it out. he says that it needs new seals for the xpansion chamber but for now they have it ghettorigged with a remote hooked straight into the valve...hes aasking only 100 bucks :wow: , no tank or hopper. he said he had the valve replaced but doesnt know what valve it is. im new to AGD products just wondering if this is a good buy and what to lok for...anytihng helps, thanks

eNder159
08-10-2004, 02:47 PM
first thing you want to do is check if its a minimag valve / classic vlave / ReTro Valve / or an Xvalve...itll all say on the back of the valve...when you go inspect it..try to shoot it over a chrono and see if the FPS jumps all over the place...if so then somethings inside the internal regulator needs to be replaced...also check to see if the o-rings are iin one piece and look decent...also to seal up the expansion chamber...just loctite it ..and it should be ok...if not just use macroline straight from the tank to the valve...

also when you gas it up ...make sure there are no leaks ...but that's a given...

if everything seems to be in order take it for 100 bucks its a steal!

o ya if it doesnt say any of the aforementioned valves...then im betting its one of the ANSII regulators that are aftermarket...

i forgot to mention ask if CO2 has been used on it ...if so definitely make sure the o-rings are sitll in tact because co2 tends to do nasty stuff on the inside...

o ya WELCOME TO AO!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :shooting: :shooting:

evo.end3R
08-10-2004, 07:58 PM
thanks :D im going to take a look at it tomorrow...yes it has been running on c02, and all it comes with is jsut the gun and stock barrel and "what other stuff he can find"...so ill need to get a new barrel, nitro tank and halo to start off... i dont know what other things are good probably a dual trigger frame would be nive...everyone praises the lvl10 bolt but with a halo breaking paint shouldnt be a problem. ill have more information tomorrow, ill see if after i check it out to give me a couple hrs to decide and ill come home and post up what i found out about it...thanks again, great help :cheers: :dance:

evo.end3R
08-10-2004, 08:43 PM
first thing you want to do is check if its a minimag valve / classic vlave / ReTro Valve / or an Xvalve...itll all say on the back of the valve...

can u be more specific? i dont know what to look for...im mag-retarded aha

Carbon Blue
08-10-2004, 08:48 PM
can u be more specific? i dont know what to look for...im mag-retarded aha

on the back of the gun you will see a valve that is connected to the velocity adjuster, that whole piece should say one of the following, "minimag" "classic" "retro valve" "x"

SOAD8789
08-10-2004, 08:52 PM
the valve is at the back of the body, and it will normally say what kind of valve it is. very hard to miss. definately shoot it over the chrono, see whats up there. also, if you want a 2 finger trigger frame, ive got an intelliframe for sale, 75 shipped. just thought i might add that while im here. :dance:

evo.end3R
08-10-2004, 10:02 PM
awesome ill definatly want the intelliframe :headbang: :shooting: :shooting: :D haha....im checkin it out thurs i dunno if this shop has a chrono or not...will the intelli fit on the minimag?? also, what other upgrades are recomended (besides lvl10)??

eNder159
08-10-2004, 10:29 PM
thanks :D im going to take a look at it tomorrow...yes it has been running on c02, and all it comes with is jsut the gun and stock barrel and "what other stuff he can find"...so ill need to get a new barrel, nitro tank and halo to start off... i dont know what other things are good probably a dual trigger frame would be nive...everyone praises the lvl10 bolt but with a halo breaking paint shouldnt be a problem. ill have more information tomorrow, ill see if after i check it out to give me a couple hrs to decide and ill come home and post up what i found out about it...thanks again, great help :cheers: :dance:

noononononoon you got that statement ALLLL backwards...heheh not to worry you are mag n00b....you NEED the lvl 10 otherwise itll become a blender regardless if its a halo...welll then again maybe not...but its ALWAYS good to have...what if your halo breaks..and have to borrow a revvy or an empire reloader...=oT youll def chop ...

evo.end3R
08-10-2004, 10:56 PM
oo well definatly first thing i need to do is fix the seals and get a better barrel and a nitro tank and a halo...then ill worry about the frame and bolt upgrades after that

nate2k191
08-11-2004, 12:51 AM
it would be nice to see a picture of it. then we can tell you a bunch. nitro is almost a must, its so much better than co2.on upgrades: i traded in my old valve with the "go x-valve" program that AGD has, and got an x-valve for 225, its great... wow, i love it. and i got a level 10 bolt and a ultra light trigger kit. shoots exactly how i want for how i play. :shooting:

anyway, just keep posting on here, people here can help you with anything.

evo.end3R
08-11-2004, 08:26 AM
ok honestly im kinda having trouble deciding...i really do need a new gun..i have a tippy98c lol...but i am kind of weary about this guy's mag because he doesnt really know much about it and its ghetto rigged so it can shoot...i can probably get it off him for pretty cheap...less than 100, but then i have to buy all these upgrades for it...
ive been loooking around and i also found these two guns, each $200
Kingman Spyder E99
PMI Piranha e-Force EXT Pro 2K3:
http://www.tamparacing.com/gallery/data/514/163371.JPG

here are some pics of the mag...
http://www.tamparacing.com/gallery/data/500/15332DSC00180.jpg
before and after brushing/cleaning...
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1418539

i dont have any pics of the way it is set up currently.
i do expect people to say get the mag, afterall, this is AO haha...I need a good reliable gun that im not gonig to be pumping money into and sometihng that will help me get myself good enough to play in tournys, and one i could use in a tourny if i wanted to..i just cant decide, i have trouble deciding anytihng ahaha...just looking for other peoples opinions, thanks :)

eNder159
08-11-2004, 01:20 PM
if you wanna get into tournies...thne you should save up on an e/x mag...if not..then just a ULT kit with an intelli frame and you should be able to keep up bare minimum

evo.end3R
08-11-2004, 06:26 PM
he says he's been using oxygen not co2 in it...ill check out the gun tomorrow in person

space_weazel_45
08-11-2004, 07:07 PM
i played with almost that exact setup on co2 for about 3 years, for the most part the only thing i had to do with it was oil it and 2 power tube o-rings over that time i have slowly pieced and parted things together to make it in to this
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/6000/Dscn12624899_rs.jpg

my vote is for the mag because
-i have rarely had a good spyder(or clone) experience, except for my trusty ol’ F4
-i was able to shoot plenty fast on co2 with out freeze ups, this is in Oregon playing through out the school year and in to the summer. i did have an anti siphon
-its a better feeling, better designed gun.
-supper simple.
-5 minute repairs to get back playing
-no cup seals to fiddle with ;)

and the best part is that as i upgraded i kept the parts so now i have a complete other gun, and was never spending gobs of money at one time and never without a gun.

http://www.tamparacing.com/gallery/data/500/15332DSC00180.jpg
your potential gun is a hopper left Classic minimag, stock trigger frame, cool old school braided line, and an interesting barrel I like it and I would pay $150-170 for it so $100 is an excellent deal. Just make sure the serial # match on both valves, they are on the side of the gas line towards the bottom of the valve, not critical but nice to have, they appear to match.

evo.end3R
08-11-2004, 07:52 PM
thanks alot....he says he had the vlalve replaced, so i dont know if the #s will match...ill check it out tomroorw :D :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :dance:

minimagjim
08-11-2004, 08:46 PM
hey go with the minimag if its not too banged up, and oh he was probably using compressed air, which is breathable so i guess thats what he meant by oxygen.

The minimag will serve ya well, if its valve is in good condition then there should be no problem. The trigger upgrades available are not needed but are good to have. If you never shot a mag or feel that chopping would be a problem (usually those who paintball with me who never shot a mag before chop or double feed paint) go with the level 10 which is a little tricky to install but its well worth it in the long run. The valve itself is not a problem unless you want to upgrade to an X or RT valve. Otherwise just keep it the way it is. Body leave it until you want to go with a ule or other special body. Plus the reason its a minimag and not a something else is because of the body.

I would definetly say go with the mag over a spyder, since if you are interested in playing and investing money into the sport wisely. If you get a spyder you would probably wanna keep it for a year at most cause every one else will be using a super this or that...The mag can be upgraded to that standing where as the spyder can only be takin so far.

welcome to the family if you decide to buy, welcome to AO otherwise...

:headbang:

evo.end3R
08-11-2004, 08:59 PM
http://www.tamparacing.com/gallery/data/500/19295MM1.jpg
http://www.tamparacing.com/gallery/data/500/19295MM2.jpg

he said it was ghetto rigged but its not that bad...the expansion chamber has bad seals but im getitng that along wit the steel braided lines too

nate2k191
08-12-2004, 09:22 AM
im the same as space_weazel, i had a gun like that in the pics uve posted and now mine is a beast, the only original part on the gun is the screw that holds the body to the rail and frame.

evo.end3R
08-12-2004, 11:27 AM
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

:wow: :wow:

:D im going to go check it out now...beback soon

evo.end3R
08-12-2004, 03:14 PM
I bought it for 90 bucks!!!! im so happy, it cost another 3 bucks for a pack of orings to fix the expansion chamber and it works fine!! im so happy!! pics whenever i borrow a digital camera!! YAY!!! :clap: :clap: :bounce: :bounce: :dance: :dance: :shooting: :shooting: :headbang: :headbang:

evo.end3R
08-12-2004, 10:25 PM
i cant wait for the stuff i ordered to get here...68/4500pmi carbon wrapped tank, halo LCD frontman hopper :D

space_weazel_45
08-13-2004, 01:00 AM
and now we shall all have to come but and wack you witha stick for geting that for $90 :dance: :dance: :dance:

guysdaman
08-13-2004, 06:16 AM
I really think you ought to look into getting a LVL 10 bolt asap. You will not regret it! Check out the buy/sell/trade forums right here, you see then going for as little as 35-45 bucks sometimes! Welcome to AO and the mag family! You will never regret getting a mag!

craltal
08-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Nice deal. It looks like that might be one of the ANS valves. If it is, you won't be able to trade that in for an x-valve and get the discount.

If you are getting an HPA tank, I'd suggest replacing the expansion chamber with a plain foregrip unless you find that chamber comfortable to grip. Personally I find them a little too fat to gri pcomfortably for an extended period of time.

If you want a different barrel, let me know. I have a freak back and an Armson Stealth that I don't need or use that I'm lookingto sell cheap.

evo.end3R
08-13-2004, 01:38 PM
argh! stupid hurricane! i live in tampa so at least it turned and isnt hitting us directly...im still afraid that i wont beable to go to the field tomrorow!